[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Feien

Ploppers
A few sources tell me that we will know who will direct before the end of the year. David Fincher is the name that has been thrown around lately, and I don't think it's too far fetched. These past year he has been working with Disney to get a remake of 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea made, so who knows, they might offer him Star Wars instead since that would be less of a high budget risk.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Dude who wrote Toy Story 3? Me rikey. Me rikey a lot. Now hopefully it's Vaughn directing and this might have a shot at being awesome.

Feien

Ploppers
I dabble a little in the film industry due to my job, and I have a few friends and know a few people who are in high places of the industry. As long as they don't make me sign a a non-disclosure agreement, I can bring some juicy details about stuff coming out every once in a while.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Excited and scared at the same time ! Really want to know what content they will use for these new movies, there have been so many books after Jedi they could draw from, or will tey try and come up with something "original?"

As i said in another thread i would love to see Grand Admiral Thrawn in these movies.

rrr_img_2879.jpg

rrr_img_2879.jpg

rrr_img_2879.jpg

Zech_sl

shitlord
As i said in another thread i would love to see Grand Admiral Thrawn in these movies.
rrr_img_2879.jpg
Good luck with that, Disney pretty much said that these new films will be set 30-40 years in the Star Wars future (from the last one) to accomidate Mark Hammil, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford. Also GL came out recently in an interview and said he has officially made the Expanded Universe non cannon. I think he put it, Its only a possible future but no guarantee the story will go that direction.

I am hoping for the best, The guy that wrote Empire will be back to write another and they guy that wrote Hunger games is writing another..they havent said which ones 8 or 9 those two will fight for.

rrr_img_2879.jpg

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The vibe at Disneyland this week was incredible. It was the first time in awhile I saw the look on peoples faces in the store smiling and buying the new shirts ( not one having fuckall to do with the Prequels) the stormtroopers walking around asking people for their idenification was great too. Xmas and Star Wars theme cannot be beat.

I think Edge is the only one that will be dissapointed with whatever direction they take ep. 7.

Also GL came out recently in an interview and said he has officially made the Expanded Universe non cannon.
I fucking hate that guy. I feel like thousands of hours of reading, god knows how many Star Wars books, was for nothing. I mean literally I read all of the damn books up until 2002, when I decided pussy and Star Wars were polar opposites.

Although now there's a generation of 18-21 year old girls who are totally into Star Wars...

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Good luck with that, Disney pretty much said that these new films will be set 30-40 years in the Star Wars future (from the last one) to accomidate Mark Hammil, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford. Also GL came out recently in an interview and said he has officially made the Expanded Universe non cannon. I think he put it, Its only a possible future but no guarantee the story will go that direction.
It would be a fuckup of epic proportions if Disney doesn't follow the EU cannon. I'm talking worse than highlander 2. Comic book readers are the only ones who accept that "alternate universe" crap, and they're a tiny portion of the Star Wars fanbase.

Zech_sl

shitlord
I agree totally with you Hoss and Dacianprick. I have read all the main story books since the beginning and feel like all that was wasted and GL basically stole money from me for it. I dont know how they could possible not use some of the stories from the EU...some of them were fantastic. I have a feeling that these writers(cross fingers) wont let that go completely to waste. Maybe they will use some the overall stories as their base for the movies. Well i hope anyway.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lolwut. I enjoy Star Wars but I've never gotten into the novels, just like the other 90% of people who like Star Wars. Disney can say the books never happened and I can't imagine that affecting the popularity of future sequels even slightly.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Haha .. if George Lucas had put as much creative energy into making good movies as he does into figuring out ways to piss off the most ardent fans of the franchise, the prequels might actually have been worth half a fuck.

Oh wait, I realize I just used creative and George Lucas in the same sentence. Nevermind.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The guy that wrote Empire will be back to write another and they guy that wrote Hunger games is writing another..they havent said which ones 8 or 9 those two will fight for.
woot and FUCK.

I could go on a long spurge, but the hunger games was easily one of the lamest and most boring action/whatever movies I've ever seen. I just didn't like it in the slightest, and it felt completely predictable. The characters had less depth than a knocked over tree.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol then ask yourself what movie you would rather watch? Phantom Menace or
the Hunger Games

Sterling

El Presidente
Lol then ask yourself what movie you would rather watch? Phantom Menace or
the Hunger Games
So we should be happy we got kicked in the balls instead of stabbed in the gut with a sharpened toothbrush? Being better than AIDs doesn't make it good.

Dom_sl

shitlord
Lol then ask yourself what movie you would rather watch? Phantom Menace or the Hunger Games
I'd prefer to watch neither, but at least Hunger Games was targeted at tweens/teens compared to Phantom Menace being targeted at children. It's at least one age group higher.

Oh fuck, who am I kidding. I'd rather watch Twilight than suffer through "Annie and Jar Jar" stumbling and bumbling around again.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hunger Games was a pretty well written adaptation considering how shitty the source material is.

David Fincher doing a Star Wars movie would be awesome. You are not your fucking lightsaber.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So we should be happy we got kicked in the balls instead of stabbed in the gut with a sharpened toothbrush? Being better than AIDs doesn't make it good.
Maybe we will get a Swift kick in the balls in one movie and Luke imploding AT-ATs with the darkside in Empire Strikes Back part II.