Nioh (Team Ninja)

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope From takes notice and brings Bloodbourne if this does well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No m/kb support in Nioh PC at all, so any weird people that insist on playing games like Dark Souls that way instead of using a gamepad... fair warning.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
i mouse and boarded my way through Dark Souls, don't you try telling me what is possible and what is not

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ya, I really enjoyed using a controller for this. Im gonna wait a bit before I get the PC version tho. Still working through a back log

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
i mouse and boarded my way through Dark Souls, don't you try telling me what is possible and what is not

Have you played Nioh? The pulse/ki system alone makes my brain hurt on a keyboard, I am all for M&KB most of the time but this game is not one of them.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't finish this game on the PS4 because the mobs became so repetitive that I got bored of the game.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
After burning out on Darksouls 3 mid way I started this up, checking out Tonfa/dual swords this time. They both seem terrible when compared to my original axe run but sticking with it.

Also since I don't have to pump stats for heavy armor I get to try magic and ninjutsu. Still a really good game, kept me up late.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I loved playing Kuri or Dual Swords but its a different play style. Lots dodging and movement with little room for error.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I was always all about the kusarigama. Great weapon type for all ranges.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Little tip on the PC version, you can force AA on the nividia control panel, makes it look better.

As for in game tips
- Pay attention to your accessory skills. When you find an item with "kodama sense" on it, equip it. Always have an item on that gives that. They will show up as little green dots on the minimap when you are close to them. They hide everywhere, so break every box.

- Best way to break boxes and things that block your view (monsters might be behind) is to stand close to them, then press A to dodge backwards. It will break them while going back, not forwards.

- Learn to switch stances. Some bosses are far easier in low stance due to your dodge becomes a skip instead of roll similarly to Bloodborne.

- Remember to turn on the kodama blessing from the shrine menu when you get to a new area. For the most part I usually have the healing blessing active.

- Do all the training missions in the dojo. Some of them are required to unlock skills in your skill tree. IE: After you complete the first mission when you go to Japan, the novice ninja toturial unlocks the ability to backstab in the ninja skill tree.

- You gain familiarity with weapons by having them equipped. Don't need to actually use them. Can also speed this up by using whetstones.

- Don't be afraid to use your spirit skill. They recharge fairly fast. If a boss is giving you trouble, you can kill a few enemies and recharge the skill and use it on the boss. To do that you need to use an item that summons your spirit and amrita back to you since it will be left in the boss room. It will negate damage while being active, but being hit also removes some of its duration. A boss hit can oneshot remove it. Best use is to use a debuff on boss, activate it in its face (staggers enemies when activates) and hit as much as you can.

- Level spirit no matter what build you use. At a minimum to 11. Forget which, but there is a spirit that gives kodama sense, treasure sense and enemy sense. Think that requires 11 or 21 spirit to activate.

- Remember to buy ammo for bow / rifle / hand cannon from the blacksmith before entering a new mission.

- You can respec, so don't worry too much about a build at first. Try out the different weapons.

- You get a lot of consumables. Use them.

- You will get a LOT of armor, weapons and things as well. When at the blacksmith, you can customize your "select", and select everything up to a rarity of your choosing and sell/dismantle in bulk without selecting one item at a time

- When at the blacksmith, occasionally press "Y" for dialogue. Spam it a few times until he repeats statements. Sometimes you get questions that gives you a skill point you can use in a unlock menu with the blacksmith that can lower costs and unlock some new things like customizing the face (hair menu). Sometimes the blacksmith has a ! notification for new dialogue, but you can get it without it as well. I usually try talking to the blacksmith after every main mission.

- When you finish the game, you will get to start over (starting with having opened up the first three areas) with a new difficulty mode. You can select difficulty modes at will. So your not permanently at NG+ or NG++. Can switch down and back up if you want. Think it goes to NG +5? Max level is now 750 with a skill cap of 200 instead of 99 which it was at launch. IE: You can unlock NG+ do a few of the old missions as NG+ then switch back to normal game and do DLC missions.