NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
EVGA email...2080ti 1K

Clipboard01.jpg

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The AMD Graphics card in development right now is suppose to be able to compete with the 3k series. Theyre saying it "could" actually be just as powerful as the top end card offered in the 3k series. They - as in, youtubers that have actual moles inside of amd AND nVidia.
Lmao no chance

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

faille

Molten Core Raider
I've always preferred AMD but I never by the latest top end card.
I much prefer their price / performance, especially back when crossfire was well supported. At least, supported better than it is now.
Buying 1 good mid range card, then adding another 6 month / year down the track for near double the performance boost made a lot more financial sense for me.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Has AMD ever managed something amazing with their video cards?

5700XT was better than 2070 and made Nvidia adjust prices.

Can they make something as good as a top end card? Sure - will they? Sure - is it whats coming out? Who knows - Theyre just catching up on CPU end of things, the GPU we dont know when they will be in a position to bend Nvidia over like they are intel.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
5700XT was better than 2070 and made Nvidia adjust prices.

Can they make something as good as a top end card? Sure - will they? Sure - is it whats coming out? Who knows - Theyre just catching up on CPU end of things, the GPU we dont know when they will be in a position to bend Nvidia over like they are intel.

Even though Ive watched the leak videos of their upcoming cards that supposedly compete with nVidia - I still dont trust the AMD cards enough to buy one. It's taken me this long just to buy one of their processors and that was just because it had such good reviews/price.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Has AMD ever managed something amazing with their video cards?
The uh. 9600 Pro or some shit? Whatever that one was waaaaaaaaaay back in the day that could be unlocked/overlocked to compete with the Radeon 9800 or something like that. Amazing card. Since then, not so much.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
AMD's midrange cards are generally good in terms of raw horsepower per dollar but still lacking in actual optimized driver support in games. Games that support Vulkan are the huge exception to this however.

AMD's high end cards are expensive blow dryers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
AMD's high end cards are expensive blow dryers.
Nvidia wants in on that action.

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3090-1-1.jpg

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The true pinnacle of graphics card design shall only be obtained once Nvidia merges with an HVAC company.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Looking like the rumors of these being 300+ watt beasts are true.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The true pinnacle of graphics card design shall only be obtained once Nvidia merges with an HVAC company.
I agree, let's just pipe that heat out through a hole in the wall.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Custom liquid cooling loops were just stage one, imma get my CPU mounted in the heart of an a-coil.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Also videocardz has a really cunty fucking mod. I got banned from commenting on the website for saying a guy was wrong about Nvidia having bought ARM in a completely neutral manner.

spronk

FPS noob
3060 $400
3070 $600
3080 $800
3090 $1400

i'd be down with a 3070 or 3080 at those prices, i wonder if there will be "Ti" models or if FEs are it