NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Port Royale isn't a game, it's just another 3dmark benchmark.

It's not someone making up numbers, it's someone cherry picking a bad run. Or old drivers. Or whatever they did.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
They need to TRIPLE down on their driver team...
Yup, think they will too. This is their chance, I suspect they’ll take it and were probably delighted Nvidia fecked up their own launch so bad.

Mlid looking pretty accurate is not something I’d have guessed. 2020 be wildin

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
They need to TRIPLE down on their driver team...
God, fuck, no, they don't. Just what I need is more stupid, pointless updates, additional UI, and streamer packages, or other dumbfuck functionality I'll never use that eats up RAM. Just pay the guys who actually make the drivers do what they're supposed to and let them do their jobs (actually make the card run).

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Some prebuilts for the anxious who dont want to wait -

i did snatch this earlier to strip down

Zotac 3090

Last edited:

Izo

Tranny Chaser
So 40xxx will be announced before 30xx is generally available?

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Does it even matter? If they are in stock then people will buy them. They aren't going to wait for Nvidia to continue to lie to them about product availability.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Does it even matter? If they are in stock then people will buy them. They aren't going to wait for Nvidia to continue to lie to them about product availability.

I'm guessing AMD will have the same trouble with production/availability that Nvidia is having. It's a feeding frenzy right now.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
it's essentially a dead series due to lack of availability. By the time you can see units sitting in stock at retailers, it will be time for the next line to be announced or very close to it. I bet my Tuesday's underwear that there will still be people waiting for their cards in January next year what they ordered back in September. And throughout 2021 there will never be ample supply to meet the demand. Jensen fucked up and fucked up bad

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
By the time you can see units sitting in stock at retailers, it will be time for the next line to be announced or very close to it.
With their 2-year timeframe for architecture updates they will release an updated version with TSMC 7 nm in 2021 once they get the capacity they bought.

Nvidia is rumored to be sitting on a lot of GDDR6X RAM (while AMD went with normal GDDR6), so I guess that was the plan with the 20 GB 3080: Buy out everything they could to block AMD from using faster RAM. Now that plan went out the window they are going with cheaper 3070/3060 and higher end Ti/SUPER cards.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This release isn't that much different from 2xxx series. The 2080TI came out in Sept 2018, but I didn't get one due to poor availability until Jan 2019 and then Nvidia released a refresh (Super Duper AMD Pooper Scooper edition) in July 2019. The 2xxx was just not that much better than the 1xxx's so there wasn't nearly as much demand for the new gen as there is now. I think most of us just have cabin fever and dont' remember how it bad it was last gen anymore.

It seems very likely the refresh people are already talking about is probably the TI's or Super edition, not the 4000 series.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I had no trouble getting a 2080 in 2018. I waited a month to make sure nothing was doing any crazy shit or problems I wanted to avoid and had plenty to choose from at MSRP.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I didn't really track the 2080 but I know the 2080TI was impossible to find at MSRP and I only got one in January because I started using EVGA's notifications. Then I had 2 bad cards and I really didn't get a working card until late feb/early march because each RMA took weeks.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't really track the 2080 but I know the 2080TI was impossible to find at MSRP and I only got one in January because I started using EVGA's notifications. Then I had 2 bad cards and I really didn't get a working card until late feb/early march because each RMA took weeks.
One of the main reasons I went with a 2080 was that the TI seemed to have a pretty high failure rate and I didn't feel like rolling the dice. It's part of why I try not to buy stuff like this on launch day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user