Nightflyers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Nightflyers

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2018-12-31

Creator: Jeff Buhler

Overview: In the year 2093, a team of scientists aboard the Nightflyer, the most advanced ship ever built, embarks on a journey to find other life forms. Their mission takes them to the edge of the solar system, and to the edge of insanity, as they realize true horror isn't waiting for them in outer space—it's already on their ship.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

Nightflyers is a 1980 novella and a 1985 short story collection by George R. R. Martin,

reportedly is in the spirit of the story and based more on the screenplay for the 1987 movie

a group of scientists who begin a space voyage to find a mysterious alien creature, and in the process are victimized by the ship's malevolent computer

The series will be shot in the Ireland and premiere in July 2018

it has been picked up for a full ten-episode season order, with a substantial budget, one that should allow them to create a show that looks as good as modern audiences expect. They showed me drawings of some of the set designs, some very cool sets. They even showed me the NIGHTFLYER herself:

484626_900.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I just wanted to use this as an opportunity to say how underrated Event Horizon is.

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think they already made this movie.

I cant do that Dave.

• 2Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Trailer is out. And yeah budget they lavished on this is almost certainly why they killed The Expanse.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Jesus, that is some high budget looking shit for Syfy. Guess it makes sense now.

Btw, that trailer really felt like a movie trailer, no?

• 2Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah but it's for a 10-episode series. They must've fleshed out the novella A LOT.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

not read the book, but don't see how single ship horror story will keep going that long

read that it most likely has a 2 season deal, unless it crashes hard

• 1Like

Goatface

1st 5 mins

=
as it doesn't look like it has it own thread, and don't know if should yet
Youtube Premium has a scifi horror-ish series called Origin
can watch episodes 1 and 2 for free
i am like 5 in and it is ok so far

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Still really, really hoping this is Event Horizon the TV series!

• 1Like

Goatface

someone was telling me this is going to be an anthology with new cast next season.
i couldn't find anything to support that

going to be interesting to see how this plays out

Syfy is set to release its 10-episode Nightflyers series in December, and it's going to make sure you can watch it quickly and easily. The first episode will drop Sunday December 2nd, and episodes two through five will follow daily through Thursday, December 6th. Episodes six through 10 will air between Sunday and Thursday the following week. Additionally, Syfy is also releasing each episode across all of its platforms when they broadcast on TV, and you'll be able to catch the first two for free even if you don't have a cable log-in.

i tried to support Dark Matter, Killjoys and Expanse on their app, but the ads are utter garbage

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If its free I don't mind dealing with the adds.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
First episode is always funky. Even GOT first episode was odd compared to the rest of the series.
Things like camera work, costume, set, actors being comfortable in the roles all take several episodes to work out.
I'll wait a few days until I can see several in before I rant that Syfy dropped Expanse and Dark Matter for this shit.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Holy fuck did their mission get off to a shitty start. The captain should have aborted within the first 5 minutes.

First episode was alright. IMO, things escalated way too quickly. Would've worked better if we could have been eased into the chaos. But I guess Syfy was worried they would bleed viewers fast if they didn't ramp up things asap.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Third episode is out. No one is watching this? It's not terrible.

Oh well, so much for my theory that the captain is the ship's AI. I suppose that would've been too obvious.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Oh well, so much for my theory that the captain is the ship's AI. I suppose that would've been too obvious.

Still waiting to hop into this, sadly life events delaying that (moving/unpacking blows).

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U

I watched it, sort of. Will try again tonight, I assume with now a 4th episode. Maybe this time I won't have a zombie horde swarm me in 7d2d while I watch it.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database