NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you want lower temps I went the route of looking at undervolting and did both the vid card (lower voltage curve in MSI AB + higher cock freq) and the CPU via PBO2 undervolting (along with setting a temp limit). Lowered the temps in both cases a good bit.
Vid Card guide
CPU Guide (youtube)
High cock frequencies are important. Ramp it every weekend, amirite??

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I'm constantly cranking the cocks up dude. Every chance. Sometimes its on a tight timing (like minutes before wife gets home).

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Not gonna lie, that's the first product that ever got me even slightly interested in considering watercooling.

• 1Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Not gonna lie, that's the first product that ever got me even slightly interested in considering watercooling.
While it can be frustrating, it's definitely satisfying. It does make a huge difference on graphics card temps too.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it a big deal if the case fans are hitting the gfx card power supply cable ? It’s more a light brush I think cuz the fan still runs. I tried pushing the cable down but it keeps lurching back up after a while

• 1Worf

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Is it a big deal if the case fans are hitting the gfx card power supply cable ? It’s more a light brush I think cuz the fan still runs. I tried pushing the cable down but it keeps lurching back up after a while
What case has a fan near the pcie power cables on a graphics card? Get some zip ties and make a ghetto fan blade guard or something man.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Mine does but I am not at home, I think Cooler Master is the manufacturer. They make cases with a big fan on the side panel that might be really close to the cards on PCI slots especially considering the clearance needed for the video cards. It has a removable guard around it though and I use full size cases so space isn't an issue for me.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The GPU situation just continues to make zero sense. At this point I think its just senseless hoarding/scalping.

1619909220523.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, there's crypto, there's bored people stuck at home at not going out much with cash to burn, and there's people who've gotten multiple stimulus checks that probably didn't need it, since most people who are that into PC gaming that they can spend 500-1500 dollars on a video card are likely in the remote-eligible worker class and didn't actually lose money in the pandemic.

And there's probably just generally high demand. A ton of people skipped the 20XX cycle entirely.

So yeah, it makes sense that demand would be more than double.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I think demand is far more than double. I just built a new PC from scratch. Everything new but my SSD and my 1060. In my little corner of Europe the only cards to drop by once in a while are the top of the line 3090s and the top teir Radeons. They cost a fucking fortune and are in a very limited supply (I'm talking single hand digits). I asked if I could be put on a waiting list for a 3080 and he laughed at me. He's already got over 100 people waiting and has stopped adding more. He said "maybe" the situation will be better in the Fall. All other PC shops around are the same. Sweet feq awl except some special low end cards (Nvidia Quatro I think they're calleD), and the odd case of the very top tier at inflated prices.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
We are realistically years from the situation getting better. Seeing next gen RAM and stuff is going to exacerbate the problem imo.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Case took the pink handset from its cradle and punched a Hongkong number from memory. He let it ring five times, then hung up. His buyer for the three megabytes of hot RAM in the Hitachi wasn't taking calls.
We're living in the world we warned ourselves about.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I have a PS5 in my living room and a 3080 in my office computer.

If you want something, you can get it easily enough. They’re just not available on the shelves.