No Man's Sky

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Did any of these retard "journalist" at any stage of this game's development ask for any amount of proof? Or did they all just sit there and act like aspie retards like Sean Murray during their q&a?

Its like Sean could of pissed in a dirty mop bucket right in front of them and said it was the cure for cancer and these fucktard journalists would believe him.

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
This has been such a glorious shitshow. Maybe this'll lern em'.

house-biscuit-e1442478632859.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why would I let one game which was obviously marketed with smoke & mirrors from day 1 stop me from pre-ordering all the other good games made by established studios that haven't done anything to make me doubt them? I'm not cancelling my Persona 5 pre-order because Sean Murray is a lying sack of shit and a bunch of "I Want To Believe" people ate it up.

• 1Solidarity

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I pre-order/kickstart plenty of games and can't think of one I've been burned on, most turn out to be exactly what I expected or better. It's just about knowing what you want and paying attention to everything. The closest is probably the newest Sherlock Holmes game which I pre-ordered, worse than the previous one but it's still Holmes so I'll abide.

And to be fair to those journalists, they DID show a lot of proof in videos... of things they kept taking out.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Why would I let one game which was obviously marketed with smoke & mirrors from day 1 stop me from pre-ordering all the other good games made by established studios that haven't done anything to make me doubt them? I'm not cancelling my Persona 5 pre-order because Sean Murray is a lying sack of shit and a bunch of "I Want To Believe" people ate it up.

"I want to believe" people eating it up is a lot different than the blatant false marketing. I do not blame the consumers.

Also, pre-ordering is pointless in my opinion. I can get all the day one bonuses by going to best buy and buying the game for $47.99 with gamers club same day, and have not been denied the preorder bonuses ever. I also get to see the first few first hours of initial impressions from actual gamers, and watch the twitch if the things have been embargoed.

Preordering is absolutely pointless in all aspects of life and it needs to die.

Vorph

No Best Buy close to me anymore, they've shut down way too many of them for that. I'd still probably buy from Amazon anyway, no reason get a second discount program when I already have Prime.

Pre-ordering from Amazon doesn't cost a thing, and it guarantees me the lowest price between the time it's announced and release day. Granted with console games the "lowest price" is usually 59.95 instead of 59.99 before Prime's -20% but every once in a while something will actually drop a few bucks. If a game looks great when first shown, then warning bells start going off later on--Horizon: Zero Dawn immediately comes to mind here--I can cancel it before release and I'm out nothing. It's not like Gamestop where you have to pester the shit out of them to get your deposit back. Not to mention, sometimes the preorder first edition comes with extra stuff and sells out long before release day even when it's the same price as the regular edition. Happens often with Atlus' stuff, and I expect that you won't be able to get the steelbook edition of P5 if you don't preorder soon.

As for the "I Want To Believe" thing, I know you can't really blame people for what Hello Games said, but goddamn. Some of that stuff was just unrealistic to a batshit insane degree. You don't need to be a full-on cynic like I am, but people need to have at least a little bit of skepticism when some tiny-ass indie studio starts promising shit that no AAA studio a hundred times larger has ever attempted.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I would agree fully on your last paragraph, but when you see it happening live on the screen in streams and demonstrations, it's hard to have skepticism that the entire thing is a sham and they aren't showing the real product.

Vorph

Yeah, I was referring more to the anecdotes Murray and others told about the things their staff supposedly did while playing it. And to your point, I have to wonder how much more of the game they would have gotten finished if they'd spent less time mocking up fakes to fool the press.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I also get to see the first few first hours of initial impressions from actual gamers, and watch the twitch if the things have been embargoed.

Hey guess who puts all those first few hours of initial impressions out there for people who don't pre-order...
The fucking people who pre-order, dumbass.
[/spoiler[

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Even if the game included all the content that was promised, the pre-release footage I saw looked like the most mundane, repetitive garbage ever. I seem to recall that most people had similar sentiments about the fun being short-lived. Also, the first thing he said about multiplayer was that your chances of encountering another player are infinitesimal. He may have backtracked later on, but that should have been the first clue.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

Did any of these retard "journalist" at any stage of this game's development ask for any amount of proof? Or did they all just sit there and act like aspie retards like Sean Murray during their q&a?

Its like Sean could of pissed in a dirty mop bucket right in front of them and said it was the cure for cancer and these fucktard journalists would believe him.
The game he thought he was making sure sounds cool.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Hey guess who puts all those first few hours of initial impressions out there for people who don't pre-order...
The fucking people who pre-order, dumbass.
[/spoiler[

Bullshit. Anyone with early access and twitching it usually has some type of media permissions to do so and is paid to hype it for the company. So my point stands. Wait until release day, find a twitch gamer with 5 views who is an actual gamer and couldn't careless about how many followers they get, and watch the game being played.

Twitch and large conglomerate sponsored streamers are a disease. I cannot believe anyone gives these morons money to watch them play games and get an icon next to their name.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
That dude playing the game on release day with the five views still probably preordered.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Got to the center of the galaxy and moved on to another game. Far from perfect, but it was relaxing to play in a zen sort of way and for 50ish hours played, I feel I got my money's worth. Understand the hate and the anger at the pie in the sky claims, but if you are not half as jaded as Ut is, then you have not been playing games for very long anyhow. The game did what I wanted it to do for me.

And honestly, I listen to this board more than any other source of gaming information. So if I were to be pissed at anyone it would be the guys who go apeshit over early hype of a game. Street Fighter 5, Destiny, and Diablo 3 spring to mind......

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I tend to get more pissed at developers who completely mislead the public, and then vanish because they are con artists.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Bullshit. Anyone with early access and twitching it usually has some type of media permissions to do so and is paid to hype it for the company. So my point stands. Wait until release day, find a twitch gamer with 5 views who is an actual gamer and couldn't careless about how many followers they get, and watch the game being played.

Twitch and large conglomerate sponsored streamers are a disease. I cannot believe anyone gives these morons money to watch them play games and get an icon next to their name.
they arent even paid hype, they just get paid really by viewers, if they get a game early and are allowed to stream, thats better for the persons stream. companies dont pay them shit.