No Man's Sky

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They've already said base building and freighters are coming in a patch.

I think they'll probably expand on the gameplay at least once or twice for free before starting to look at developing paid dlc or an expansion.

Sean Murray stated there won't be paid for DLC. Let's see how long that lasts :) It is supposed to be free updates continually until they launch NMS2 or whatever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Cool to see a company doing free updates, just hope they add female aliens

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droelm

Molten Core Raider
2. Can you back track to your previously visited systems? I tried to manually do it but thats like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Ditto, It is driving me crazy trying to figure out how to backtrack to my original system. I have spent too much time already manually searching with the hyperspace map to no avail. Should never have left it until I got near 100% completion with it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I was gonna pick this up today but have read here some having issues with the PC version. Is this something that effects everyone across the board or just a few?

I really want to play. :(

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Also forgot the most important quote from my link
PS: Big surprise, no mentions of Multiplayer could be found so far in any of the files or folders.
Yeah cause the game is single player. Says so on the box. Also doesn't require PS+ which all multiplayer games do... Writing is on the wall.

I was gonna pick this up today but have read here some having issues with the PC version. Is this something that effects everyone across the board or just a few?

Ran like shit for me at first but tweaking some settings and changing one or two things in an .ini file has it mostly playable. GTX 660, 8gb ram, i5-4670K.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah cause the game is single player. Says so on the box. Also doesn't require PS+ which all multiplayer games do... Writing is on the wall.

Ran like shit for me at first but tweaking some settings and changing one or two things in an .ini file has it mostly playable. GTX 660, 8gb ram, i5-4670K.

Okay I have a 760 I think and 16gb ram so that makes me feel better. Thanks!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

I really want to play. :(

Seems to be mostly an issue with older chipsets.

Honestly, you could download a GOG torrent of the game DRM free just to see if it works before purchasing if you really wanted.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't usually suggest that but yeah considering the technical troubles this game has had, you should probably that first.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also some guy wiresharked his connection and no player data is ever transmitted except for discoveries.

Also when you pause the game everything is paused including creatures moving.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I don't usually suggest that but yeah considering the technical troubles this game has had, you should probably that first.

I usually don't either, but in this case due to its price, its extreme niche-ness and the fact that many older hardware setups are having difficulties I'd feel bad not suggesting it, tbh.

Ladro

Anomaly
Well shit, i may have fucked myself. Found a ship with 25 slots, swapped over and proceeded to upgrade only to discover I need Zinc and there seems to be zero on the planet I'm on.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Well shit, i may have fucked myself. Found a ship with 25 slots, swapped over and proceeded to upgrade only to discover I need Zinc and there seems to be zero on the planet I'm on.

Try buying some from a vendor on the planet.