[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Zech_sl

shitlord
David Fincher doing a Star Wars movie would be awesome. You are not your fucking lightsaber.
Mist is right, he did a good job with the material he was given. I think it will turn out that he does 9 and that will be the "Yay we won" film so he should be pretty good at that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wasn't the EU just green lit, ok'd fan fiction? in that light is KoTOR considered EU or real history?

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
The bulk of Star Wars lore is EU, and George Lucas is a cunt.

I'd be happy with anything better than 1-3, and I pray they don't make it a non-stop green screen action flick.

I'm thinking the director of the Hunger Games struggled, because it's book 1, the movie has no real ending, it just stops. Better screenwriter may have made it a better movie.

Dom_sl

shitlord
Who's going to be doing creative control or w/e for the movies if they're going with multiple writers across the different films? Someone has to be masterminding the continuity/overseeing the progression of the IP, or it'll just wind up being a jumbled mess and bound for a reboot a decade from now.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think Edge is the only one that will be dissapointed with whatever direction they take ep. 7.
Not likely. You forget, I loved Episodes I-VI. I don't go into them with expectations of what I want to happen, or how I think they should be. I'm just thrilled that we're gonna get more Star Wars.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Most the EU is shit. Real shit. The only decent parts of the EU are the Zahn trilogy and that comic series where Luke goes Dark side and the emporer has clones, and that comic was just ok.

The rest is garbage and I'm glad they're throwing it out.

And 99% of the people who know Star Wars have no fucking clue that Han married Leah.

(PS: when I say EU, I really don't consider the KOTOR stuff which had a really cool story to it and I hope they make movies out of it)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
EU was pissed on by the prequels anyway.

IMO this movie will be mostly about Leia's eldest son, who is Luke's first and most powerful apprentice. He'd need to be about 35, so I'm thinking this guy:

rrr_img_4594.jpg

Give that man a Colt 45 and grease up his hair a bit and he IS Billy Dee.

rrr_img_4594.jpg

lordvanduu_sl

shitlord
Whoever that handsome black fellow is, I can say with certainty that he looks nothing like Billy Dee Williams.

Also, has anyone heard anything about someone from the new movies getting in touch with Billy Dee to play Lando again? I haven't heard anything about him, just about Hamil, Fisher and Ford.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lando is barely in the series with Jacen as Darth Caedus, so they could write around him. Wouldn't be the first time a movie has left something out of a book series.

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Pretty sure they're going to completely avoid the EU stuff. If they stick to the 20 year between trilogies, than it will land in the time frame that Luke marries Mara Jade, and when the Solo kids first join the Jedi Academy on Yavin. The time frame is pretty open to anything for the first movie. However, 5 years after that is when the Yuuzhan Vong invade the galaxy, and that lasts for the next 5 years. That's a pretty huge moment in the EU, as many important people die, like Chewbacca. This would fall within the second and third movies.

It looks like they will destroy the EU to be honest. Oh well, I enjoy the books, but I am not a lore Nazi, so I couldn't careless as long as it is good.

Sterling

El Presidente
Some of the EU stuff is decent but a lot of it is just sanctioned fan fiction that got published. A lot of it is just not very good. Also they did bring in a bit of the EU expanded stuff into the prequels so I wouldn't completely rule out characters etc just wouldn't count on wholesale adaptation of the EU stuff to film.

iannis

Musty Nester
Hopefully they don't use any of the EU crap, and I'll even tell you why I hope that. If they wanted to insult you with another cash grab, AGAIN, that's exactly what they would do. If E1-3 proved anything it's that people will willingly give George Lucas money multiple times over just to bitch about what an asshole George Lucas is for taking their money.

Me, I'm not hard for Darth Darth to sprinkle my face with his warm dark insults. I just want Star Wars to be good again man. Hopefully they write a good final trilogy and redeem the name of Star Wars before Lucas dies.

It shouldn't be that hard to do
frown.png

frown.png

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Regardless of the direction they take 7-9, not making a trilogy of movies using the pure badassery that is Grand Admiral Thrawn is a complete travesty. So fuck this shit.

Zech_sl

shitlord
Lets all be honest here, If its good we will love it no matter what kind of source material they use. If they stick with GL's view that the EU is no longer true lore, they could still use pieces of it as they see fit and move the timeframes around. I will hold off judgement until at least 7 comes out and i get a feel for the direction they are going. We need more Star Wars, the little that we have out there is just not enough. What the new generation of Star Wars fans know more than anything is the Clone Wars cartoon and we need to bring those fans into the movie fold. How Disney bridges that gap is another thing.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
So is Thrawn part of EU or not? Was he created by Timothy Zahn for the Heir to the Empire trilogy or did he exist in SW lore before then? And if he was a Timothy Zahn creation, since he was in Tie Fighter, does that mean he, as a character, is accepted as canon?

COMMAS!

Zech_sl

shitlord
Thrawn was a Zahn creation but i wouldn't hold my breath on seeing him. Technically, the only thing from EU that has ever touched the big screen is the name Coruscant. That was thought up by Zahn too in the HTE trilogy.

Sterling

El Presidente
Thrawn was a Zahn creation but i wouldn't hold my breath on seeing him. Technically, the only thing from EU that has ever touched the big screen is the name Coruscant. That was thought up by Zahn too in the HTE trilogy.
Kashyyyk was from EU first as well.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
The Hand of Thrawn duology was actually pretty good also.

I suppose something involving Thrawn isn't likely to be bad though.

Jaded_sl

shitlord
"The original drafts of Return of the Jedi called for the second Death Star to be built in orbit around Kashyyyk by Wookiee slave labor. It wasn't until later drafts that the setting and characters were changed to the forest moon of Endor and Ewoks."

Thats from the wiki... now how far along the concept of Kashyyyk was in the script before George was done wiping his ass with it one will never know.