NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think they're engineering these cards all wrong with the boost clocks, instead of designing them to maintain steady framerates.
Well if you watch the video nvidia specced this fine. It would be a complete non issue if AIBs built to spec

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well if you watch the video nvidia specced this fine. It would be a complete non issue if AIBs built to spec
Yes, but even the FEs have boost clocks. I'd rather it just maintain the 1740mhz or whatever and have more consistent frametimes.

The boost clocks seem to add points for synthetic benchmarks while not really making games perform consistently better in the real world.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yes, but even the FEs have boost clocks. I'd rather it just maintain the 1740mhz or whatever and have more consistent frametimes.
They're all built to run stable 1710, and they do. Boosts are stable too assuming you get a card actually built to spec.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've had no problems with my Zotac (niggling coil whine in WOW aside), but definitely doesn't look great for Zotac/Gigabyte. Still angling for a FTW 3 or Strix when they launch and will return/sell the Zotac if I can snag one.

If not, no biggie, will see what AMD has up their sleeve and make a decision from there.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Fucking lol, got a notification that a 3080 was in stock, tried to add to cart:

Capture.PNG

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I on the other hand am an engineer. I'm not even sure how I passed my electrical engineering classes though

Also I was checking out a FTW3 but paypal took a dump. Not sure if it was a real card on newegg but I tried

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
There were real cards up on Newegg, a few confirmed orders in stock tracking discords. I got IP banned as well trying to go to checkout. Wasn't even refreshing newegg at all today.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
It's all pretty dumb, and could've easily been avoided with preorders. I can see why Amazon decided not to participate very much at all during the launch. They knew Nvidia were cracked out of their minds with the "we started production in August" handwaving and told them to get fucked on the launch day orders. Places like Newegg and Microcenter don't have a choice because this is their whole business, and partners have to be first or get left behind. But to Bezos, this is just a drop in the bucket.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I think they're engineering these cards all wrong with the boost clocks, instead of designing them to maintain steady framerates.

Wouldn't you need to boost during a high workload moment to maintain a steady framerate?

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, too bad Zotac bought all the chips. They'd glue a fan to a fucking Pringle to sell a card.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

nu_11

I'd buy the EVGA 3090 FTW3 if it wasn't so overpriced. Fuckers. For anything above the $1700 price, the Asus ROG STRIX would be the one for me to get.

The EVGA XC3 only has 1 set of MLCC's opposed to the 6 in the Asus TUF.

So it's either Nvidia FE at $1500 or Asus TUF at $1600 for me.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My Ventus have 5 big chips and one cluster of the small ones, no crashes as of yet. However I've seen pictures of the card with 6 big ones, so maybe there are mixed versions out.

Edit: Seems some stock photos are different from the product they launched. Played some Gears 5 today after I rebuilt with the new case and no issues at all so far. I see the GPU boost up 2025MHz and supposedly the crashes start at 2000MHz.

Last edited: