NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Fucker

Log Wizard
If there isn't any Crypto-bubble to blow the doors off the prices of these, then Nvidia is going to have to show value for these. Particularly when AMD is right around the corner with another potential giant-killer product that they might not take the performance crown with but might be willing to make a serious value play with. Maybe they don't get an all out win they are doing with Intel this time but perhaps they get close for 75% of the price. If I can, I am going to wait this time to see what BigNavi holds. Whatever they are going to call RDNA3.0 is where all bets are off as to who get the top spot.

As to people saying "burr like AMD is ever any good" has it really been that long since ATI was smoking nVidia, who went through a current-Intel-like doldrums of their own? 6xxx and 7970 was the bomb and their mid-range 4590? card was awesome too. AMD bought them and they then suffered their own period of tough times but its hard to be on top forever.

AMD drivers have been total garbage for a LONG time. They aren't going to compete with Nvidia in any meaningful way until they fix it. Which they never will.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
AMD drivers have been total garbage for a LONG time. They aren't going to compete with Nvidia in any meaningful way until they fix it. Which they never will.

Their drivers has gotten much better over the last year or 2 that much is fact. Are they Nvidia good? No ofcourse not but saying they cant fix it is dumb considering how theyve come a long way from being the pity/poor choice of hardware over frequent years. 5700XT was still the better choice until the 2080 and FreeSync is still cheaper than the Gsync alternative. Saying never is ridiculous since people thought AMD would never be able to compete with Intel...

look at them now.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Have a 5700XT that has had no issues
sure.gif

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seeing as I never followed closely a GPU release what is expected? Low stock and long waits at the start?

I really want to wait for the 3000 but not sure I'm interested in waiting to buy it Q1 next year.

Been checking the ysed market for 2080 supers but not too many out there thats not overpriced.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
These hardware prices are killing me. I put together a setup with an i7 9700k, decent case and psu, ram, ssds and a placeholder gpu around the 700 dollar mark and I'm looking at roughly 1,7k when it's all said and done (including a copy of Win10). I want a decent screen this time around too, so I will likely end up at 2k.

Fuck consoles, but this is painful.

Fucker

Log Wizard
These hardware prices are killing me. I put together a setup with an i7 9700k, decent case and psu, ram, ssds and a placeholder gpu around the 700 dollar mark and I'm looking at roughly 1,7k when it's all said and done (including a copy of Win10). I want a decent screen this time around too, so I will likely end up at 2k.

Fuck consoles, but this is painful.

Grab a Win 10 Pro key off of Ebay for $5.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Seeing as I never followed closely a GPU release what is expected? Low stock and long waits at the start?

I really want to wait for the 3000 but not sure I'm interested in waiting to buy it Q1 next year.

Been checking the ysed market for 2080 supers but not too many out there thats not overpriced.

Usually takes a couple months to get your hands on one as an average consumer, unless you go to sites that pre-build machines for you.

How is it factual when I keep hearing this bullshit every year?

This time it's true...

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Holy fuck is this the true size? Not sure I can get this in my case because of the length. Would be bumping up against my radiator/fans.

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3090-Ampere-Flagship-Gaming-Graphics-Card_1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm pretty sure the actual PCB isn't that big, so hopefully you can watercool it well!

I hear you, but I don't want to spend 1200 on a card, THEN have to try something I have never done before/void warranties just to make it fit.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users