Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Siliconemelons

I think a Nintendo console is the only one I would care to try and get at launch vs ps and xbone- I got a one that’s a stream box, and a pa4 pro that collects dust

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Guys guys, Switch 2 will have 1080p and 45 FPS docked and 1080p / 30 portable

Super stoked

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crisco

A greasy jar
Guys guys, Switch 2 will have 1080p and 45 FPS docked and 1080p / 30 portable

Super stoked
I like how people respond to just say i dont like something. Why even visit the thread?

Attachments

• wp2391282.jpg
    wp2391282.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 1Solidarity

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'll buy when Zelda hits then scoop up the rest of the stuff. In about 5 years this will be a great second system. I've played my current switch an assload because I waited for the Oled and picked up Nintendo games and a smattering of stuff I'd like to play on the go such as indie shit.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I like how people respond to just say i dont like something. Why even visit the thread?

I love Nintendo, grew up with it, was always my first choice for new game systems up until the PS2/Gamecube (due to Sony having Final Fantasy X and MGS2). Since then it's been the second system I buy every console gen. But I still like Nintendo and want them to do well. So it's only out of love that I joke about their specs being absolute dogshit. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and next time they'll give us something that isn't pathetic.

• 1Pathetic

Crisco

A greasy jar
I love Nintendo, grew up with it, was always my first choice for new game systems up until the PS2/Gamecube (due to Sony having Final Fantasy X and MGS2). Since then it's been the second system I buy every console gen. But I still like Nintendo and want them to do well. So it's only out of love that I joke about their specs being absolute dogshit. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and next time they'll give us something that isn't pathetic.
I get the joke but it has been happening since the wii so it gets old.

I honestly like that they got out of the biggest specs race. And the switch is a great handheld that can be displayed on the tv. If does well for what it is. It may be nice for a beefed up mario or their other IPs but the games are still damn good without it and i honestly dont care much about graphics above 1080p. Maybe im just old and mainly care about gameplay and it being fun and a new experience.

I hope new switch is just modern handheld tech with great games still. Have an xbox to see modern graphics with a game that likely has to many elements that were done before.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
you mad GIF

I am okay with 720p portable as my eyes aren't as good as they were 15 years ago. I also don't have the luxury of sitting unoccupied in front of a large TV or monitor for more than a couple hours a week anymore.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
The whole acceptance of modern day Nintendo systems being 10 years behind the times is a fanboy bitch argument.

How about they make a balls out system, make modern day first party titles that are freaking amazing and show they are back to being top dog in entertainment. Like a Mario game that isn't like the last 20 years, a Zelda game that ain't on the same old tired engine.

You can still love Nintendo, and want them then to show some effort at the same time.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The whole acceptance of modern day Nintendo systems being 10 years behind the times is a fanboy bitch argument.

How about they make a balls out system, make modern day first party titles that are freaking amazing and show they are back to being top dog in entertainment. Like a Mario game that isn't like the last 20 years, a Zelda game that ain't on the same old tired engine.

You can still love Nintendo, and want them then to show some effort at the same time.

It's just getting worse over time. The Chinese shit out like 40 million higher fidelity games on mobile in the time it takes Nintendo to release one game.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
you mad GIF

I am okay with 720p portable as my eyes aren't as good as they were 15 years ago. I also don't have the luxury of sitting unoccupied in front of a large TV or monitor for more than a couple hours a week anymore.

All I'm hearing is a bunch of Nintendo fanboy bitching out.

It's like hearing "I don't mind the PS2 being 480p because I don't have time to sit in front of the TV" from a guy who hasn't upgraded his game console since 2002.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The main issue is the Nintendo business model - they profit from their hardware. They won't ever likely loss lead and honestly, up to this point they do not have too. With 133 Million Units sold, and an average 40% profit margin on the hardware, and sales not slowing down, if I am a company I am not changing that model either until people stop buying it.

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They sold 32 million copies of smash bros Ultimate. I'm sure it cost far less to produce their top 3 games.

Ultimate is the best-selling fighting game of all time and the third best-selling Nintendo Switch game, having sold over 32 million copies as of September 2023. 32 Million at 55 bucks is around 1.7 Billion dollars?

Rude

Potato del Grande
All I'm hearing is a bunch of Nintendo fanboy bitching out.

It's like hearing "I don't mind the PS2 being 480p because I don't have time to sit in front of the TV" from a guy who hasn't upgraded his game console since 2002.
I'm reading the response of a cuck who will eat literal shit as long as it's 4k 60+ FPS. Speaking of, did you already pre-order the Rebirth CE?

• 1Picard

spronk

FPS noob
nintendo accidently uploaded a video to their brazilian youtube channel naming the new switch model Switch Ultra, might be fake but sounds like something nintendo would do

allegedly worldwide announcement in march

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm reading the response of a cuck who will eat literal shit as long as it's 4k 60+ FPS. Speaking of, did you already pre-order the Rebirth CE?

Nah, pre-ordering is for consoomers. The Best Buy version has some nice pre-order bonus but I don't remember what it is. I expect that game to be good if it follows the original, which it probably will for a while, then go off a total goddamn cliff in the last chapter(s) like the first one did.

As for eating literal shit, if you're gonna do it, it's better if it's 4k 60 FPS than if it's like, 900p 30 FPS looks-sub-PS3. I give Switch some slack due to the portability which is fantastic, but on a TV it's pathetic at this point.

Either way I still play the occasional PS1 and PS2 games so graphics aren't the biggest concern, but something about a game coming out in 2023 or so and looking like it's from 2009 does rub me the wrong way. SMT5 comes to mind.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I mean they released the first Switch in March IIRC, eight years before Q1 2025. That's about the right timeframe for the next one. I find it entirely believable. The only potential reason not to is that the first Switch is still making a lot of money from hardware sales and they might want to hold off on a new one until this one slows down. Other than that, I'd say a March 24 announcement and a March 25 release seems likely.