NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It never ceases to amaze me how some people can be so smart that they can rise to the top of a major corporation and yet also be so dumb as to let their family members advertise the shady shit they do thanks to your corporate position.
She’s a VP of Nike. I’m gonna go out on a limb that her entitled dumb ass kid probably didn’t think he was doing anything wrong. I would feel like such a failed parent.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It's not just large corporations, people fail upwards everywhere.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Can you imagine being a "sneakerhead"...

What a sad element of this society.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
130k spent on moms credit card and no mention of hookers and blow. That's the sad part about kids today.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It's not just large corporations, people fail upwards everywhere.

This is true. I work for the guberment and have to deal with a lot of other guberment agencies in my work. I'm constantly amazed at how often I find people of equal or higher seniority than me who are completely shit at their job. I'm talking about people who never answer their e-mails, and it's amazing if you can get them to answer their phones. You never know what they're doing. Don't seem to know what their job is about. And they don't even get a talk to from the boss! And here I am, trying to do my best, always finish jobs on time, always ready to help out, and they try and cut my working hours (illegally to boot!).

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Rustled

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This is true. I work for the guberment and have to deal with a lot of other guberment agencies in my work. I'm constantly amazed at how often I find people of equal or higher seniority than me who are completely shit at their job.
Their retardation knows no bounds.

I remember back in my early Marine days one part of my job was ordering stuff through the Navys god awful contracting/procurement system. One of our batteries was deploying and they wanted some magazine pouches that attached to the buttstock of their M16s. Well I put in the order for it only to get rejected. The civilian who rejected it rejected it because any weapon modification needed to be approved by major soandso.

I email major soandso about this asking what I need to do, showing him the magazine pouch in question. He responds by saying his approval is only needed when you are permanently modifying weapons. The magazine pouches attached via velco so it took 5 seconds to put them on or take them off, obviously in no way shape or form permanent. I resubmit the request saying major soandso said no authorization was needed, the woman in charge approved it without question. Never asked for any email or letter as proof, just accepted me saying "major soandso said no authorization was needed for this". If she had taken just 1 minute to look at the actual fucking thing I was wanting to buy she would have realized that order did not apply. But nope had to go in a egg hunt trying to find major soandso and wait for his response.

Worse was dealing with the cunts in charge of government credit cards. Dear lord it was like the DMV.

• 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Their retardation knows no bounds.

I remember back in my early Marine days one part of my job was ordering stuff through the Navys god awful contracting/procurement system. One of our batteries was deploying and they wanted some magazine pouches that attached to the buttstock of their M16s. Well I put in the order for it only to get rejected. The civilian who rejected it rejected it because any weapon modification needed to be approved by major soandso.

I email major soandso about this asking what I need to do, showing him the magazine pouch in question. He responds by saying his approval is only needed when you are permanently modifying weapons. The magazine pouches attached via velco so it took 5 seconds to put them on or take them off, obviously in no way shape or form permanent. I resubmit the request saying major soandso said no authorization was needed, the woman in charge approved it without question. Never asked for any email or letter as proof, just accepted me saying "major soandso said no authorization was needed for this". If she had taken just 1 minute to look at the actual fucking thing I was wanting to buy she would have realized that order did not apply. But nope had to go in a egg hunt trying to find major soandso and wait for his response.

Worse was dealing with the cunts in charge of government credit cards. Dear lord it was like the DMV.

That's a model of efficiency compared to the shit I see almost daily.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This is true. I work for the guberment and have to deal with a lot of other guberment agencies in my work. I'm constantly amazed at how often I find people of equal or higher seniority than me who are completely shit at their job. I'm talking about people who never answer their e-mails, and it's amazing if you can get them to answer their phones. You never know what they're doing. Don't seem to know what their job is about. And they don't even get a talk to from the boss! And here I am, trying to do my best, always finish jobs on time, always ready to help out, and they try and cut my working hours (illegally to boot!).

What I have found over the years, are the people that are clearly qualified, are too smart to take management/leadership positions. They don't want the headache. Don't want to deal with red tape or the people on that level. Who wants to play that game?

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What I have found over the years, are the people that are clearly qualified, are too smart to take management/leadership positions. They don't want the headache. Don't want to deal with red tape or the people on that level. Who wants to play that game?
This is very true. A couple high performer coworkers and I have turned down a couple of headache management positions, even though it would be a good pay bump, because it would just suck. Some of the management positions are 24/7 on call status. Fuck that.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
In any organization, competence is the only currency.

It is always the thing that is in much shorter supply than everything else. Frequently you will have tons of money, tons of people, tons of hours of the day to do shit... and no actually competent people to actually execute.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!