No Man's Sky

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
So much potential, but everything essentially looks the same, and it's becoming boring unfortunately.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
What I did last night was take 2 hours mining Emeril and Heridium. I found a planet with towers of the stuff everywhere. Back at the Space Station, the auction was buying it for 99% over galaxy price. Hah. I made about 1.4 million units in 2 hours, and purchased the 24 slot ship. All I do is sit in the Space Station and wait for a ship. Saw one with 45 slots for 3.5 million. So I could probably have the best ship in the game within about 4-5 hours of mining. I am guessing that is all random too, as well as the asking price for those ships.

Oh, one cool thing I saw... when I was mining this stuff I build my own cave. It was a hot planet, so I would get heat warnings. I would dive into a cubby I made, and it would normalize the temperature :) So that was pretty cool actually.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There is a new experimental patch on Steam. Looks like the performance issues were mostly resolved, just make sure you get the new nVidia drivers to go with that came out yesterday.
It's still pretty obviously rendering the game at something like 720p and then upscaling it (anyone wondering why the game is so blurry and has horrible AA, this is why), and even then it's dropping to sub-30 fps often for me. This port has managed to make even Dark Souls 1 look well done by comparison.

You can sort of fix the rendering by using AMD VSR/Nvidia DSR but I hope you have a GTX1080 if you try....

Edit: apparently there's a second experimental patch today, have not tried that one yet.
Edit2: Also have not tried this yet: http://nomansskymods.com/mods/internal-resolution-multipliers-pak/ to see how performance compares to VSR.

Last edited:

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea that's what I was referring to. Grab that and the new drivers if you use a nvidia card, and don't use SSAA.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Is the PS4 version upscaled as well? Please tell me it is...
These are the data mined ps4 settings

<Property name="FullScreen" value="true" />
<Property name="Borderless" value="false" />
<Property name="Monitor" value="0" />
<Property name="UseScreenResolution" value="true" />
<Property name="ResolutionWidth" value="1920" />
<Property name="ResolutionHeight" value="1077" />
<Property name="VSync" value="true" />
<Property name="GSync" value="false" />
<Property name="ShadowDetail" value="Ultra" />
<Property name="TextureDetail" value="High" />
<Property name="GenerationDetail" value="Normal" />
<Property name="ReflectionsQuality" value="Normal" />
<Property name="AntiAliasing" value="FXAA" />
<Property name="AnisotropyLevel" value="13" />
<Property name="FoVOnFoot" value="75.000000" />
<Property name="FoVInShip" value="75.000000" />
<Property name="Brightness" value="128" />
<Property name="MaxframeRate" value="30" />
<Property name="NoHudMode" value="false" />

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Game is fun but I did a long marathon last weekend and have to take a break. It's fun in smaller doses. There is a ton of potential, whether or not they patch it and continually improve it remains to be seen. I like it. It's going to eat up a lot of my time. The biggest letdown for me, are the huge bugs. They really needed to improve upon that. You just know some management fuckstick was screaming "SHIP IT!" while QA was being shit on left and right.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
But there is a game there. It is fairly barebones at this point, but they've promised apparently all future updates for free, so its also a backbone around which there will be future growth.

Good Ol' Sean Murray has already gone back on his Free DLC comments. Saying now that he would like to release them for free, but hasn't ruled out paid DLC content.
Seriously, someone at that company needs to hit him in the head with a bat and put him in a closet before his mouth ruins more shit.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
^ it's a 20 man team that didn't hire a full QA crew until launch basically

• 1Like

Mao

Trakanon Raider
I've found the game interesting. Though I wouldn't call it fun. It eats up time as I keep looking from spot to spot trying to find the next upgrade or Gek word or whatever. But, it bugs me that I keep seeing things and going "Wouldn't it be cool if....". Seeing a bunch of spaceships in a convoy was awesome. Till I flew up to them and couldn't find a way to interact with them at all.

The game is decent. At 30 or 40 dollars I would buy it just for the novelty and the occasional sessions of exploration between other games.

But, I have a big problem with Hello Games at the moment. They (Sean Murray) were pretty much evasive in all the press I saw leading up to release and it really bugs me and I feel the shouldn't be rewarded for that behavior. Lastly, I worry about longevity without some sort of multiplayer. Just looking at the funny landscapes is interesting, but it really isn't compelling.

• 1Solidarity

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Haven't had a chance to keep tabs on this thread. Been trying to get into this game, but I'm in a fucked up situation and I think the game is trolling me:

I landed on a planet, where there was a location of an alien ruin already showing on my map. From where I landed it was about a 37min run according to the onscreen waypoint. Sounded good, I was up for doing some resource gather/exploring anyway.

I start running towards it, with a couple of stops along the way. I eventually get there, all is well. As I checkout the nearby area, I turn around to head back to my ship, and notice the run time back to the ship is 1hr. Seems strange, I didn't think I wandered that far, but oh well guess I better get a move on.

I start running back towards the ship, make a couple of stops along the way, but the route is fairly direct. Suddenly, the timer to the ship increased to 2hr! WTF!

At this point I'm think there is some kind of bug, but just incase it was some weird rounding error or something like that, I keep working my way back. This time not deviating from the path at all. Suddenly, as I'm making my way back, headed dead straight towards the ship's onscreen waypoint the timer goes up to 3 Hours!! I don't know WTF to do now, running around was a bit boring anyway, and I'm pretty much ready to throw in the towel since it seems like I'm stranded in an infinite wasteland.

Am I missing something here?!

xzi

Mouthbreather
Same, running on a 770. Installing the latest nvidia drivers to see if it impacts my performance but apparently with our old ass card we lucked out.

I'll be ordering a 1080 by christmas so hopefully whatever highend issues people were having is completely solved by then lmao.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Not going to go through 40 pages of posts to see if this has been posted, but I found this review to be quite informative:

As it stands, there's no way I would pay full price for it, especially since I may or may not have the patience to play it long enough for it to become fun (20 hours, according tot the above reviewer). Love the concept, but it seems more like an experiment from which a more balanced and fine-tuned sequel can spawn.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 1 users