Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
rumor is monster hunter 5 is a ps4 exclusive which will be announced at e3

i didn't even know XX was an older game, thought it was just another new MH. that sucks for nintendo fans if the exclusive is true, switch gets old shit and PS4 gets new shit

Wouldn't make much sense financially. MH on consoles has always sold poorly, and Japan is predominantly a handheld market - MH's sales are due to it being portable. It also has sold poorly in the West, where consoles are the dominant way to play games.

It's more likely for MH5 to be a 3DS/Switch cross release than a PS4 exclusive, as the 3DS install base dwarfs PS4 in Japan. Capcom is extremely cheap and doesn't want to spend money making HD assets.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
actually sense MH3U in the West sales for the series state side have expanded way over there expectations, hence why were getting XX so fast vs how long it took them too Localize X(Generations)

and please let 5 be a PS4 exclusive..... Not buying another Nintendo console till they get there head out of their ass

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I picked up Monster Hunter 3 on Wii U and could never get passed the UI choices, control scheme and insane grinding it seems to require. It's a shame because it looks like something that I should love but I just end up getting pissed off at it. As far as PS4 goes I've noticed a few JP games that are coming out for PS4 and switch (the new Dragon Quest is the only one off the top of my head but I think I saw a couple others) so maybe it will come out for both.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'd be willing to give MH a go if it came out on PS4. Got my pro and 4k monitor sitting here, would be good to put it to use.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I have tried Monster Hunter a few times - Wii U and 3DS. If this was on PS4, I would play it. They are hard to get into though from a deep dive. I remember with the Wii U people kept restarting the game to get some sort of table for drops or something because one of the tables was inherently broken with poor drops.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I have tried Monster Hunter a few times - Wii U and 3DS. If this was on PS4, I would play it. They are hard to get into though from a deep dive. I remember with the Wii U people kept restarting the game to get some sort of table for drops or something because one of the tables was inherently broken with poor drops.

Depending on the time your character was created, you got a random hash in your character data that they used to determine what Charm table you belonged to that could potentially be gotten. Charms are end game "jewelry" items that increase skills but aren't armor and skills they raise are random/flexible so it's very important for finishing skill sets. They got rid of that system in MH4 though. Everyone has access to the same charms.

Since Monster Hunter 4 the game has gotten a lot more modern as far as design decisions and accessibility I'd say - which is why it's popularity in the West has gone up. Although a lot of that is due to Nintendo doing the marketing and some localization and footing the bill for Capcom. (

Seriously they are cheapskates - MH has been using PS2 assets for like 13 years now, and before Resident Evil 7 I don't think Capcom had released anything for the next gen that wasn't a port or remaster using old assets.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I would replay and enjoy FFVII on switch.

Maybe there will be a remake in 2023. I know I'm asking too much.

The industry just keeps making terrible calls. I remember arguing with Elidroth when I still played EQlive. I have since considered the option that I was too involved to be objective, but in hindsight I can only conclude I was right all along, dev call after dev call made EQ worse.

Grats on nerfing earthshaker / bard AE kite, it really helped everyone. Disabling song of highsun on raids, based on my beta input? Well done, really added to the variety of tactics.

Tl;dr: the industry has a lot of people it shouldn't. Worse even, it keeps giving proven failures new chances.

Wrecking the quality game EQ was took effort, and these guys really gave it their best, by removing all the elements that made the game great, while claiming it was progress and the players opposing it were ignorant.

It took years but their consistent stupidity won in the end. Original EQ was like an 19/20 diceroll, and retards like Elidroth ruined every aspect of it.

Guy should be banned from forums, no troll will ever be a similar detriment to the MMO community.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Not really a fighter game guy, but had a lot of fun with ARMS just now with the first Global Test. No lag/disconnects, sweet lobby system.

I think the motion controls will end up being the best way to play. The traditional controls are fine/functional but motion control was a bit more intuitive and responsive.

i think Nintendo has another Splatoon type hit on their hands.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Only got to play 20ish min so I can't really comment, but the 20 min I did experience was really fun.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I said I'd buy a Switch if Monster Hunter was on it and if it comes to America I will. Probably for Christmas, put it under the Santa Claus part of the budget.

I was reading that neogaf thread and was expecting Utnayan Utnayan to come up and start telling people how shit the Switch is. I spend too much time in here.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I said I'd buy a Switch if Monster Hunter was on it and if it comes to America I will. Probably for Christmas, put it under the Santa Claus part of the budget.

I was reading that neogaf thread and was expecting Utnayan Utnayan to come up and start telling people how shit the Switch is. I spend too much time in here.

It is shit. And it's a port of a game any monster hunter fan has already played, and played very recently. However, if that's how you want to blow 300 bucks, knock yourself out. I'm not your mom telling you what to do with your allowance money.

Now if it was a newly developed Monster Hunter 5? That would make more sense in my eyes. All this release news is telling me is that, once again, the Switch will be a place where you will play upgraded ports of shit you already played for 90% of its library for the next two years minimum.

Last edited:

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Haha, it's going to be a gift for my kids mostly, and I haven't played the last game. But nice try. :)

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Haha, it's going to be a gift for my kids mostly, and I haven't played the last game. But nice try. :)

Well for that, I can see it. :) If you have not played Zelda on a Wii U, and want to try this MH game (localization probably won't be until 2018 FYI so I hope they know Japanese) and banking on Mario actually releasing this fall... but do they have a 3DS now?

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Okay, 1h20m with 30+ fights on ARMS and went ahead and preordered for now. I've never really been big on fighting games either but having an absolute blast on this. Online has been flawless for me so far and the lobby is neat. Just wish there was something that tells me what each Arm does (or maybe I'm just missing it?).

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
As someone who golfs and likes JRPG and Harvest Moon like games; really looking forward to this.

• 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It is shit. And it's a port of a game any monster hunter fan has already played, and played very recently. However, if that's how you want to blow 300 bucks, knock yourself out. I'm not your mom telling you what to do with your allowance money.

MHXX hasn't been localized for the West yet so unless you imported you haven't played it in the US. I'm not sure if this version coming to the West will preclude the 3DS version coming - Nintendo generally helps financially with the Western releases so it might be up to them.

Just wish there was something that tells me what each Arm does (or maybe I'm just missing it?).

Don't think there was. It's just a demo/stress test version so i'm sure there will be a dedicated screen for the arms themselves.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
MHXX hasn't been localized for the West yet so unless you imported you haven't played it in the US. I'm not sure if this version coming to the West will preclude the 3DS version coming - Nintendo generally helps financially with the Western releases so it might be up to them.

Yeah but Generations was the better game according to a lot of MH fans. I do not follow it much, but was curious what was added. Capcom does some really low effort shit with this IP though I do know that much.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Yeah but Generations was the better game according to a lot of MH fans. I do not follow it much, but was curious what was added. Capcom does some really low effort shit with this IP though I do know that much.

Added to XX

G-Rank
Deviant Version's of Gammoth, Mizu, Astalos
Diablos + Massacre Diablos
Barufaruku (Combination of Silverwing Nargacuga and Gore Magala)
Atorua Ka(Praying Mantis, Elder Dragon mechanical telekinesis abilities fun fight but gets dragged out after awhile)
Maps, a couple new some are older ones but updated
2 new Hunting Styles, Alchemy(which I have no clue how it works I haven't used it much), and Brave Style(combination of dodge + charge)

No Stygian Zinogre makes me sad, hopefully they will add more sub-species they have Gold and Silver Rathian/Rathalos even though they are a sub-species..

This is the quick version of the list, there is more added especially weapon arts(and some of them area actually useful OMG)

Last edited: