NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just depends on total system wattage usage, cpu can use upwards of 300w depending on model - couple that with a gpu using 300+ and whatever else - 750w no longer the sweet spot you want to have as a PSU
Got ya. From the little I checked it seems the ryzen 3700x doesn't draw much power though, 90w under stress test. I guess some intels etc might draw alot more, especially if overclocked.

Edit: might have seen wrong about the ryzen power, need to check some more.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Got ya. From the little I checked it seems the ryzen 3700x doesn't draw much power though, 90w under stress test. I guess some intels etc might draw alot more, especially if overclocked.

Edit: might have seen wrong about the ryzen power, need to check some more.
Youre correct. Stock 3700x draws 90ish watts. Stock 10900k draws 130ish watts. OCd 10900k draws around 300 watts.

1598894427520.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I see some of you mention 850W for the theoretical 3080. Why would you need that much Wattage? If it is 70 to 100W more than a say 2080 super why the need to get a big ass PSU?
You really don't want to put more than 70% max load on your PSU on a regular basis. Efficiency drops way down, and it shortens the lifespan. You may have a nice warranty but it still sucks to be without a PSU for weeks while its processed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know you probably know where to find this, but some peeps might not...

View attachment 298296
For my new AOC Ultrawide, I've had to go with program-specific settings, versus global settings. Like turning on Gsync compatible, and AA 16x settings. I'm running at 120hz, so I'm gonna try your method, and hard set it for 117 max, and try that out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I dunno bros, might be worth it to wait. This random guy says;

Back on July 8th he also said;

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
"AMD really has something here!" Has come out of AMD and rumourmongers' mouths for many years now. Don't believe a thing.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This fps debate has me anxious, I was going for a 1440p 60hz IPS screen because I want good colours for once. The 144hz ones are even more expensive and you need more hardware to even run 1440p 144fps.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I recently went from 1080p 60hz to 1440p 170hz (OC'd) and the difference is night and day, more so the refresh rate than the resolution IMO. I got the ROG XG279Q and I love it, the colors are great and movement is super smooth. And you absolutely can see FPS differences up to your refresh rate cap, the smoothness is so nice. I'm eyeing the 3080 probably, hopefully can run most stuff on ultra at 1440p and near 170fps.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I was hoping to go 2060S -> 3060 but given the presumed timelines I might need to do the EVGA step-up to 3070 instead. My cutoff would be Nov 11.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
"AMD really has something here!" Has come out of AMD and rumourmongers' mouths for many years now. Don't believe a thing.
Ive been on the Nvidia train since uhh Geforce 2 days, but this guy seems to have legit inside info.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dont care about nvidia/amd - the only thing i care about is it being EVGA or MSI - sticking to Nvidia or AMD is pointless outside of driver issues - If AMD was still the dumpster fire it was driverwise a couple years ago id stay the fuck away. However havent had issues in some time, and their pricing has been better. Sure they didnt release a top end card last gen but thats not to say they couldnt. They released the 5700XT which last i recall beat out the 2070 super and cost less, if they can do that again but with something stronger than 2080ti im im all for it(on my testbench :D main rig has to go BIG! 3090!)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I dont care about nvidia/amd - the only thing i care about is it being EVGA or MSI - sticking to Nvidia or AMD is pointless outside of driver issues - If AMD was still the dumpster fire it was driverwise a couple years ago id stay the fuck away. However havent had issues in some time, and their pricing has been better. Sure they didnt release a top end card last gen but thats not to say they couldnt. They released the 5700XT which last i recall beat out the 2070 super and cost less, if they can do that again but with something stronger than 2080ti im im all for it(on my testbench :D main rig has to go BIG! 3090!)

Think I found a RL pic of Xexx Xexx

200.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Probably fake.

Reasoning? The bars are correctly scaled. You know Nvidia marketing loves to draw misleading bars.

Lol we apparently watched the same video where i got that from. The guy does mention this exact statement which is also why i said it may be fake. At any rate noon tomorrow prepare your wallet and buttcheeks for a nooner you wont forget.

nu_11

Lol we apparently watched the same video where i got that from. The guy does mention this exact statement which is also why i said it may be fake. At any rate noon tomorrow prepare your wallet and buttcheeks for a nooner you wont forget.
I haven't seen any videos.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I haven't seen any videos.

Odd the video i watched said the same thing you did word for word - that aside playing Remnant tonight i used around 350-420w or so on a 2080 super on my test bench - So going to a 3090 and AMD 4000 i imagine id be nearing 600 or so - out of the 850 i dont think sitting around 600-650 wouldnt be so bad.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
DO these go up for order tomorrow at 9am pacific or are they announcing when they go up for order? I want to snag a 3090 up if I can.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
DO these go up for order tomorrow at 9am pacific or are they announcing when they go up for order? I want to snag a 3090 up if I can.
Don't want to wait for AMD's response to see if pricing changes or they drop an actual answer?