Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Siliconemelons

If they keep the switch name - as hinted at above, it has a high chance of full backwards compatibility - and Nintendo will continue to sell the normal switch until the manufacturing requirements outpace the profit.

Nintendo had some bleed over with the NES and SNES - there were times where there were even the same game for both systems. It was not long, but it happened. Switch will get a modest cost decrease, and the Ultra will be a modest premium - eventually settling to where things are now once the OG switch is phased out.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

Ender Magnolia, which is apparently a spiritual successor to Ender Lilies.

World of Goo 2 - Switch exclusive launching on May 23rd.

Star Wars Battlefront: Classic Collection?

A bunch of remakes, too.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The two biggest news items were that there's a demo for Unicorn Overlord (Vanillaware's take on Fire Emblem that's out in March) up now and SMT 5 Royal Vengeance is coming in June.

Being a Nintendo show, they neglected to mention that SMTVV is fully multiplat too. Wish it was going to be on Game Pass, since that's the only way to get Atlus games on PC without them being infected with Denuvo, but it seems unlikely at this point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
SMT:V being on non-garbage hardware will be nice. I put the game down in the final area of the game and kinda forgot to finish it. This will be a good time to replay it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
SMT:V being on non-garbage hardware will be nice. I put the game down in the final area of the game and kinda forgot to finish it. This will be a good time to replay it.

Yeah I really wanted to get into SMTV on Switch but it was hard to get past the 2007 level visuals.

Unicorn Overlord should be good.

Prime 4 might get announced alongside the next Switch? IDK. Almost given up hope on seeing it. Not sure why we needed a Prime 4 since the Prime series was a gaiden and Dread pretty much resolved the issues Fusion created with continuing the series normally. Could be doing a Metroid 6 instead or maybe something crazy like a 3D remake of the original game. I'll take any Metroid I can get though.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That SNES/NES is overlap era was awesome. I was like 12 so of course it was.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

The commercial about buying a NES for the money grandma gives you for your birthday was lol

hehe found the commercial I remembered

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

That's about when I got into games and it made perfect sense to me that the NES and SNES were getting similar levels of support. To me the NES was this great mythical system I'd heard about growing up, that deserved to be sustained even with something better out.

I remember the top-loader NES being $50 and me really wanting one, but it was the same year where I'd already gotten a SNES, so the answer was a no. Never did get one. Wonder if the top loaders still work better today than the original NES?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's about when I got into games and it made perfect sense to me that the NES and SNES were getting similar levels of support. To me the NES was this great mythical system I'd heard about growing up, that deserved to be sustained even with something better out.

I remember the top-loader NES being $50 and me really wanting one, but it was the same year where I'd already gotten a SNES, so the answer was a no. Never did get one. Wonder if the top loaders still work better today than the original NES?
I have one. Its been amateur refurbished and I've done some work on it and it is miles better than my old push down NES. I think i have one loose connector that sometimes gives a fit, otherwise it works fantastic. I have three SNESs. One of which needs some minor repair work.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Sure Jan GIF

spronk

FPS noob
too bad about yuzu, i just downloaded 4175 early access in case it starts vanishing everywhere. At this point with few games on the horizon I assume its gonna be in maintenance mode for these emulators anyways.

TOTK and super mario wonder running at 60 fps upscaled to 4k with amazing reshaders really changes the games, they look so amazing compared to 30 fps meh 720p switch mode.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
these kind of lawsuits are not about the law itself, its about overwhelming a small group with so many lawyers and court fees that they have no chance. and leaning on judges to be technologically unsavvy and just win on minor things like not showing up, not having enough lawyers, not correctly filing paperwork, etc etc.

it sucks because it starts setting precedent that future judges just blindly follow, "oh nintendo won a case against an emulator it must mean all emulators are illegal so i'll just rule against this one too"

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure a 30k $/month Patreon was a good idea even if it doesn't matter at all in the end for this specific case.

spronk

FPS noob

"Performance Target Between Steam Deck - Xbox Series S"

oh well, not really that surprising. dlss will be nice though, should be 60 fps for every game always

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Launching with 8gb in 2025 is nuts

i've heard it'll be roughly equal to a ps4(which I guess is between a Deck and Series S) so not too terrible for a handheld but yeah, it's going to be 2025.

• 2Like