NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That's why I recommend customs, you can get almost exactly what you want in like a month. And the price increase is minimal, it's worth it just for avoiding the time and stress of scrambling around trying to find things instock. I could give a shit about 'deals,' just give me my shit that I want so I barely even have to mess with it, because I don't have the time or desire to fuck with shit anymore. People are trying to get instant gratification, and then aren't happy with it or change half of it anyway, meanwhile they could have a solid system by now if they just ordered what they wanted a month ago.
Right now? Sure, I bought one too. But in normal times, no thanks. I will stick to building myself. Go look at those pre built reviews and see for yourself how fucked some of those systems are. Simple shit like XMP in bios not turned on, fucked cable management, sometimes drives are not even configured, or on one case I saw, not even plugged in, lol.

Yeah fuck that, ill stick to building my own.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
We haven't had normal times in almost 2 years now. And yeah, I've bought what 6 customs? and the only problem I've had is one fan not plugged in and maybe xmp not flipped on, shit is easy and you would have to do it anyway. It's miles ahead of the pain and suffering of some of these people I see desperately trying to get the video card and processor they want lol. I have to deal with that shit enough at work, fuck dealing with it at home too. Get the PC you want and then you can format it or fuck with it all you want.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I personally would never buy a prebuilt, perhaps if i had no GPU id buy one just to take the GPU out and sell the rest to bring the GPU down to near MSRP. While shit is hard to get right now a prebuilt thats a toaster will net you a GPU for 2k or so - with a 3080 - then sell the other bs and youre near MSRP - its a bit of an extra step but imo all 3080s are the same - i dont care about that marginal difference in performance and alot of people are so hung up on it they will only look for that "1" card and end up with no card and complaining. The OMEN 3080s are triple fan and ive heard no complaints about them - and tbh if i would buy any prebuilt it would be an OMEN, just because of the simple dark look(after adding in 360AIO and unifans)

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I personally would never buy a prebuilt, perhaps if i had no GPU id buy one just to take the GPU out and sell the rest to bring the GPU down to near MSRP. While shit is hard to get right now a prebuilt thats a toaster will net you a GPU for 2k or so - with a 3080 - then sell the other bs and youre near MSRP - its a bit of an extra step but imo all 3080s are the same - i dont care about that marginal difference in performance and alot of people are so hung up on it they will only look for that "1" card and end up with no card and complaining. The OMEN 3080s are triple fan and ive heard no complaints about them - and tbh if i would buy any prebuilt it would be an OMEN, just because of the simple dark look(after adding in 360AIO and unifans)
I loved that part of brand loyalty at the 3080 release. Everyone was hell bent on Strix/Tuff Asus cards so I could snag a MSI Ventus really "easy". Might be no rgb unicorn lights on it but it performs like it should.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It wasn't just brand loyalty, it was the fact that they had dramatically different circuitry and that the shittier brands had VRMs that lit on fire.

Also everyone's customer service is awful compared to EVGA.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah... I mean, it took me months to buy a prebuilt for my wife with a 3070 in it. I have a rock solid gaming pc that just needs a video card for myself. Been trying to get a 3080 since Dec, so yeah, I sign up for the newegg shuffle every fucking day. I get that it sucks paying $1500 for a 3080ti when all I really want is a 3080, but at this point, if I can get it - I'll take it.

If I snag a 3080 ti and someone wants to trade me $500 and a 3080 base model for it, I'd be happy with that deal :p

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So glad I was able to get a 3080 and be done with this generation of GPUs. I’m definitely skipping the next generation of GPUs and probably the one after it. The current shortage and price spikes is just plain ridiculous. Granted I paid more than MRSP for it but after selling my 2070 super and 1080ti I almost recouped the total cost.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Nordic eurocuckistan chain is having a lottery / members club draw regularly for ps5 and rtx, prize is the, ugh, right to buy. This time it’s a PNY (ew ew ew ew) rtx3080ti at 14990 dkk. That’s roughly 2444 freedom bucks. This was the chip Gamers Nexus said sucked ballz, right? Fuck this chip shortage world.
120FCADD-6ACC-4F8C-983B-5804A4CB1B6E.jpeg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nordic eurocuckistan chain is having a lottery / members club draw regularly for ps5 and rtx, prize is the, ugh, right to buy. This time it’s a PNY (ew ew ew ew) rtx3080ti at 14990 dkk. That’s roughly 2444 freedom bucks. This was the chip Gamers Nexus said sucked ballz, right? Fuck this chip shortage world.
View attachment 356651
The chip is fine, its just not worth the added $500-$600 (US MSRP) over the vanilla 3080.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm thinking of scamazzing my GF into getting myself a better card.

She wants a new computer in August (she has some shitty Gateway from 2010), but knows absolutely jack and shit about them. I know for a fact I can convince her to buy one of those Omen's for 2k. Then I'd just swap out the 3080 for my 6700 XT. Problem is, I really want to stay away from Nvidia, because they're cocks.

Anybody know of solid prebuilts that come with AMD cards instead of Nvidia?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ive heard that AMD shit is even tougher to get then Nvidia because all their shit is tied up in consolitis right now. Ive heard end of summer is when they will be slowing the console shit down and making cards again en masse.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It wasn't just brand loyalty, it was the fact that they had dramatically different circuitry and that the shittier brands had VRMs that lit on fire.

Also everyone's customer service is awful compared to EVGA.

I agree with the circuitry issues, that was legit but most of these people never OCd and likely would have never "ever" run into an issue. This also goes to the Zotac hate thats so frequent, Zotac has multiple GPU drops a "week", and while they arent amazing they are still much beyond any 2000 series card (3080+) and being maybe marginally behind the other brands. However will you ever notice that difference? No not likely - fuck i dont even notice a difference in what i play from my 2080Ti to my 3090 and thats only because i dont play many graphically intensive games.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I noped out of this thread after I got Brahma's 1080ti. Coworker though is ready to join PC master race because his "gaming" labtop is struggling w/ tarkov.

Tried asking me what price to build something new that would be good/fine for current gen stuff. (IE with a decent processor/memory, another 1080ti would be fine I imagine)

Told him I can't even begin to guess as the graphics card alone has so much variability if you can find a non fucked up used card for decent price or get lucky with a 3 series. (Plus wasn't PSU's kinda scarce for a while.)

Told him I usually spend 2k on a new computer in the past, but not sure if he can make cheaper happen or not.

Any advice? Any of these pre build sites got something like a 3060ti/3070 or something at a sane price?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My 1070 was a zotac and it was fine. It wasnt the fastest 1070 out there but got a deal on it way back when for like $400 and it still runs on my kids computer like a champ, years later and probabaly 1000s of hours of gaming on it.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I noped out of this thread after I got Brahma's 1080ti. Coworker though is ready to join PC master race because his "gaming" labtop is struggling w/ tarkov.

Tried asking me what price to build something new that would be good/fine for current gen stuff. (IE with a decent processor/memory, another 1080ti would be fine I imagine)

Told him I can't even begin to guess as the graphics card alone has so much variability if you can find a non fucked up used card for decent price or get lucky with a 3 series. (Plus wasn't PSU's kinda scarce for a while.)

Told him I usually spend 2k on a new computer in the past, but not sure if he can make cheaper happen or not.

Any advice? Any of these pre build sites got something like a 3060ti/3070 or something at a sane price?
Prebuilts right now run anywhere from $2100 (shit to ok components with 3070) to $2600 ish with good/shit components and 3080. And anywhere in between. You can probabaly score a 3060 system for less than $2K as well.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
In normal times the 3080ti would be an 900 dollar GPU, 1000 for the variants.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
In normal times the 3080ti would be an 900 dollar GPU, 1000 for the variants.
Still not worth the $300 markup for 5%-8% performance, lol. Try like $800 and even then I would still opt for the 3080, lol.