No better shows have ever existed than Seinfeld or X-files.

kudos

<Banned>
What don't you slack jawed faggots like about my opinion? The fact that I liked the first four seasons of Lost (actually three now that I've though about it)? Or the fact that I can admit a show had good writing at one point even if it was written for chicks?
You watched Grey's Anatomy alone with no woman promising even a handjob after.

And you're calling US faggots?

MLi7iSG.gif

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
What don't you slack jawed faggots like about my opinion? The fact that I liked the first four seasons of Lost (actually three now that I've though about it)? Or the fact that I can admit a show had good writing at one point even if it was written for chicks?
Yes, both of those. Combined with the fact that your opinion is wrong.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its too bad the Lost thread from the foh board no longer exists because id love to see how many people were still fawning over this show into season 6 who are now saying it was a terrible show. it had 5 solid seasons. the fifth season ending was like a true series finale. season 6 was like an epilogue a horrible horrible epilogue. i for one loved those first 5. it kept me and many others here guessing. sure it sucks that we never got answers to many of the mysteries because lindelof, but it sure was fun talking about them every week. the real burn is season 6. if they just ended it at season 5 we would have lauded that show as one of the best things since sliced bread.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Lost was an awful show that lost all semblance of story telling by 2nd season. The only reason it dragged out for 5 more seasons is that the writing had changed to - "lets just create even more questions with each episode and forget about the ones we created 3 episodes ago"

Salshun_sl

shitlord
The monologue to the intro of X-Files "Memento Mori" is the best writing in the history of television. I will hear no arguments.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well you bluntly said LOST was great television : reactions are expected. LOST was never great, the first season was decent as a stand alone but as soon as we knew the writers didn't have a single clue about script writing, applied continuity or basically writing 101, shit hits the fan quickly. The problem with LOST writing is that characters are defined with tedious flashbacks, and these flashbacks are here to justify their actions. But most of their actions in the island make no sense at all : people getting mad over little things, losing their shit about humain interactions while they didn't really care about time travel, smoke monsters, giant statues, island being magic and shit. I can't seem to find it again but some LOST fans, who got upset with LOST finale, made a list of all the things not explained in LOST, there were like 40 entries.

LOST writers tried too hard making a tv show with some abnormal shit happening to "normal" people then didn't explain anything "because it's electro-magic motherfuckers, we don't have to explain shit". Also Damon Lindelof, LOST main writer, after polluting television, is now writing for Hollywood.Dogs don't make catsI would say : he wrote such masterpieces like Cowboys and Aliens and Prometheus. I'm gonna type it again : Prometheus. The same shitty-bigot-clueless-amateur writing he did with LOST, he's now doing it again in our once beloved movies. The same way your eyes rolled during Prometheus in the briefing when people are asking the chick how do you know that shit with the planets is true and she answers "because that's what I choose to believe" is the same way your eyes rolled when in LOST finale you learned they were dead all along. All along. Hahaha.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The same way your eyes rolled during Prometheus in the briefing when people are asking the chick how do you know that shit with the planets is true and she answers "because that's what I choose to believe" is the same way your eyes rolled when in LOST finale you learned they were dead all along. All along. Hahaha.
The line isn't preposterous. Columbus discovered America because he chose to believe that he would reach India by sailing West.

In the movie specifically, that line is part of developing Shaw's character. She's a scientist but she's religious (ties into questions of faith) and that's also a line that her father says in a flashback when they discuss what happens when you die.

You're wrong on this one, buddy.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The line isn't preposterous. Columbus discovered America because he chose to believe that he would reach India by sailing West.

In the movie specifically, that line is part of developing Shaw's character. She's a scientist but she's religious (ties into questions of faith) and that's also a line that her father says in a flashback when they discuss what happens when you die.

I understand that line is part of Shaw's character development, the problem to me is the religion theme feels out of place in Prometheus and I'm gonna explain why, in my opinion. I do understand Weyland is dying and when someone shows up and tells stuff about discovering the origin of humanity / who made humans, he's like "bitch let's roll, I'm gonna sponsor your joint !" because he sees a way to deceive Death. But to me, the religion theme comes from Lindelof and the line feels very poorly placed, it's like "no explanations needed, Jesus is on board guys".

I would have liked real explanations, because then why would we get a map to visit the Engineers secret biochem weapons bunker ? See where I'm going ? There is no concrete explanation about the "map", we don't know how and why some civilizations had it and just when questions are raised : "because that's what I choose to believe". The line feels like a giant placeholder for future explanations, exactly like Lindelof did with LOST finale "it's magic and I ain't gonna explain shit". To me it's poor writing, if you wanna talk about religion, then don't use it as a excuse to your mediocrity.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>

I read this post without looking at the user name. Was not disappointed nor surprised once I did though.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I understand that line is part of Shaw's character development, the problem to me is the religion theme feels out of place in Prometheus and I'm gonna explain why, in my opinion. I do understand Weyland is dying and when someone shows up and tells stuff about discovering the origin of humanity / who made humans, he's like "bitch let's roll, I'm gonna sponsor your joint !" because he sees a way to deceive Death. But to me, the religion theme comes from Lindelof and the line feels very poorly placed, it's like "no explanations needed, Jesus is on board guys".

I would have liked real explanations, because then why would we get a map to visit the Engineers secret biochem weapons bunker ? See where I'm going ? There is no concrete explanation about the "map", we don't know how and why some civilizations had it and just when questions are raised : "because that's what I choose to believe". The line feels like a giant placeholder for future explanations, exactly like Lindelof did with LOST finale "it's magic and I ain't gonna explain shit". To me it's poor writing, if you wanna talk about religion, then don't use it as a excuse to your mediocrity.
STOP! Just right now. Stop.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I never found Seinfeld the show to be more than passingly funny. The man himself irritates the shit out of me. Something about him is like having a bad tag on a shirt - you can't quite find it and it pokes you every time you stop thinking about it. Arrested Development was better hands down, imo.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
"Jesus is on board"? What are you even talking about? The religion theme is not out of place in Prometheus at all, its completely integral to the movie. I think the problem is that you dont understand the movie, you're watching this movie as a pure exercise in sci-fi, whereas in reality "Prometheus" is not a movie about science, its a movie about origin of humanity and there's nothing more fundamentally involved in the debate of origin of humanity than religion and science. Omitting religion out of "Prometheus" would have been ridiculous.

What is a "real explanation"?

Maps are thousands of year old, what if they werent biochem bunkers when the maps were given to human civilizations?

No I dont see where you're going at all, I dont think even you know where you're going

Why should there be a concrete explanation about an artifact that is thousands of years old? Was there a concrete explanation for the antikythera mechanism for 100 years? The Voinych manuscript? Or hundreds of other artifacts or natural phenomena in human history?

The "I choose to believe" answer was in reference to the contention that Engineers engineered humans, not to the map questions. There's no concrete proof that they engineered us but there is supposedly evidence pointing to it. If Galileo told you early on that he believes that earth revolves around the sun before he invented the telescope, is it total bullshit?

Let's face it, this movie isn't for you. You don't seem to understand Ridley Scott's intent for making this movie, for the questions it wants to tackle, what you essentially want is a Nova special that 100% scientifically accurate and answers every single question that it poses, also PEW-PEW AND XENOMORPHS

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm sorry if my opinion about Prometheus displeased you, I didn't know you were a fan of both the movie and Ridley Scott's latest work. I've read your post and while your fashion is a bit derogative I do understood your point of view. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Come back, I want to discuss Prometheus some more.

What was your favorite part of Prometheus?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Galileo believed the earth orbited the sun based off a theory that was already 100+ years old and his "proof" was an incorrect theory on how tides work. Not sure what point is trying to be made there.

But back to the original topic of tv shows. Lost was just a bunch of crazy things the writers came up with on the fly. It was "good" because everyone thought there was some great master plan that would bring everything together. You can argue that it was good because, while it was on, there were a lot of people who were really interested in figuring the whole thing out and dissected every scene looking for clues. The fact that the whole thing was a lie and just pulled out of their asses each episode really hurts its place historically.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
There are three words that decisively squash the idea that the LOST writers knew what they were doing and had everything mapped out = NIKKI AND PAULO

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I've never seen an episode of Grey's Anatomy - that's the one with the asian tranny who got hit in the face with a shovel, right?

I'm almost through s3 of The Wire and I'd sure as hell put it in any top 5.

Go watch Cheers.