No Time to Die (007 Bond)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the longer they wait to release this explosive diarrhea bomb, the messier its going to be. it should have been released last summer and then when it tanked, moved on to the next thing. now they cant move on and the tension is building that this be the best ever or else they wasted 2 years hyping it up.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
DumpsterFire2.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In before "we should have taken 300m from Netflix"

They literally can't have taken 300 from netflix, the budget was 250m. They backed themselves into a corner.

If they take 300 they are admitting its a flop. 300 in COVID era at least allows them to recoup something.

Instead due to MGM's financial situation, they had to reject the 300m and now instead will receive maybe 200-280m. Not enough to break even with marketing.

MGM is bankrupt as it is. They need to play this out before Apple TV buys MGM out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I am probably in the minority. I like Daniel Craig enough, but I have not been a huge fan of his Bond movies.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I am probably in the minority. I like Daniel Craig enough, but I have not been a huge fan of his Bond movies.
i have my own bias too. Roger Moore is still my favorite Bond, its because he was the one i grew up with and he made Bond fun. when i was a kid, Sean Connery did two things as Bond. kill baddies which i liked, and banged hot chicks. which 10 yr old me had no understanding about slaying pussy. Moore films had those two things and he was a bit corny and he fought corny villains with corny gadgets. i loved me some cheese. Bond fans hated him for that, but i'm not a big Bond fan, i just like fun movies. Moore made Bond a hoot.

oh and this guy.
AlarmedColorfulCleanerwrasse-size_restricted.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i have my own bias too. Roger Moore is still my favorite Bond, its because he was the one i grew up with and he made Bond fun. when i was a kid, Sean Connery did two things as Bond. kill baddies which i liked, and banged hot chicks. which 10 yr old me had no understanding about slaying pussy. Moore films had those two things and he was a bit corny and he fought corny villains with corny gadgets. i loved me some cheese. Bond fans hated him for that, but i'm not a big Bond fan, i just like fun movies. Moore made Bond a hoot.

oh and this guy.

I kind of straddled both eras but my favourite Bond movies (Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker) are Roger Moore ones. I loved the high camp of it all especially Roger Moore and a bunch of soldiers storming shit with a cool theme tune in the background.

And of course...

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Roger Moore Bond movies were awesome. Its a tough pick between him and Connery, and I grew up on Brosnan. All 3 are great.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The first Bond movie I ever remember seeing was The Spy Who Loved Me, and really only the underwater car being the coolest shit ever. I don't really remember much about the Roger Moore films, just that Bond was on par or below the rest of the "set pieces" - be they gadgets, villains, or damsels. He was more of an every-man kind of badass. Pretty contrary to the Connery and Brosnan portrayals which are almost super-human charm, charisma, or possessing supernatural luck. The first time I saw Goldeneye, I was maybe 14 and thought it was one of the dumbest movies I'd ever seen at the time. This coming off being raised on Arnold, JCVD, and Seagal movies... when I got a little older, I realized it was one of the more finely crafted action movies of all time. The rest of the Brosnan series was pretty generic action movie trash, though, and I recall being very annoyed we didn't get to see enough of Denise Richards's tits in The World is Not Enough.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Didn't care for the corny stuff. Dalton and Craig were my favorites.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Edgelord

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I will forever be a Connery die hard. I thought Moore was a fruity prat and did no justice to the role. I thought Brosnan and Dalton were poor stand-ins for Connery, but Brosnan made the best effort to bridge the badass of Connery and the prat of Moore.

I thought Craig did a fantastic job with the scripts he got, he is a decent actor and does the badass well, which, clearly, is the Bond I like. I liked the grittier take on his films. He certainly doesn't deserve to go out like this.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I will forever be a Connery die hard. I thought Moore was a fruity prat and did no justice to the role. I thought Brosnan and Dalton were poor stand-ins for Connery, but Brosnan made the best effort to bridge the badass of Connery and the prat of Moore.

I thought Craig did a fantastic job with the scripts he got, he is a decent actor and does the badass well, which, clearly, is the Bond I like. I liked the grittier take on his films. He certainly doesn't deserve to go out like this.
see, this is always the argument i hear about Moore vs Connery. its Moore is a fool and Connery is the best. Connery die hards will never understand that Moore revived the franchise with his tomfoolery and Connery wanted nothing to do with it. he thought he was bigger than the role and would go on to better things. it cant ever be that Connery was awesome as James Bond while Roger Moore was also awesome as Bond in a different way.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Moore at least made a convincing attempt at portraying Bond as a serviceman who had been elevated to MI6. He just looked right in a navy uniform and rocked a safari jacket.

Connery always came across a bit rough and thuggish and really not the gentleman spy that Bond was supposed to be.

It's for that reason I'm not a massive fan of the latest Bond. I get that it is probably more realistic and not as idealistic but that just isn't Bond. They took Bourne and stuck a Bond tag on it.

• 3Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
There's no argument. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Connery invading a hollowed out volcano lair after being race and class changed to Japanese Ninja cannot be beaten, then it fucking erupts at the end, destroying the spaceport, monorail and piranha pool.

Moore came close with his laser battle at a sexy eugenics space station, but it's just a bit too far from reality given how technology actually progressed. They did well guessing Space Shuttles correctly though.

Most Bonds have one amazing movie then a descent into trash. Connery mostly just got better. It's all in the writing and plot concept really.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

oh and this guy.
I was born in '81. My intro to Bond was Timothy Dalton in License to Kill. Followed quickly (well, 6 years later) by Pierce Brosnan in GoldenEye. Technically, I've seen all the Bonds, but License to Kill was my official intro. At least because I remember watching it on HBO when they finally released it and my dad wanted to watch it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was born in '81. My intro to Bond was Timothy Dalton in License to Kill. Followed quickly (well, 6 years later) by Pierce Brosnan in GoldenEye. Technically, I've seen all the Bonds, but License to Kill was my official intro. At least because I remember watching it on HBO when they finally released it and my dad wanted to watch it.
not everything was a hit. they really skimped on budget in some movies while they went on spending sprees in others. i think they worked better with practical effects instead of some of the early CGI they used. its too bad it dies with this gender swap gimmick film. my favorites will always be Goldfinger and Moonraker.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
not everything was a hit. they really skimped on budget in some movies while they went on spending sprees in others. i think they worked better with practical effects instead of some of the early CGI they used. its too bad it dies with this gender swap gimmick film. my favorites will always be Goldfinger and Moonraker.

Not sure how they went with the highest budget ever for No Time to Die. It's actually being marketed as the "most expensive" in film circles, as if that's a selling point.

Progressively, they've been pushing the James Bourne budgets higher and higher since Craig took over.

They did blow a bag of money on SPECTRE as well-- so I guess its in line with a trend.

Won't be too much longer before Apple TV owns the franchise though.

• 1Barf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Not sure how they went with the highest budget ever for No Time to Die. It's actually being marketed as the "most expensive" in film circles, as if that's a selling point.

Progressively, they've been pushing the James Bourne budgets higher and higher since Craig took over.

They did blow a bag of money on SPECTRE as well-- so I guess its in line with a trend.

Won't be too much longer before Apple TV owns the franchise though.

those asian super nerds arent cheap, they rely on CGI to make everything happen now and that comes at a premium. at least Tom Cruise is still trying to kill himself with practical stunts.