No Man's Sky

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been following this game for a while. I hope the ability to group up becomes a little more prevalent.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You can't group up at all in it as far as I can tell.

Two people met up at the same space station and couldn't see one another at all.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
You can get the ship anytime and transfer your crap. Same as when you but a new one.

Options, far right tab near bottom.

Extra slot, comes with phased energy weapon and maybe something else. Not bad

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You can get the ship anytime and transfer your crap. Same as when you but a new one.

Options, far right tab near bottom.

Extra slot, comes with phased energy weapon and maybe something else. Not bad

Yeah I started last night before I got the code, and then the game wouldn't recognize the installed DLC pack until after I restarted like 3 or 4 times.

But thanks for pointing this out for anyone else that might be wondering.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You need to train them.

A Mancave sign is posted above the theater area as one walks downstairs. Anytime I come down, they vacate. Don't let kids run your household. You wear the pants. And it starts with "I pay the bills. You don't. This is my playground, you can use it, but when I show up, the king gets his spot back at all times" They also now charge my controller for the PS4 to make sure it is fully charged 2 hours before I get home from work.
Yet you complained when I tell my son to get off the PS4 for dinner during a Destiny raid with you!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Well, balls.

It sucks pretty bad.

It should be priority #1 after they add basebuilding.

But doubt it'll ever be in, tbh.

Same problem with Subnautica. That game is fucking amazing in so many ways, so many people won't try it because a survival game without co-op or mp just sounds wrong/boring to them.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I feel it.... I'm going to give in and buy this. I let myself be consumed by the hype, then let down but after reading the patch notes and hearing what you guys have to say about it, it sounds promising! I just wish it wasn't $60. Plus, I need a game I can play around my 3 year old. My backlog of games will continue to grow.

Solariss

Golden Squire
I've been watching a bit on Twitch today... I'd always wanted Destiny to have a similar space flight with seamless entry to a planet. This game looks cool for about an hour, but I don't know if it's deep enough to hold my attention. I'd probably pick it up if they release a VR patch or something though..

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
So pretty cool so far. I think the target market for the game is going to be very happy. Game play consists of gathering to craft and sell for money, exploring for blueprints (upgrades / new items) / resources / language and some combat. Combat can be anything from battling the bots on the surface to pirates in space.

You primarily have 3 things you are upgrading. Ship and its parts, suit and it's parts and your multi tool. All of them have an inventory which can be used to either store things, use the spots for new items (think phasers, shields, torpeados etc) or upgrades. The slots are universal, you use them how you want. So you can load up and go balls deep for space combat with triple shield upgrades and weapons but you might not have much room for ship inventory. Same holds true for your own personal inventory. You can upgrade your environmental shields, jet pack, run speed etc in the same fashion.

The game does a pretty good job of introducing you to things but it doesn't really hand hold you all that much. It will guide you towards creating your warp core but all in all you are pretty much on your own figuring stuff out. As an example, I was supposed to create Anitmatter to use in the warp core. I had already visited the guy that gives the plans but because I hadn't actually created a pre requisite step first he didn't give me the antimatter plans. Thus I was stuck and didn't know where to go. Ultimately i figured it out but you can kind of fuck yourself so pay attention at the start. You aren't likely to revisit places you've already been and the world is VAST so if you miss that "factory" on Plant A and you say "well shit let me look at the 4 other plants in the system, you might be at it awhile before you figure out what happened.

I kind of like how you are free to do whatever the fuck you want. Reminds me a bit of Eve, although more simplistic without the player interaction. I haven't had to go back to my corpse to loot my shit in a long time either which was kind of interesting. Got blasted by some pirates in a system that was very militaristic and violent. Looked at my inventory and said "fuck where is my shit!?" then saw on the bottom of the screen "Return to your grave for your gear". Brought a small smile to my face.

Anyway, the game is very explorer / crafting driven. What they have here is pretty well done. I can't even imagine what they may build this into (I'm sure it will be a new title). I bet if they added real player interaction, building stuff in space and on the ground people would lose their shit in excitement. The bones here are quite good.

• 1Like

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Some stuff I wish they'd add / change:

Default run speed is way to slow. Should be the run speed at default. The fucking planets are massive.

Planetary map is necessary. I'm flying a space shit capable of mapping the galaxy, i should be able to do a fly by on the planet and get a map showing where Iv'e been and where I want to go. Even if you unlock a few of the map sections through exploration or hitting those machines you hack to show you were things are. Don't care, just want a map.

Same thought as above for the system map.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm annoyed all the planets have the same gravity so far. How hard is it vary it? Games have been doing it for decades now.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Agree with everything Ked said except I'm okay with the walk/run speed. It is slow and methodical, but I think they did that for a reason.

Great posts though, Ked.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'm annoyed all the planets have the same gravity so far. How hard is it vary it? Games have been doing it for decades now.

Good point

One other thing is Physics. I want to be able to cut down some of these big formations of shit at the base, have it come crashing down and break, right into my inventory. Having stuff remain floating with no base is pretty shitty.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Getting attacked by pirates a lot now that I am carrying around some rare upgrade materials.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Played for a few hours on PS4, the limited edition is absolutely gorgeous and comes in a faux book, the steelbook is really well done as well. Artbook is too small to really call it an art book, more like a little... playbill?

Game is definitely fun to chill out with, just basically gathering shit and crafting. Its fun in small spurts but I was already a bit bored after 3 hours and probably will wait a few days before playing again. Crashed once on me on PS4.

I'll probably double dip on PC when it drops below $30 and/or supports VR. I think with VR support it'll be really cool, and no real reason it shouldn't get it. 7/10 game for me, it got hyped up way too much for being what it basically is: an indie solo space exploration game.

Honestly its probably more fun watching someone else on twitch than actually playing, since moving is slow and everything is so huge. I can't really imagine "spoiling" the game by watching someone else, the story is thin as a tissue.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Like Lenas said, as you move deeper towards the center of the galaxy and are carrying around more rare shit, more action picks up.

It is a very slow burn.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Run speed tip: I was just watching a stream and if you sprint, melee then jetpack you can increase speed.