Nioh (Team Ninja)

Nija

<Silver Donator>
When should I start seeing a problem with medium armor? I'm using a set now strictly for the damage bonuses.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What should I be doing with all the loot I have? Disassemble or turn in souls(or whatever they are called in this)? I experimented with the combining of items and the end results never seemed to have any increase in stats. I'm only past the 2nd main missions now. The inventory is such a clusterfuck in this game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Combine a higher level with the one you want to keep will give better damage/armor whatever. If it is all junk then disassemble for use later or to sell the parts, worth more than just selling it.

An example is you have a set piece that is level 15, you find a shitty piece of armor that is level 30, combine the set piece as main item with the level 30 and you will have a level 30 set piece.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
When should I start seeing a problem with medium armor? I'm using a set now strictly for the damage bonuses.

I noticed pretty much within the same mission. I had started out with light, and so my timing was messed up for dodging. A agility you dodge much further and faster for a whole lot less Ki. B agility is still decent but different enough to cause issues. Which is fine, I guess, but the toughness on Medium armor is also less than heavy so your blocking is more costly as well. Again, this is completely subjective, but I just think the give and take when you consider the two primary defense mechanisms (block and dodge), Medium can do both, just not as good as Light (dodging) or Heavy (stand there and block that shit like a boss) and becomes a hindrance to me.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, there's fewer than dozen enemy types in the entire game, yet I never gpt the hang of those fucking birds.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pretty much need the grapple attack you see him using in that video if you want to skunk them reliably. Biggest PITA of all the trash mobs in the game, by far.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Man, the final sub mission in the first map is destroying me. It's the one where it's just a boss in a field. Tachibana Muneshige. He's wrecking me left and right. If I take the boat to the next map, can I ever come back and do this mission or do I lose the chance, once I move forward?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Man, the final sub mission in the first map is destroying me. It's the one where it's just a boss in a field. Tachibana Muneshige. He's wrecking me left and right. If I take the boat to the next map, can I ever come back and do this mission or do I lose the chance, once I move forward?

You can come back at will to any point in the game. Even when you go NG+, you can switch between the areas of NG and NG+.

Spoiler of a somewhat cheese way to do him

The rock to the left when you enter the field. Can dodge around it. Also if you use the Kuri thing, you can use the strong attack to pull him. Though don't pull while he is doing a move that charges you, since that won't stun him. Basically just pull him, dodge back and circle around the rock until the next opening, rinse repeat.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
You can come back at will to any point in the game. Even when you go NG+, you can switch between the areas of NG and NG+.

Spoiler of a somewhat cheese way to do him

The rock to the left when you enter the field. Can dodge around it. Also if you use the Kuri thing, you can use the strong attack to pull him. Though don't pull while he is doing a move that charges you, since that won't stun him. Basically just pull him, dodge back and circle around the rock until the next opening, rinse repeat.
Cool, thanks for the info.

Also, I would like to say that the poison mines in this game are worse than the poison area in Dark Souls 1. Why?!

• 1Solidarity

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Also, I would like to say that the poison mines in this game are worse than the poison area in Dark Souls 1. Why?!

once you kill the blobs that produce the poison in each area the poison goes away. bum rush these things, kill them, sprint away to eliminate agro, then youre good.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider

Yeah the poison level is fucking awful.

Another way to cheese that boss if you're a spear user is to simply use its high stance strong attack whenever it's safe to do so. He doesn't have much stamina, and a spear's strong attack staggers him really quickly.

Fedor

<Banned>
The poison level in Nioh isn't a big deal once you understand how to temporarily eliminate the poison and then eventually permanently eliminate it. I hated the poison levels in the soulsbourne games a lot more.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You can also get a headshot on him from the start area and run up for a ground stab. Nice to start out with some damage on him.

But yeah I'm with you, he was one of the harder bosses for sure

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
He was the hardest boss I've fought in any game ever at level 30 or whatever I was. Had to cheese him to death.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I spent a good chunk of my weekend farming shit from big piles of shit so i could achieve a trophy titled shit ball roller. What is wrong with me? (I finally got it though)

I am in the last region, and the game definitely has a hockey stick curve, but in the opposite direction. I feel the first two regions were much harder, especially on the environment side. There is nothing in the later levels that compares to the gravity death hell of the water temple or the poison mines. Not only that but the bosses seam like they are much easier too, but I won't swear on that as it may just be because I'm using a broken as hell combo with the dual swords' spin to win and sloth.

Like that side mission boss mentioned above. Dude is legit hard, as I haven't struggled at all with any of the other ones, like I did him. I ended up beating him after going into the second region, but it was a test of patience. I need to go back to him and see if I can even get a sloth off in time, let alone land one before he dodges it.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Got this game like a week ago and it's my new addiction. So good, but I love the Dark Soul type games to begin with.

Yeah I skipped that Muneshige guy as well. So many times I would have him down to less than 20% health and he would do some shitty one-shot move on me. Got too frustrating so I decided to just go to the second island, which I just finished up this weekend, so I may go back to Muneshige now that I'm higher level.

Wanted to say one of the funner aspects of this game is the random co-op. I love just randomly dropping in on people and helping them out, or watching in frustration/schadenfreude when YOU KNOW THEY ARE ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING STUPID BUT YOU CAN'T WARN THEM. Those are some serious LOL moments. Like those giant boulders that roll down and crush you to death in the desert ruins/temples, or the wheelmonk on the narrow catwalk in the poison mine level that just fucks you up and knocks you down to die in poison. That said, when you do pair up with someone who knows what they are doing it's a good source of amrita and loot, and a good way to restock on elixirs since you end up using far less.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I'm curious to those that finished it. Did it start to just sort of drag for you? I was enjoying this game as much as any Souls/Bloodborne game for the first 20ish hours but now I kind of just want it to end. I've finished all the main, side and twilight missions up to the frog boss and just feel bored with it all and moved on to Nier and Zelda. Game is still awesome and hoping for a sequel, it just doesn't seem to have whatever it is that makes me want to play From games through NG+7 and 100% all the trophies. Also, fuck those bird trash mobs.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
It only dragged because of the shit itemization combined with spammy loot. A lootfest with no loot of interest is nearly a fatal flaw.

The gameplay is as elegant as Souls, imo, so I never found it boring and I made it through ng+. If the inevitable sequel retains the sublime gameplay, features more enemy and level variety and for fucks sake does something about the loot, it'll be a masterpiece.