Nightly Movie Thread

Column_sl

shitlord
Since this forum consumes a lot of movies lets get a nightly movie recommendation thread going.

Just post whatever you just watched ,and you can either do a brief review, OR just post if you liked it or disliked it.

Can be any movie ,as well as stuff that is being torrented.

Be a good resource for people hunting movies at night to find new stuff.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I sawHeavy Metala couple of nights ago on one of the cable channels for the first time in years. It's cheesy at times but still an absolute classic even though it was censored. Growing up as an 80's D&D kid and later a bit of a stoner that movie serves as a real touchstone to bygone days.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Just watched "Zodiac" again tonight. I really like this movie. Hadn't seen it in a few years, but I think it's just a compelling movie and also makes me wonder how any murders ever got solved back in that era. Police forces were just completely inept.

Column_sl

shitlord
Watched "Z for Zachariah" Tonight. It's a post nuke film about a couple survivors.

Wasn't that great. About a C+

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tried to watch that Point Break remake. It's so fucking awful I turned it off half way through. It makes the writing on The Walking Dead look like GOT.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Sometimes I get the urge to find poor quality horror movies (awful acting, but decent violence and rediculous story, etc) scrolled past Trollhunter on Netflix, figured great, awesome B-level monster movie out of Norway...

This movie was beyond satisfying and blew my expectations out of the water with just pure win and makes me wish I didn't ignore it when I've seen it in the past. Was a found footage type movie, but it was a comedic mix of Cloverfield and Blair Witch, without the motion sickness(for me anyway) and maybe some others. I recommend it for anyone who just is looking for something out of left field, especially if you liked Cabin in the Woods or Dead Snow.

It also ended up higher than I expected on RT as wellTrollhunter(2011) - Rotten Tomatoes

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
anyone watched Sisters (Fay/Pohler), good date night movie or not?
I tried but couldn't make it through it.

In the Heart of the Sea - Decent but didn't really capture my attention. C+
Rush - If you like formula 1 racing I'd recommend it. B+
You can tell both these flicks are Ron Howard products right away.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just watched a doc called Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father. Very good movie about how we treat our loved ones. Some parts made my wife sad.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Sometimes I get the urge to find poor quality horror movies (awful acting, but decent violence and rediculous story, etc) scrolled past Trollhunter on Netflix, figured great, awesome B-level monster movie out of Norway...

This movie was beyond satisfying and blew my expectations out of the water with just pure win and makes me wish I didn't ignore it when I've seen it in the past. Was a found footage type movie, but it was a comedic mix of Cloverfield and Blair Witch, without the motion sickness(for me anyway) and maybe some others. I recommend it for anyone who just is looking for something out of left field, especially if you liked Cabin in the Woods or Dead Snow.

It also ended up higher than I expected on RT as wellTrollhunter(2011) - Rotten Tomatoes
I've actually seen that movies a couple of times. I agree, way better than expected.

HUH_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_130519.jpg

Southbound (2015) - IMDb
Southbound(2016) - Rotten Tomatoes

I think someone on this forum recommended this, or maybe it was somewhere else, who knows. It's a horror anthology and I'm a sucker for horror anthologies. It also has a really strong Rotten Tomatoes score.

It's nothing special, your basic low budget multi-story horror movie. 5 segments, I thought 1 was pretty good, the rest average to not so great. Some questionable acting and effects but nothing terrible if you're used to watching low budget horror. If you're a fan of horror anthologies and have already seen all the great ones you might get some enjoyment out of this.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trollhunter was awesome. The bridge troll scene alone is worth it. We had my niece and nephew(8 and 5) convinced for a week that it was a real documentary.

If you really want shitty horror watchIntermedio. If you wanted to know what Ed Furlong(Terminator 2) did for drug money after Detroit Rock City here's your answer.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_130519.jpg

Southbound (2015) - IMDb
Southbound(2016) - Rotten Tomatoes

I think someone on this forum recommended this, or maybe it was somewhere else, who knows. It's a horror anthology and I'm a sucker for horror anthologies. It also has a really strong Rotten Tomatoes score.

It's nothing special, your basic low budget multi-story horror movie. 5 segments, I thought 1 was pretty good, the rest average to not so great. Some questionable acting and effects but nothing terrible if you're used to watching low budget horror. If you're a fan of horror anthologies and have already seen all the great ones you might get some enjoyment out of this.
I highly suggest The Changeling. George C Scott. It's also free on youtube. One of the best horror films ever made.

The Changeling -- 1980 Classic Ghost Story (High Quality Version) - YouTube

HUH_sl

shitlord
I highly suggest The Changeling. George C Scott. It's also free on youtube. One of the best horror films ever made.

The Changeling -- 1980 Classic Ghost Story (High Quality Version) - YouTube
Changeling was one of my favorite horror movies growing up. My parents didn't give a shit what I watched, combined with a video rental store near by that rented old release movies for a buck resulted in me watching a shit ton of horror movies when I was just a kid. Changeling was one of the few that stuck with me.

The Final Girls (2015) - IMDb

It's a PG-13 rated parody (satire? homage?) of a genre that is known for its hard R ratings. I mean most slasher flicks are nothing more than an excuse to show boobs and blood so you kinda have to go in with lower expectations. It's more meta comedy than anything. It's entertaining, and a cool concept but the final act kind of sucks. Watch Cabin in the Woods instead.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Watched Schindler's List last night. Usually watch it once a year.

You know how it goes.

Column_sl

shitlord
Just finished watching The trust with Nick Cage, and Elijah Wood.

Very good Heist movie. Nick is great when acting insane.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Watched Schindler's List last night. Usually watch it once a year.

You know how it goes.
I watched that in the theater when it was released. Could never bring myself to watch it again. I'm kinda like that with all holocaust movies. Schindler's List, The Pianist, Life is Beautiful, they're all awesome movies, but it's just hard to watch people treat other human beings like that.