No Time to Die (007 Bond)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
fuck, I guess not. Doing a google search for "hot black chick" pulled her name up on the list and the picture they included was delicious.

Chris

Potato del Grande
half of the movie will be good, half will be unwatchable

Honestly they seem like good characters well acted. Young/hot/idealistic exotic agent for Bond to ally with and fuck, obnoxious/arrogent/antagonistic young agent trying to take his spot.

The problems are:

1) They heavily advertised the black lady as the groundbreaking first black woman in a movie, actually Bonds replacement that maybe we see in future movies, talking about her periods.

2) They didn't advertise Ana de Armas at all, this is the first time I'm seeing her. What the fuck, I actually want to see her as a badass Bond girl. I don't trust them to actually have her get with Bond.

3) Black 007 only works as an antagonist with that attitude, she gives off strong Sean Bean 006 vibes or Moriarty in the last movie. I don't trust them to actually have her as a bad guy and die.

You can tell a great story about a black women wanting to tear down the British Government because decolonisation and she hates Bond for his privilage, but actually she went to private school, had a wealthy stable family and is being manipulated by a George Soros type with bad motives.

Meanwhile Bond is actually an orphan, his family was only wealthy on paper (useless land in Scotland), got a scholarship to private school and had to struggle for what he has. He sees the British Government as good because they tolerate his insubordination (freedom) while every bad guy he faces murders people for that (authoritarianism).

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw an interview with the main actors on Graham Norton the other day. Don't ordinarily watch it as I can't stand the guy but anyway, Daniel Craig looked on edge the whole interview.

Every time one of the other actors were talking the camera kept cutting to him and he looked like he was nervous as hell. Maybe that they'd spoiler something or just say the whole thing was a shit show. Lynch and Seydoux really didn't seem like they had a good thing to say about the experience but were being borderline polite throughout.

This should give a feel for it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

That's not her...

Jasmine-Tookes.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Saw an interview with the main actors on Graham Norton the other day. Don't ordinarily watch it as I can't stand the guy but anyway, Daniel Craig looked on edge the whole interview.

Every time one of the other actors were talking the camera kept cutting to him and he looked like he was nervous as hell. Maybe that they'd spoiler something or just say the whole thing was a shit show. Lynch and Seydoux really didn't seem like they had a good thing to say about the experience but were being borderline polite throughout.

not a lot of confidence in this movie from anyone in that interview. you know what they look like? they look like the cast members of Game Of Thrones when asked about season 8.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Is this the Bond with double O dinger in it? Or is this a new one?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I don't think he thought they would spoil something, I mean they were talking about him mostly because it was his last Bond film.

It's also very obvious that they all hate Phoebe Waller-Bridge and they literally have nothing nice to say about her and her contributions to the movie, so yeah I guess they think its going to be shit because of her.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand all this talk about people wondering if James Bond is the same person through the entire franchise. Of course it's the same person! When did anyone start thinking otherwise?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't understand all this talk about people wondering if James Bond is the same person through the entire franchise. Of course it's the same person! When did anyone start thinking otherwise?
Fan theory to explain time period discrepancies.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
because people see different Bond actors and they get confused with 007. they think 007 is a job title instead of an employee number and every Bond actor is a new 007.

Szlia

because people see different Bond actors and they get confused with 007. they think 007 is a job title instead of an employee number and every Bond actor is a new 007.
I would guess it has more to do with the fact Bond has been an active agent for 70 years (in Dr. No he is no newbie even if its the first mission we see).

Szlia

2) They didn't advertise Ana de Armas at all, this is the first time I'm seeing her. What the fuck, I actually want to see her as a badass Bond girl. I don't trust them to actually have her get with Bond.
My understanding is that her character was added in the script by the director. I read something to that effect in an interview of Armas.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I would guess it has more to do with the fact Bond has been an active agent for 70 years (in Dr. No he is no newbie even if its the first mission we see).
thats what i said. 007 has had so many actors, that people are confused. dummies dont realize his name is always James Bond.

Szlia

thats what i said. 007 has had so many actors, that people are confused. dummies dont realize his name is always James Bond.
I am not talking about the actors, I am talking about the character, as he is seen in the movies. The action of the James Bond films are not outside of time : the cold war disappeared, internet, cell phones and smart phones appeared. The action of the Bond film takes place in the "present times" of the movies releases. So this one James Bond character has been a veteran spy in the early '60s and pushed into retirement in the early '10s and he is still around 10 years later. It makes no rational sense, it's just something one has to accept when walking into a James Bond film. People going the "it's the name of the job, not of the person" just try to rationalize something that is not meant to.

It would be completely different if they decided to set all the films in the '60s and slowly move toward the '70s. They are doing something like that in the OSS 117 serie for instance (spy / comedy / satire films based on french spy novels that predate Fleming's James Bond). The first film is set in the late '50s, the second in the late '60s and the third in the late '70s.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I am not talking about the actors, I am talking about the character, as he is seen in the movies. The action of the James Bond films are not outside of time : the cold war disappeared, internet, cell phones and smart phones appeared. The action of the Bond film takes place in the "present times" of the movies releases. So this one James Bond character has been a veteran spy in the early '60s and pushed into retirement in the early '10s and he is still around 10 years later. It makes no rational sense, it's just something one has to accept when walking into a James Bond film. People going the "it's the name of the job, not of the person" just try to rationalize something that is not meant to.

It would be completely different if they decided to set all the films in the '60s and slowly move toward the '70s. They are doing something like that in the OSS 117 serie for instance (spy / comedy / satire films based on french spy novels that predate Fleming's James Bond). The first film is set in the late '50s, the second in the late '60s and the third in the late '70s.
oh, i never even thought of that as a thing. i rather like it the way it is now. always cutting edge tech, it would be boring if they kept it at 1960s tech.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
My wife and I went to see this yesterday. Turns out the advance tickets I bought are for next month. Don't ever get old.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
oh, i never even thought of that as a thing. i rather like it the way it is now. always cutting edge tech, it would be boring if they kept it at 1960s tech.

i disagree, one of the better Bond type movies in the past decade was Man from Uncle starring Superman. Set in the 1960s, the vibe and style was super cool and most importantly all the plot points can revolve around USA vs USSR and keeping it underground and cold, so as not to erupt in full blown war.

Now every spy movie has to tap dance around the fact that western spies can't really infiltrate Al Queda or Al Shabab or the Chinese communist party. Instead every bad guy tends to be a stupid vaguely Eastern European with completely silly plot points. I mean for gods sakes the plot for Quantum of Solace was that an evil corporation wanted to STEAL ALL THE WATER IN PARAGUAY AND SELL THEM BOTTLED WATER. what the fuck is that shit lol

Sadly Man from UNCLE bombed in theaters so we'll never get good shit like that again until Hollywood recycles back to this idea

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i disagree, one of the better Bond type movies in the past decade was Man from Uncle starring Superman. Set in the 1960s, the vibe and style was super cool and most importantly all the plot points can revolve around USA vs USSR and keeping it underground and cold, so as not to erupt in full blown war.

Now every spy movie has to tap dance around the fact that western spies can't really infiltrate Al Queda or Al Shabab or the Chinese communist party. Instead every bad guy tends to be a stupid vaguely Eastern European with completely silly plot points. I mean for gods sakes the plot for Quantum of Solace was that an evil corporation wanted to STEAL ALL THE WATER IN PARAGUAY AND SELL THEM BOTTLED WATER. what the fuck is that shit lol

Sadly Man from UNCLE bombed in theaters so we'll never get good shit like that again until Hollywood recycles back to this idea

oh god, tha water man was the point where my dad and i noped out of this franchise. dumbest shit ever. i get your point, but i think keeping the Bond films up to date is fine. maybe they can make it work having 1960s Bond use steampunk cellphones or something, but its much simpler keeping things current and topical.