No Rest For The Wicked - A Souls Like ARPG

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Strong disagree here.

I’ve used Steam’s refund policy many, many times over the past few years. They basically let you demo any game you want and return it if you aren’t completely satisfied. Compared to other platforms I think most if not all you’re only getting a refund if the game is completely broken.
"Compared to other shit sandwiches in the business we allow ourselves to eat, at least this one has some pepper on it!"

That's my entire point. Nobody ever said they NEVER use Steam's refund policy. Despite that, it's still ass, just like I said. Something being "least bad" doesn't automatically make it good by default.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
"Compared to other shit sandwiches in the business we allow ourselves to eat, at least this one has some pepper on it!"

That's my entire point. Nobody ever said they NEVER use Steam's refund policy. Despite that, it's still ass, just like I said. Something being "least bad" doesn't automatically make it good by default.
It’s good, stfu

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
If I buy it at the 31$ EA streamer code price, can I just not DL and wait for full release or does it not work like that?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If I buy it at the 31$ EA streamer code price, can I just not DL and wait for full release or does it not work like that?
It works like that. Buy it and add it to your account and it’s yours to install when you want.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So I'm running multiple characters in the same Realm so as to share progress for buildings and try out different specs.

Faith/Strength 'cleric' type -- very middle-of-the-road and decent at a variety of things. Use focus mainly for healing self.

Strength 'heavy tank' type using a sword and huge shield. Started as a berserker using the yellow two-handed from the intro boss, but that's just too fucking slow when fighting monsters that bounce around like mad. He really can't be hurt too bad if I block, but he also takes forever to kill things

Int/Focus 'mage' type -- switches between two weapons to gain near max focus between battles (focus for health-heal-repeat) and does ludicrous damage with basic fireball. Will get wrecked if he gets hit but his whole deal is nuking from orbit so that should never happen.

Clearly when the game implements multiplayer this is gonna be amazing.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So for an EA, this game -feels- huge. Too bad I suck at its combat right now, but haven't found a weapon I like, or as good as a Claymore.

The resource gathering / crafting, atm, is disappointing. I would increase the yield from gathering x10.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The soundtrack for Diablo 4 works really well with this game, I was surprised.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So for an EA, this game -feels- huge. Too bad I suck at its combat right now, but haven't found a weapon I like, or as good as a Claymore.

The resource gathering / crafting, atm, is disappointing. I would increase the yield from gathering x10.
Claymore works well for enemies that can be easily punished with a charge attack as they walk up to you, but unless you're a god at parrying there's just too much stuff (bosses in particular) where it's just about unusable.

Dual daggers in main slot, swap to blood-rusted sword (with runes like heal/repair/focus gen on it)+bow in the other is my favorite setup.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Game looks pretty good but not sure what exactly makes it an ARPG? Looks like an isometric Souls like but doesn't really remind me of any ARPG

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Game looks pretty good but not sure what exactly makes it an ARPG? Looks like an isometric Souls like but doesn't really remind me of any ARPG
It is the game play loop at the end. Currently there is only one dungeon/rift/echo that you repeat. It turns into a gear grind just like all ARPGs. Just rinse and repeat.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whats with the gorilla arms in this game? Intentional or just people not knowing how humans look like?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whats with the gorilla arms in this game? Intentional or just people not knowing how humans look like?
It's how the male cerim looks, the other nocs have smaller firearms. The female cerim has thick thighs and a big ass, but smaller arms.

Game is pretty resource grinding heavy for sorta casual playing, imo.

• 1Like

Caliane

you mean diablo like?

Arpg actually predates diablo. Zelda was marketed as an action rpg.
as a larger term ARPG can mean ANY real time directly controlled rpg. not menu based. not turnbased.

secret of mana was an action rpg. most first person/third person ones could be called that too, like fallout 3/4, skyrim, etc.
something like baldurs gate wouldn't really be called that, since you use skills via menus, not "press a to attack"
virising is an arpg. minecraft. lol is an arpg.

yes, diablo-likes kind of took over the term.
if thats what you mean, then they did suggest there would be an end game farming system.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
My all time favorite game is Zelda: Link To The Past and this game scratches that same itch for me. No Rest might become my personal GOAT once complete.

I have 64 hours played and I will likely have 100 hours by this time next week. The different builds with weapons and gear feel almost endless. Almost all my complaints are quality of life issues and it appears Moon Studios is addressing all those issues at a rapid pace.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So tried a Dex build after getting a yellow bow and man it is sooo much easier than the others I've tried. One handed dagger to build focus and then bow to use it. Anything dangerous I just burn focus potions and shoot it ala Mage but much faster and with much greater survivability. I'm now putting points into Load so I can wear heavier armor and thus avoid getting one-shot.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Found this list to be useful, so I thought I should share it...

EDIT: Quoted for size.

No Rest for the Wicked Gems List​

Chipped Diamond​

• On Any Socket: Gain additional Experience but lose EXP on death

Tiny Feather​

• On Any Socket: Decreases Item’s Weight by 9-30

Chipped Shield Emblem​

• On Weapon Sockets: Increase Durability by 7-25%

Chipped Spike​

• On Weapon Sockets: Increase Damage by 4-15%
  • On Shield Sockets: Deal 1-2 Damage on Successful Blocks
  • On Gloves Sockets: Deal 9-30 Damage on Successful Parries
  • On Chest Sockets: Deal 1-2 Damage when Taking Damage

Chipped Topaz​

• On Weapon Sockets: Gain 1-3% Focus When Dealing Damage
  • On Shield Sockets: Gain 3-10% Focus When Successfully Blocking Attacks
  • On Helmet Sockets: Increase Focus by 6-20%
  • On Chest Sockets: Increase Focus by 7-25%
  • On Gloves Sockets: Gain 6-20% Focus on Successful Parries

Chipped Blood Stone​

• On Weapon Sockets – Gain 3-10% HP on Kill
  • On Shield Sockets – Gain 1-3% HP on Successful Blocks
  • On Helmet Sockets – Increase Healing Effects by 15-30%
  • On Chest Sockets – Increase HP by 7-15%
  • On Leg Sockets – Gain 1-2% HP when Using Focus
  • On Gloves Sockets – Gain 6-20% HP on Successful Parries

Chipped Emerald​

• On Weapon Sockets: Gain 1-3% Stamina When Dealing Damage
  • On Shield Sockets: Gain 15 Stamina on Successful Blocks
  • On Helmet Sockets: Decrease Attack Stamina Cost by 7-25%
  • On Chest Sockets: Increase Stamina by 5-15
  • On Legs Sockets: Increase Stamina Regeneration by 4-15%
  • On Gloves Sockets: Refills Stamina on Successful Parries

Chipped Quartz​

• On Weapon Sockets: Deal 4-15% Extra Electric Damage When Attacking
  • On Shield Sockets: Deal 1-2 Electric Damage on Successful Blocks
  • On Helmet Sockets: Regenerate Focus
  • On Chest Sockets: Increase Focus by 7-25%
  • On Legs Sockets: Increase Electric Resistance by 10-25
  • On Gloves Sockets: Deal 9-30 Electric Damage on Successful Parries

Chipped Sapphire​

• On Weapon Sockets: Deal 4-15% Extra Cold Damage When Attacking
  • On Shield Sockets: Deal 1-2 Cold Damage on Successful Blocks
  • On Helmet Sockets: Increase Cold Potency by 10-25
  • On Chest Sockets: Increase Cold Resistance by 10-25
  • On Legs Sockets: Increase Cold Resistance by 10-25
  • On Gloves Sockets: Deals 9-30 Cold Damage on Successful Parries

Chipped Ruby​

• On Weapon Sockets: Deal 4-15% Extra Heat Damage when Attacking
  • On Shield Sockets: Deal 1-2 Heat Damage on Successful Blocks
  • On Helmet Sockets: Increase Healing Effects by 15-30%
  • On Chest Sockets: Increase Health by 7-15%
  • On Legs Sockets: Increase Heat Resistance by 10-25
  • On Gloves Sockets: Gain 6-20% Health on Successful Parries

Chipped Amethyst​

• On Weapon Sockets: Deal 4-15% Extra Plague Damage when Attacking
  • On Shield Sockets: Deak 1-2 Plague Damage on Successful Blocks
  • On Helmet Sockets: Deal 3-10 Plague Damage on Successful Backstabs
  • On Chest Sockets: Deal 1-2 Plague Damage when Taking Damage
  • On Legs Sockets: Increase Plague resistance by 10-25
  • On Gloves Sockets: Deal 5-15 Plague Damage on Successful Parries

Best Gems per Piece​

If you aren’t sure yet what gems to slot or not doing your build, some players have already established which would go well with specific pieces. You don’t need to follow this list strictly, but these are already tried and tested builds. Here are the best gems to slot per gear:

Weapons​

• Chipped Ruby
  • Chipped Quartz

Chests​

• Chipped Ruby

Helmet​

• Chipped Ruby

Leg​

• Chipped Amethyst
For Shields and Gloves, you should focus on gems that best fit your current build. Gloves have element-based effects, so you can swap out stones depending on what type of bosses you are fighting. Not all characters run shields, so it’s up to your needs on which gems to use.

Last edited: