NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
None of the high end OLED or QLED monitors are heavy. I have a 50 inch QLED but it would be awkward as fuck at my desk. A 40 or 43 inch could work though.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hate to ask. Can you take a pic? How heavy is the monitor/tv?
Not sure maybe 40 lbs? Weight doesn’t really matter for wall mount, you run massive screws into your studs.

4C5B9A4B-DD67-40B5-B9DB-67E8E57A84F1.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Nope, when i first went to a 34inch UW i felt the same way i do about when i went to the 48inch - now it just feels 100% normal. The only thing better would be a UW 38inch OLED version but the CX48 is by far the best experience ive had thus far for anything being used as a monitor. I talked 2 others into getting them and they now feel quite spoiled also. Alot of it is just the fact its an OLED and nothing else just comes close to how games and content look on it.

As far as the chair its something from Office Depot - I tried gaming chairs(lol secret labs sucks) and those gimmicky bullshits have nothing on a good executive chair - ive had it 3 years and its still like new as far as the cushion and such.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Nope, when i first went to a 34inch UW i felt the same way i do about when i went to the 48inch - now it just feels 100% normal. The only thing better would be a UW 38inch OLED version but the CX48 is by far the best experience ive had thus far for anything being used as a monitor. I talked 2 others into getting them and they now feel quite spoiled also. Alot of it is just the fact its an OLED and nothing else just comes close to how games and content look on it.

As far as the chair its something from Office Depot - I tried gaming chairs(lol secret labs sucks) and those gimmicky bullshits have nothing on a good executive chair - ive had it 3 years and its still like new as far as the cushion and such.
How much issue do you have reflections? Having just ordered a C1 i'm debating on redoing where my desk is to avoid some light sources.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I have had no issues with gaming on it that close. When I first got it I was like “oh shit this may have been too big” but I got used to it really quickly. My aeron chair with the headrest I can lean back fairly far too, although I don’t really need to.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I have zero reflections - put it like this - if you have never even seen an OLED and you bought this youd feel like you stepped on another realm of existence lol. Ive gone through tons of monitors and this is far and away the best overall experience. I dont even mind its only 120hz but i dont feel i need more for anything.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Won shuffle for 3070 vision LHR and aorus mobo that has 2/5 star with a ton of complaints about it dying quickly before and again after rma. I think I’ll pass on this 😹

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Won shuffle for 3070 vision LHR and aorus mobo that has 2/5 star with a ton of complaints about it dying quickly before and again after rma. I think I’ll pass on this 😹
Is it the Aorus Pro? Mine died after 1 bootup. Didn't even bother with RMA and just switched to ASUS instead.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Yeah, that's a reason I'm not going to buy an Aorus monitor because some Linus paid sponsorship told me to.

I use a 43" 4k LG at work and just split it into 4 for that, plus document monitor, and can always go fullscreen. I could totally make it work for home too, but I'm enjoying ultrawide for now.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
best buy dropping FEs tomorrow at open, lines already

list of stores that will sell them, most will have 8-20 of each FE model 3080 FE, 3090 FE, 3080ti, etc

unless you live in a jihadi or amish area there will probably be lines already tonight for it
Wtf is that dude talking about “ weird no one is bitching they’re ruining the neighborhood “ what Best Buy is in someone’s neighborhood? I’m so tired of seeing people’s stupid opinions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user