NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So maybe its time to leave the fucking mommas house and set out on your own, little flower. You make the bank now, with nothing to spend it on except new monitors, so buy a place thats better. PCs should not fit the house, but the house should fit the PCs.
Mist lives less than 2 miles from my parents since they also live near the beach. Westerly is a great town besides having the white trashiest Walmart in the USA. It’s worse than rural Bama which is funny because the amount of money in Watch Hill is insane.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mist lives less than 2 miles from my parents since they also live near the beach. Westerly is a great town besides having the white trashiest Walmart in the USA. It’s worse than rural Bama which is funny because the amount of money in Watch Hill is insane.
I'm not in Westerly but very close and you're definitely right about that Walmart. I have no idea where those people even come from. I can't even tell whether it's worse in the summer or the winter. This is a very expensive area to vacation in the summer, and they're NOT the college kids since they go to the North Kingstown Walmart.

Edit: Actually it has to be the locals from Ashaway, Bradford and Hope Valley that shop there. Hope Valley is basically if West Virginia started a colony in New England, and Bradford is a town where everyone in the whole town worked at one of two textile mills and both of them shut down 2 decades ago.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm not in Westerly but very close and you're definitely right about that Walmart. I have no idea where those people even come from. I can't even tell whether it's worse in the summer or the winter. This is a very expensive area to vacation in the summer, and they're NOT the college kids since they go to the North Kingstown Walmart.

Edit: Actually it has to be the locals from Ashaway, Bradford and Hope Valley that shop there. Hope Valley is basically if West Virginia started a colony in New England, and Bradford is a town where everyone in the whole town worked at one of two textile mills and both of them shut down 2 decades ago.
Or the rejects from Mystic

I kid I kid

I love Mystic Seaport

Fucker

Log Wizard
That's just about any Wal Mart though. I've only been to two decent ones, which are also were I lived and currently live. Quite physically over the railroad tracks a few miles away is a completely different Wal Mart with a different class of customer.

I know which one Mist shops at...

lotto-winner.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Walmart’s at night are scary. It’s like twilight zone shit.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I did go ahead and buy it, won’t be the tier of parts I would like to use but beggars can’t be choosers at this point.

it sold out right after I checked out. They did charge me so I would assume that means I’m going to actually get one.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I did go ahead and buy it, won’t be the tier of parts I would like to use but beggars can’t be choosers at this point.

it sold out right after I checked out. They did charge me so I would assume that means I’m going to actually get one.
Congrats. I think you’ll be happy with it. No complaints with my 3070.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rtx 3080 running cyberpunk in 4K ultra settings is actually surprisingly smooth. But holy shit does this tiny case get loud. I have to jack up the volume big time or it’s a pretty annoying distraction. Every other game I’ve played gets medium loud but not distracting. even black desert in the ‘photo ultra’ mode which isn’t even meant for gameplay in 4k, ran pretty well with medium noise. Not sure what about cyberpunk makes my system wanna take off but I’m pretty sure I’d cause a local power outage if played for more than an hour.
debating whether to sell my 1070 as it’s a half length version and I think clocked down but still pretty decent for most games just not in 4k

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
boiling liquid cooling for mists home

Just spray your stuff with steam. That's what they do when a pressure vessel is glowing red hot in places to keep it from failing. Can't spray it with water or it would crack so they spray it with 20+ steam lances until it's replaced. Hot and humid, sure why not lol.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Rtx 3080 running cyberpunk in 4K ultra settings is actually surprisingly smooth. But holy shit does this tiny case get loud. I have to jack up the volume big time or it’s a pretty annoying distraction. Every other game I’ve played gets medium loud but not distracting. even black desert in the ‘photo ultra’ mode which isn’t even meant for gameplay in 4k, ran pretty well with medium noise. Not sure what about cyberpunk makes my system wanna take off but I’m pretty sure I’d cause a local power outage if played for more than an hour.
debating whether to sell my 1070 as it’s a half length version and I think clocked down but still pretty decent for most games just not in 4k
Is it the gfx card or your cpu fan? My cpu fan was getting loud as fuck (The stock AMD wraith), replaced it with a BeQuiet and it’s quite a bit quieter. I think I’m going to put some acoustic foam panels around the case and see what that does. It’s hidden enough I can get away with one above, to one side, and behind without seeing the panels.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
It’s definitely the gfx card, the cpu is one of those garbage nuc elements, fans tiny. I like the idea of acoustic foam but worried about heat, is it designed to not impede airflow?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It’s definitely the gfx card, the cpu is one of those garbage nuc elements, fans tiny.
The smaller the the diameter of the fan, the louder and more high pitched it is. So if the fan is tiny that is likely the source of your noise.

The whole reason server rooms sound like they do is because the servers generally have 8x 40mm fans intaking air, each.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s definitely the gfx card, the cpu is one of those garbage nuc elements, fans tiny. I like the idea of acoustic foam but worried about heat, is it designed to not impede airflow?
The foam will be around the case not attached to it. It would definitely impede airflow if you tried attaching it to the computer or in the path of the air. Mine will be attached to my desk and the wall, the area surrounding it that sound bounces off of. It'll absorb the noise instead of amplifying it.