Note Millie

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Astrocreep said:
nope that wasnt me. when i registered here i was about 30. not a teen. i think my sig was a line from The Devil"s Rejects. and my title might have been Undead Shaman. my avatar was capt spaulding i think.
This is like trying to remember a name of a movie and drives you nuts until you do. I found this post which leads me to believe you are either lieing or indeed a mod on these boards.

Which would make your plan all along, well I am on to you.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
This post has turned out to be a good way for me to pump up my -internets!

As far as the male/female thing goes; honestly, I could give a shit, I just don"t see any possible upside to maintaining that kind of lie for all this time. Millie was always cool with me, handled a couple of mod things that I pointed out needed attention pretty promptly (hi2u the guy trying to recruit people into a ponzi scheme via these forums), and I managed to never get myself banned.

On the other hand, the Hoofshots crew tried to turn this place into a shithole for a while, with some of the more extreme "screenshots behavior" spilling over into several of the other forums, and Millie did a lot to try to keep that in check. Whether it was due to some personal beef with Brittney, or not, I don"t really care; it kept meaningful discussion possible on these forums at a time where that was pretty threatened.

Spending this much time obsessing over this is pretty immature even by internet standards, and whatever the truth of the gender matter is, if you continued to troll about it despite many warnings to the contrary, you deserved your ban; don"t try to pretend you were some great crusader for truth, you were just beating a dead horse that the vast majority of us didn"t give a fuck about, usually in situations where it was entirely irrelevant anyway, because you knew it"d draw a reaction that you could get off on.

Frankly, and this isn"t meant as a dig at any of the other mods (I understand that people have other stuff to do, moderating a fairly large blog/messageboard myself), but there were a lot of times where it seemed like the rest of the admins here were asleep at the wheel and/or enabled stupid behavior either by proxy or by example, and Millie seemed to be trying to fight that tide.

That"s the part that I appreciated (even though it doesn"t seem to be a popular stance these days, judging by this thread and by my -internets; a large portion of the current userbase seems to be okay with this place turning into Hoofshots/4chan), and the vagina/no vagina argument couldn"t be more irrelevant.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
this is pretty amazing. I have to admit I wonder how much this is affecting him(her?), considering how extensively he worked at covering it up, and now watching it become quickly unraveled before the thousands of posters he clearly felt some need to impress or portray to. first foh-triggered suicide? curious what tuco"s proof is.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I"d love to see the shit out of Tuco"s proof. I"d like to seeallhis proof, hell yeah.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Pasteton;1306250 said:
this is pretty amazing. I have to admit I wonder how much this is affecting him(her?), considering how extensively he worked at covering it up, and now watching it become quickly unraveled before the thousands of posters he clearly felt some need to impress or portray to. first foh-triggered suicide?curious what tuco"s proof is.[/QUOTE]

Her dick was in his butt, some call it surprise butt sex.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Pasteton said:
this is pretty amazing. I have to admit I wonder how much this is affecting him(her?), considering how extensively he worked at covering it up, and now watching it become quickly unraveled before the thousands of posters he clearly felt some need to impress or portray to.first foh-triggered suicide?curious what tuco"s proof is.
Doubt it, more than likely "she" will get "cancer".

DeusEx_foh

shitlord
Duppin said:
That"s the part that I appreciated (even though it doesn"t seem to be a popular stance these days, judging by this thread and by my -internets; a large portion of the current userbase seems to be okay with this place turning into Hoofshots/4chan), and the vagina/no vagina argument couldn"t be more irrelevant.
I can"t really follow the 4chan reference in regard to FoH in general. Sure there are some threads in SS, but SS is a subforum specifically created for these things. Everything else is fairly harmless and civil, well... except the WoW threads of course.

In general I like the way FoH is at the moment. It"s not 4chan, but fortunately it"s also not EJ.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Duppin said:
Spending this much time obsessing over this is pretty immature even by internet standards, and whatever the truth of the gender matter is, if you continued to troll about it despite many warnings to the contrary, you deserved your ban; don"t try to pretend you were some great crusader for truth, you were just beating a dead horse that the vast majority of us didn"t give a fuck about, usually in situations where it was entirely irrelevant anyway, because you knew it"d draw a reaction that you could get off on.
As myself, Hatorade and a couple others have already made clear, we haven"t been obsessing over it. I frankly still don"t give a shit about Millie"s actual gender. For the billionth time, it"s the drama that surrounds it that was at issue. And despite your claims that everyone who got banned deserved it and trolled her constantly, that"s not really the case. It"s impossible to prove otherwise because so much shit was deleted over the years, but it"s a fact.

I"m not one of the jackasses that was banned, and really I got along just fine with Millie. I don"t have a grudge or obsession about this. I just found the whole situation genuinely intriguing in a "holy shit, did you see that baby stroller get hit by the flaming bus full of handicapped children?" kind of way.

Elerion

N00b
FoHSS is pretty well contained nowadays.

I have no idea what you"re on about Duppin. No one here has supported the pedo shit that went on back before the cleansing. It"s just that we were all fucking tired of having to keep our mouths shut and play nice on one specific (legal) subject.

Hey ho, the witchlock is gone.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Duppin said:
Spending this much time obsessing over this is pretty immature even by internet standards,
He says as he writes the War and Peace of message board posts...

Anyway, I think your view of the past is a bit clouded at best. Let"s call a spade a spade and be done with it, not everything in the "hoofshots" era was bad, not everything was good either, much like it is today. It was simply different. The line that ultimately ended up being crossed was the one that F-dawg himself said NOT to cross, you just don"t do that on these boards and expect to get away with it. The subsequent Millie bannings were fallout from the us vs them mentality that had taken root in the general populace, and was brought to a head over those initial bannings. It didn"t help this mentality was in part instilled and even perpetrated by some of the mods themselves (not the least of which being Millie, either). Quick side note here, Tuco as a moderator was a fantastic move on whoever"s part that was.

There"s a difference between being a retard and being banned for it, and being baited into being a retard and then being banned for it. A lot of the latter was happening, and though there were genuinely a few instances of the former, I"d say those cases are few and far between comparatively. To say that Millie was the sole super-Moderator responsible for keeping the unwashed masses at bay is a little bit disingenuous at best, the boards got along just fine before Millie"s active role in moderation, and they"ll get along just fine after. In fact, there"s a nice little thing to ponder some lonely Saturday night as you take Rosy Palms around the block a few times -- the "hoofshots" era of mass retardation and bannings didn"t even start until almost the very second that Millie"s role in moderation became much greater than it was previously. Up until that point, it was just not-Aychamo"s-era.

Anyway, this shit is pretty serious business so I think I"ll quit while I"m ahead, but to me it"s not just some black or white issue that needs to be polarized even more than it already is. MILLIE WAS SUPERMOD, nooo MILLIE WAS BAD MOD YARGHHH, it just doesn"t fly with how fucking diverse this place is.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tuco said:
I have very specific, and concrete, reasons for believing that Millie is a woman, at least has the same qualifications, regardless of what her past is.
You got got, dude.

How the hell did I miss this nugget of a thread? I gotta say, it"s great now that we can talk about that fucking elephant in the room.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This thread is best addition to this long running joke I have ever seen. It"s almost as bad as the original paladin epic or jboots.

Fortunately, the rabbit hole goes further than all of you realize, and I sure as hell wouldn"t trust what "some" people have to say.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don"t know the answer to that, but I"m still laughing at how hard you worked to tiptoe-through-the-tulips in your PMs to millie.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
This thread"s moving fast, heh.

In any case, a couple of things:

War and Peace? My post was what, three paragraphs? I guess I"m just wordy. This one"s going to be even longer probably, so feel free to tl;dr if you"d like.

Anyway, I"ll grant that there may"ve been abuses of mod power that I didn"t catch; but what Ididsee were a lot of threads where Millie would be mentioned tangentially to a thread"s topic, or simply post, and the thread filled up with LOL UR A DUDE posts and was irretrievably derailed.

And really, whether it was just or not, if you knew it was something that"d get you banned, and you posted about it anyway, I can"t find much sympathy in my heart for you when those consequences actually showed up. It"s like putting your hand in a tiger cage and getting pissed off at the tiger when it bites your hand off; you knew the likely consequences of your actions, and you did it anyway.

As far as Millie"s increased involvement coming at around the same time as the retardation in Screenshots ramped up, I"d argue that it was a consequence of that happening, not a cause of it; when it was clear that the person who"d traditionally been responsible for keeping that portion of the userbase in line had gotten too friendly with the inmates and wasn"t doing their job anymore, someone had to step up. From my perspective, Millie did that, and I"d argue that these forums would be a very different place if that process had been allowed to go on unchecked.

And regarding this place "not being EJ", I"d argue that EJ turned into what it is as a result of people realizing that serious MMO strategy discussion (I hesitate to use the word "theorycrafting" but use that term if you like) was no longer as welcome here as it had been at one time, and migrating there.

I"m no longer much of an MMO player, and I"m willing to grant that maybe this place has just evolved past me into something different than it used to be; but all things being equal, I"d say this place is a lot closer these days to 4chan on the 4chan<--------->EJ spectrum than it used to be, particularly after the addition of the reputation system (not to harp on that anymore, it is what it is and it"s here to stay whether people like it or not), and I always thought that Millie seemed to be trying to hold that tide back, oftentimes pretty much singlehandedly.

I appreciated that effort, even if not a lot of other people did; maybe if I"d seen some of these massive abuses of mod power that I apparently missed entirely, my attitude would be different, but pretty much everyone I ever saw get banned, there was a clearly identifiable reason why.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
well since we are wrong show us Tuco. I would love to see this "proof" you have. I know what I have seen and I know what I have heard with my own ears. Until something is produced that can change that I will keep on believing what I have experienced. The fact you are the ONLY person here still claiming Millie is a she should be something of a hint.

Talzar_foh

shitlord
Locithon said:
I just don"t understand the whole "pretending to be a girl on the internet" thing.. Is is just for the attention? Sexually confused? I have to admit it kinda creeps me out.

Oh, and it adds a whole other level to the Blarney Blackstone thread.
Probably starts out as attention whoring and then leads to sexually confused after they start to enjoy the attention and enjoy the people that are giving it to them.