Nightly Movie Thread

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_130519.jpg

Southbound (2015) - IMDb
Southbound(2016) - Rotten Tomatoes

I think someone on this forum recommended this, or maybe it was somewhere else, who knows. It's a horror anthology and I'm a sucker for horror anthologies. It also has a really strong Rotten Tomatoes score.

It's nothing special, your basic low budget multi-story horror movie. 5 segments, I thought 1 was pretty good, the rest average to not so great. Some questionable acting and effects but nothing terrible if you're used to watching low budget horror. If you're a fan of horror anthologies and have already seen all the great ones you might get some enjoyment out of this.
Watched this last night with my wife. This movie was hilarious. One of the stories with the guy in the hospital...

"What do I do now??????" "Compress the lung" "WHAT!?"

Lol wtf. Oh ok that sounds like sound medical advice!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I watched that in the theater when it was released. Could never bring myself to watch it again. I'm kinda like that with all holocaust movies. Schindler's List, The Pianist, Life is Beautiful, they're all awesome movies, but it's just hard to watch people treat other human beings like that.
I feel the same way except that with Band of Brothers "Why We Fight" episode. It's so fucking powerful I can't help but watch that every now and then.

Column_sl

shitlord
I re watched "The Witch" last night after listening to a pod cast with the director explaining every nuance of the film.

Enjoyed it much better the second viewing.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I feel the same way except that with Band of Brothers "Why We Fight" episode. It's so fucking powerful I can't help but watch that every now and then.
So many of the band of brother episodes are powerful as fuck, it's nuts. I don't think the pacific could quite elicit the same emotions as I got with brothers - you guys are smart, why didn't it hit those notes? I just rewatched band of brothers a few weeks ago so gonna start in on some pacific now and see if I can figure it out.

edit: i actually gotta say, between band of brothers and the pacific it's amazing seeing how our young college folks are now adays. Their kids may have ass fucked us but you gotta give up something to the greatest generation.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Just watched Hit man: Agent 47 tonight. Holy shit might be one of the worst movies of all time. It's a complete and total ripoff of Terminator 1, Terminator 2, and The Matrix. The only saving grace for this movie was the main chick was hot. Other than that, even for a brainless action flick, it was fucking bad. I think it may have actually been just an hour and a half ad for Audi.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Late to the party, but I finally got around to watching 'John Wick' on the weekend.

Great solid action movie!

Lesson learned: Never mess with someone's dog.

Column_sl

shitlord
Watched Krampus last night was pretty mediocre. Still wasn't terrible tho.

We also rewatched " The Mist" the Thomas Jane version. That is one wonderful film even if I knew the twist.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Watched Krampus last night was pretty mediocre. Still wasn't terrible tho.

We also rewatched " The Mist" the Thomas Jane version. That is one wonderful film even if I knew the twist.
"The Mist" wasn't a very good movie at all. If it weren't for how incredible the ending is, no one would even talk about that film.

Column_sl

shitlord
The Mist" wasn't a very good movie at all. If it weren't for how incredible the ending is, no one would even talk about that film.
Seems like a pretty ignorant thing to say considering it's a film that builds you up for the twist at the end. So if the end paid off then what exactly is the criticism?

Anyway lots of people love that film.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Seems like a pretty ignorant thing to say considering it's a film that builds you up for the twist at the end. So if the end paid off then what exactly is the criticism?

Anyway lots of people love that film.
The special effects while they were in the grocery store are worse than what you would see on the Scy Fy channel. It's also a typical Stephen King horror story where every actor portrays a stereotypical, cliche, stock character. There is nothing really exceptional about the movie except for the ending.

Column_sl

shitlord
The special effects while they were in the grocery store are worse than what you would see on the Scy Fy channel. It's also a typical Stephen King horror story where every actor portrays a stereotypical, cliche, stock character. There is nothing really exceptional about the movie except for the ending.
You mean like the Rich Black lawyer, or the Movie poster artist who lives in a small town..

The movie was made almost a decade ago, and the special effects aren't that bad. Just sounds like you hate Stephen king,and has nothing to do with this movie.

You are pretty much saying you enjoyed the punchline, but hate the joke....

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sometimes I get the urge to find poor quality horror movies (awful acting, but decent violence and rediculous story, etc) scrolled past Trollhunter on Netflix, figured great, awesome B-level monster movie out of Norway...

This movie was beyond satisfying and blew my expectations out of the water with just pure win and makes me wish I didn't ignore it when I've seen it in the past. Was a found footage type movie, but it was a comedic mix of Cloverfield and Blair Witch, without the motion sickness(for me anyway) and maybe some others. I recommend it for anyone who just is looking for something out of left field, especially if you liked Cabin in the Woods or Dead Snow.

It also ended up higher than I expected on RT as wellTrollhunter(2011) - Rotten Tomatoes
+1 for Trollhunter. Movie is so good.

Column_sl

shitlord
Took the family to Jungle Book yesterday. Good for the kids, but I got to be honest I slept through half of it.

Not indicative of a bad movie because it has a high production rate, I just wasn't into it.

Hoping to watch Risen tonight tho. Seems interesting

HUH_sl

shitlord

The Invitation (2015) - IMDb
IMDB - 6.9
Rotten Tomatoes - 90%
META - 78%

Guy goes to dinner party being held by some old friends he hasn't seen for a few years. Throw in some 'not everything is as it seems' suspense. Staring Tom Hardy lite and Daario from GoT.

Strong reviews and a lot of hype, but I found it boring and predictable. When things actually start happening it's too little and too late. Maybe I was expecting too much since it was getting a lot of praise, or maybe I wasn't in the right mindset for a movie like this but it did nothing for me.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Just finished watching The Godfather Epic on HBO; parts 1 & 2 recut and merged into chronological order with additional scenes added. Seven hours worth.

Column_sl

shitlord
I want to say it was HumanSide, but not sure since I subscribe to like 8 film review podcasts.

I plan to watch Heartless tonight since I've never seen it. Seems interesting