Nier Automata

Malkav

French Madman
We have yet to see how good the PC version will be.
I have a feeling we'll be getting a shitty port, no 21:9 support, and so on.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The other issue is that this game is releasing in the middle of a lot of other cool titles (at least for PS4 users), so I don't even know when I will have time to get to this. Im struggling just to get Nioh done before it comes out....

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm expecting this to be my GOTY by a mile, so everything else is going on the back burner the moment the package gets here.

PC version is right out too, since Square Enix puts Denuvo in all their games now. Besides, with the way they pulled that ad with the PC release date so fast, I take that to mean it's not actually coming to Steam right away.

Malkav

French Madman
Kinda wished there were still some Black Box editions available but fuck Square only selling them on their store and charging at the time of order and not time of shipping.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is funny. You cannot save your progress with the game until -after- you beat the Demo section of the game, if you die, you have to restart back at the beginning (and you can't skip the long-ish intro cutscene). The streamer I linked earlier spent 2-3hrs trying to get past the boss of the demo section, but could not, so he quit for the day (he had already been streaming for 7hrs or so). So, master that Demo!

Seems to be a lot of references to Nier and Drakengard, but that is only fans of those games.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Dying before the first boss is considered an ending, that's why it makes you restart. You can also remove stuff from the skill menu that kills you which is also considered an ending. Lot of quirky stuff in the game.

Malkav

French Madman
The demo was not even hard.

That goes back to the discussion in the Horizon thread, somehow some streamers just suck at games.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, can sell some chip that you have equipped and you will die. There seems to be a bug with the Self-Destruct option, if you use it on the Moon, you die and get an Ending; but if you use it out in the world (while not in combat) you don't die....but 2B's skirt disappears, so you get to see her ass in all its glory.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The demo was great. Makes me wish I had played the first game. Will be getting this sometime in the future. Nioh starting next week, the HZD after that. Too much good shit at the same time!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Yea, can sell some chip that you have equipped and you will die. There seems to be a bug with the Self-Destruct option, if you use it on the Moon, you die and get an Ending; but if you use it out in the world (while not in combat) you don't die....but 2B's skirt disappears, so you get to see her ass in all its glory.

never change, japan

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Almost done with Nioh. Have Horizon on pre-order for March 1, then 9 days until Nier since it launches a few days later here. Then another 13 days until Mass Effect and another 12 days until Persona 5.

Torment: Tides of Numenera also releases on the 28th of February.

The past 4 months + the two next are like the golden era of PS2 in terms of RPGs.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Also, just saw "ExcessiveProfanity" managed the "demo" level on hard. 6ish hours he said it took due to all the deaths.

*saving possible* came up.

Went into menu, saved, leaned in to the camera

"That might be my favourite save. I didn't even know I had such a ting as a favourite save. That's cool"

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I played the demo last night. Combat is fluid, and the style of moving from 2D to 3D and what not... But over all, I couldn't get over the feeling it felt like a free to play game. Honestly I have no idea why I thought that. Maybe I just need to give it a bit more time in the demo and/or explore the customization options more. Or play more. I got passed the first cut scene after beating that saw/razor thing.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is no confirmed PC release date, people are saying the 10th of March due to the Square Enix website having an image showing the 10th as the PC release (Steam), but it was quickly removed. You can pre-order for the Steam release on the Square site, but there is no current confirmed date.

Watching ExcessiveProfanity fight the Theater Diva boss (shown in many trailers) on Hard.... crazy ass fight.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I tried the demo last night, this wasn't really on my radar but now I'm looking forward to it.

It will most likely be after Horizon and Mass Effect.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rumor has it SE wasn't pleased with Denuvo getting their shit pushed in almost immediately after RE7's release and they are delaying NieR PC because of it.

Btw, for those who've bothered making a Japanese PSN account, there's a couple free NieR themes available. I really like the 9S one.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I went with the White theme, I like the mellow music more.

Not sure if this is worthy of a spoiler, or even its actually true, but once you beat the game as playing 2B, you unlock a campaign to play as 9S, and if you complete that one, you unlock A2. Sounds pretty cool.