No Sudden Move (2021)

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: No Sudden Move (2021)

Tagline: Trust is a setup.

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller, Mystery

Director: Steven Soderbergh

Cast: Don Cheadle, Benicio del Toro, David Harbour, Ray Liotta, Jon Hamm, Brendan Fraser, Kieran Culkin, Amy Seimetz, Julia Fox, Frankie Shaw, Noah Jupe, Matt Damon, Bill Duke, Craig muMs Grant, Byron Bowers, Lauren Rys Martin, Lauren LaStrada, Javon Anderson, Hugh Maguire, Tina Gloss, Wallace Bridges, Peter Tocco, Lucy Holt, Claudia Russell, Katherine Banks, Bryan Sawyer, Bill Wheeler, Dave Mishevitz, Kevin Scollin, Patrick Cronin, Emily Jane Smith

Release: 2021-06-24

Runtime: 115

Plot: A group of criminals are brought together under mysterious circumstances and have to work together to uncover what's really going on when their simple job goes completely sideways.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I watched about the first 10 minutes, had to shut it off. Are they using a fish eye lens in the half the scenes? It's sure looks like it.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched it last night. The cast is great. It's just... off somehow. It's not bad. But its not great either. It gets too convoluted with all its twists and turns. It could have been great. It just misses. 5/10.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Watched it last night. The cast is great. It's just... off somehow. It's not bad. But its not great either. It gets too convoluted with all its twists and turns. It could have been great. It just misses. 5/10.
Yep. It meandered around and had no real final destination.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It didn't seem like there was any intended plot within the first 20 minutes or so. I tried twice to watch it. Just couldn't even get past that much.

But seriously... what the fuck is with that fish eye lens? It's awful.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Took me till the 3rd viewing to finish this movie. Great cast not such a great movie. On a side note Brendan Fraser been lifting them burger weights!

• 1Solidarity

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I'm with the consensus opinion here, great cast, meandering plot. Just felt like there was no rhyme or reason for anything, and then at the end there was a moral of the story about the corruption of the auto industry or whatever. Just felt like a movie that was still in the planning story board stage that someone just decided fuck it let's make this even though we're not done with the plot

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Brendan Fraser's weight gain is apparently due to him about to play a 600 pound fat man . . . maybe.

Part of me says "wow what dedication to his craft" and the other part says "so he gets paid to eat as much Cheesecske Factory cheesecakes and ice-cream sundaes as he can? Fuck".

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Part of me says "wow what dedication to his craft" and the other part says "so he gets paid to eat as much Cheesecske Factory cheesecakes and ice-cream sundaes as he can? Fuck".
Getting type 2 diabetes for a role is actually pretty fucking hardcore.

Also, I enjoyed this movie. Not a masterpiece by any means, but it was amusing enough for a couple hours.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
oof, finally got around to watching this (its on HBO Max) and man... what a boring ass movie. such a waste of a great cast and time period. Everyone is good, although it feels like a stage play vs reality/movie.

The cast still though is absolutely insane - Don Cheadle, fat Brendan Fraser, Benicio Del Toro (speaking in his normal voice? I didnt even know thats what he sounds like!!), David Harbour, Jon Hamm, fucking Ray Liotta, and a couple surprise pop ins that are cool.

still so goddamn boring and as people said above, pretty much no real story. Ugh, what a shame of a waste of money and time and cast. As usual with most new stuff there is a lot of cringe 2021 politics thrown into it that makes zero sense considering the time period.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database