NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Its created a dynamic that will be hard to break.

You have a job and you're taking your vacation time to sit in line at a store. You don't have a job and you should be spending that time finding a job. You are getting paid peanuts by your betters to sit in line and should use that time to find a job instead of peeing in a bag to buy some assholes stuff.

It's a bad look all around.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You have a job and you're taking your vacation time to sit in line at a store. You don't have a job and you should be spending that time finding a job. You are getting paid peanuts by your betters to sit in line and should use that time to find a job instead of peeing in a bag to buy some assholes stuff.

These people dont have a regular job, flipping cards IS their job.

spronk

FPS noob
if you make minimum wage you are getting $80-100/day, or $1600-2000/month.

A single 3080FE card will net you $500-600 for 6-10 hours of literally no effort. If you are really into the flip game, you can make way more. Of course the specialized knowledge is in knowing what to buy, how to buy it in such a way that you can repeat performance, figuring out ways to buy a lot more of high value goods, and most importantly selling to the right places and people. One single fucked up ebay transaction and you'll wipe out 8-10 sales, the equivalent of BLM looters stealing all your nikes at a portland shoe store.

Henry said it best

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I put card flippers up there with MLMs, people who got rich off GME, and crypto millionaires hundredaires.

A handful make money to live off of. The rest are probably not even making minimum wage once time etc is tossed in.

It's the same shit in every resale market. When I was an auctioneer we would get all these people coming in who were going to make it like the dudes on american pickers, storage wars etc. Within a few months/year they were doing something else when reality hit.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Here's to hoping I can just walk up tomorrow and get one. Fuck all that waiting in line shit, esp because it's storming here loool. My town isn't even showing up on the line tracker.

All the real money makers flipping this shit won't be standing in line. They've all moved to bots or have a union of hungry teenagers and bored old people standing in line for them; usually when they are doing a lotto brick/mortar only drops. Aside from them it's a buncha lowlifes mimicking the trend, getting a quick buck.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
if you make minimum wage you are getting $80-100/day, or $1600-2000/month.

A single 3080FE card will net you $500-600 for 6-10 hours of literally no effort. If you are really into the flip game, you can make way more. Of course the specialized knowledge is in knowing what to buy, how to buy it in such a way that you can repeat performance, figuring out ways to buy a lot more of high value goods, and most importantly selling to the right places and people. One single fucked up ebay transaction and you'll wipe out 8-10 sales, the equivalent of BLM looters stealing all your nikes at a portland shoe store.

Henry said it best
That final point is what kept me from doing it, really. I have the capital (more or less) to invest in the bot and the proxies and the time, etc. The one thing I don't have is the trust in selling to people giving what I have experiencing buying from people: I would never trust random shitbags on the internet as customers to do anything but try to scam/fuck you. If you are doing this big time/medium-large scale, those bags of dicks get lost in the numbers, because surely there are more good people than assholes and if you are charging going rate prices for your stuff, you shouldn't get more than the statistical average. If you are just doing it as a side hustle, then a single blown transaction can rob you of dozens of hours of work and effort. In the end, the opportunity costs just seemed too high for me personally. I still have a PS5 in a box here that I bought for a co-worker who changed his mind and I can't find anyone to whom I trust enough to sell it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Here's to hoping I can just walk up tomorrow and get one. Fuck all that waiting in line shit, esp because it's storming here loool. My town isn't even showing up on the line tracker.

All the real money makers flipping this shit won't be standing in line. They've all moved to bots or have a union of hungry teenagers and bored old people standing in line for them; usually when they are doing a lotto brick/mortar only drops. Aside from them it's a buncha lowlifes mimicking the trend, getting a quick buck.
FEs are the best resell tho - i tried the bot thing but i eventually just stopped doing everything.

Fadaar

That guy

To be fair, my work schedule is Fri/Sat/Sun. Unless I decide to work OT I have Mon-Thurs off every week.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That final point is what kept me from doing it, really. I have the capital (more or less) to invest in the bot and the proxies and the time, etc. The one thing I don't have is the trust in selling to people giving what I have experiencing buying from people: I would never trust random shitbags on the internet as customers to do anything but try to scam/fuck you. If you are doing this big time/medium-large scale, those bags of dicks get lost in the numbers, because surely there are more good people than assholes and if you are charging going rate prices for your stuff, you shouldn't get more than the statistical average. If you are just doing it as a side hustle, then a single blown transaction can rob you of dozens of hours of work and effort. In the end, the opportunity costs just seemed too high for me personally. I still have a PS5 in a box here that I bought for a co-worker who changed his mind and I can't find anyone to whom I trust enough to sell it.
I mean in person Facebook marketplace meeting at a pd or something is better than having that $600 anchor. Much less risk of scam in cash in person.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Weird, just use ebay? I've sold more or less 25 PS5s locally and 3 of those went to friends at cost. I dont trust humans in general so all my local meets are done at police stations since they have cameras in parking lots. I've used ebay for years and never had an issue there either since i require adult sig and delivery verification on everything i ship - no way anyone will dispute it. Today i got up at 630am popped 3 oxy and stood in line at BB for 2hr to snag some cards, many people out there were selling the cards as they walked out of BB. PS5s still net a not too shabby profit. I havent resold anything in a while but i think you can generally still make $200 off each system and if you have the time and nothing else to do its easy money.

Anyways picked up a 3080Ti to go into a Fractal Torrent i have here. By the time the BB peeps got to me in line they had 3090s, 3080Tis, and 2 3060Ti's. I am pretty sure the only way to get FEs going forward will be BB local drops and thats a good thing since they store up a large supply for a monthly or bi-monthly large drop - My BB had 190 cards and everyone in line was able to get a card unless you showed up AFTER 7:30am. At 11am people who did not show up to pay for the card they picked lost rights and the remaining turned into a FFA.

First BB drop a month ago gf got a 3090 - this drop a 3080Ti, so if youre still looking for card at MSRP id recommend keeping eye out for the end of September for another drop and just suck it up and go there 90min before designated time. However i was also lucky it was storming here so line could have been worse.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Oh I had my L5S1 fused 45ish days ago. So this was fun with an umbrella and my back brace. Doctors said they wanted me active and on my feet so I was complying!

66749FA9-40BE-42B1-9BB8-A0C294ED205F.jpeg

Going to be this winters build, with alder lake when it comes out. That’s pending I ever can get rid of my current system. This one will be all airflow tho, I’m tempted to use that new cooler intel and ekwb came up with to cool the new chip but I may just use an all black noctua and call it a day.

2hr wait, and like $300 in BB rewards made this quite the deal.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider