Nioh (Team Ninja)

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nioh is one of the PS+ games for November too. Pretty sure it's just the base game though.

At this point that is more than enough for folks who have never played it though. It would be a good intro going into Nioh 2, and the season pass is 24 bucks.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
At this point that is more than enough for folks who have never played it though. It would be a good intro going into Nioh 2, and the season pass is 24 bucks.
I bought the GotY or complete edition or whatever and couldn’t get into the post game content. It was such a ridiculous leap in difficulty and item bloat that I just uninstalled after a few hours of struggling to find some enjoyment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The DLC is kind of stupid... and I'm hoping they smooth out the difficulty in the Yokai in 2.

There were difficulty spikes in the non DLC stuff (you really didn't need to do the DLC unless you were chasing trophies) for sure, but I didn't real feel them until after Way of the Demon (NG ++).

Not going to argue with item bloat, but it was actually my favorite part of the game, so it's one of those agree to disagree things for me. But yeah the vanilla content is more than enough to keep people busy. But I have damn near quadruple figures in hours in this game.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Demo/open beta is out (PS4). Not the same as the Alpha earlier this year.

All old weapons are in game + 2 new ones (hand axes, and ... oc something). No idea how long the demo is.

Everything I saw was like Nioh 1 only with more stuff. Skill tree is much larger.
Difficulty = I died promptly against every yokai I encountered. First trash enemies hit hard (1/3rd of my life) as a random attack. A combo was pretty much an instant death. All mobs now seem to have the chargeish attack that the mobs that the dwellers had (when they went down and crawled and tried to jump on you). You even get a special parry to counter that. They get a red glow before they do it. First yokai I encountered almost chain spammed the attack. Miss parry against a yokai at the start was instant death.

I absolutely loved Nioh, so instant buy for me.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Quit putting SDR templates in an HDR spectrum and calling it HDR dumb mother fuckers! Looking at you Nioh 2 demo

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is it? IIRC the Alpha had proper HDR (and there was no mention of it being RDR2-style garbage in the video DF did about it back in June).

(skip to 2:15 for the HDR talk)

I've only gotten to play for about an hour so far, and it was right after I woke up this morning so not only did I get my ass kicked repeatedly by the game (which seems much more difficult than the alpha was), I wasn't paying super close attention to the HDR either.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was getting better color out of SDR similar to RDR2.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Overall loved the demo. The first mission was absolutely amazing. Second mission was kind of ass, but it's because they just dumped every Yokai type they had into the bottom of the cave. Love the new weapons, and expanded skill sets of the previous trees. Bring on the endless loot grind in March!

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Demo this weekend. Game releases in two weeks. Bring it on.

The other day they tweeted their DLC plans. Difficulties will be much smoother and not an instant wall of suck after Demon. They will have some form of Abyss after DLC 2, and are trying to think of two more weapon types to add in.

1582807946202.png

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Preordered! Getting my affairs in order for a full on poop sock of this game. Fucking pumped!

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Kinda completely forgot about this game. Hopefully it’s good, been looking for something to play recently

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The last chance demo showed they really did a great job smoothing out the rough edges from the beta in November. I really think they are going to strike gold twice, but your enjoyment will mostly ride on if you liked the first one or not. It's definitely its own game for sure.

Vorph

Hope you're right. I didn't have time to check out the last chance beta, but still preordered the special edition because I had a $20 Amazon promo and couldn't think of anything else to use it on.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hope you're right. I didn't have time to check out the last chance beta, but still preordered the special edition because I had a $20 Amazon promo and couldn't think of anything else to use it on.

I don't know your tastes so can't comment. I went away from the November beta wondering wtf was going on. I was not all that impressed. But I absolutely loved the demo. The difficulty was just not so cheap feeling. The multiplayer via Tori Gate was VASTLY improved. You can have up to 3 people, you can actually activate the shrines and use them properly, and they refill your items. The only issue I have right now is the magic scaling weapon, the glaive, just doesn't feel very magical as a weapon. I wish they would have made it a skill based weapon and just made dual swords the magic scaling weapon. And confusion felt a tad weak too. I have the edition with the season pass ordered and next Friday cannot come fast enough.

Vorph

I liked Nioh a lot, thought the first Nioh 2 alpha was promising, but the previous beta was a step in the wrong direction. Cheap difficulty, a couple extremely bullshit enemies (the slimes? forgot the other one that annoyed me).

Switch glaive looked pretty good when I watched a couple videos of last weekend's beta. I was planning on starting with it, but no idea what second weapon will pair well with it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm tempted to hold out for PC just not sure I will be able to do that

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Waiting on PC release, weird they didn't go with a simultaneous release, thought the first game did really well on PC. There's not even a date for it. I guess exclusive rights or whatever, fucking sucks.