Nootropics Thread: Focus, Clarity, Energy and more

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I’d say the risks far outweigh the benefits.
If you've never fasted a week, its worth a try. Get you a schedule of vitamins, and have one [optional] drink of 100 calories in pure high quality fat and sugar free protein per day. Most people will feel a building hunger for the first few days, but around day or 3-5 days in you have a major shift and you feel generally great, more alert, and in a way that's hard to describe exactly, predatory. I've gone a lot further than one week, and you just don't ever feel bad because of it, more notice that you start to tire much more quickly.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The ultimate nootropic is prolonged water fasting. If you've ever seen the movie Limitless I can tell you with absolute certainty that fasting is the closest you can ever possibly get to that sort of level of mental clarity.
This is actually true.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You're supposed to drink only water, not no-water.

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Water fasting sucks balls. On day three of no water my tongue was splitting open, my lips were ragged and I felt like total balls.
??? Water fasting is literally when all you consume is water lol...

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
If you've never fasted a week, its worth a try. Get you a schedule of vitamins, and have one [optional] drink of 100 calories in pure high quality fat and sugar free protein per day. Most people will feel a building hunger for the first few days, but around day or 3-5 days in you have a major shift and you feel generally great, more alert, and in a way that's hard to describe exactly, predatory. I've gone a lot further than one week, and you just don't ever feel bad because of it, more notice that you start to tire much more quickly.
Hate to break it to you but that is not fasting. Consuming any calories breaks your fast. For maximum benefits your entire digestive system needs to be in hibernation for a period of days.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Drink Cheers GIF by Pepsi Max

What if it's pepsi max? Tastes better than water.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Hate to break it to you but that is not fasting. Consuming any calories breaks your fast. For maximum benefits your entire digestive system needs to be in hibernation for a period of days.
I’ve done it with and without, it’s exactly the same in my experience. Absolutely no fat or sugar is the main concern. Some people can’t safely fast a week + without vitamins and protein, though the vast majority of people can. It’s an option for those with a specific medical concern to address what Izo said.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I do nootropics occasionally to boost mental alertness and focus to grind through tedious work projects. I wanted to see if anyone is doing the same and what nootropic/supplement stacks work well for you.

Think of it as the opposite to the Fast Food Thread

Currently Im doing 200 mg of L-Theanine and 750 mg of Aniracetam with a cup of espresso to grind through work projects. The aniracetam and caffeine boost mental alertness, focus and clarity. Makes me less distracted and less likely to procrastinate.

The L-theanine is there to smooth out the jitters from both to make it a less stressful, less anxious experience.

Lasts about 4-5 hours, I have typically done one dose per day when I take them. I dont do it every day, maybe once every 2 weeks when I need to grind through some shitpile of work.

Outside of work, I take 250 mg of Phenibut occasionally when I go to the beach, or bike, or ride my motorcycle. Its supposed to reduce stress and anxiety and just gives you a nice pleasant calm feeling that improves your mood.

I get my shit from here: Top Nootropics | Buy the Most Popular Nootropics
I have no affiliation with this company whatsoever, just where Ive bought my stuff before.

Anyone else is experimenting with nootropic stacks to get more energy and focus during the day? Or just to manage stress and anxiety?

What else have you guys tried?
Lmao this is some gypsy Slav voodoo shit

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user