NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
EVGA wants to sell me a 3080 but it's kind of a lot?

1631568347989.png

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just realized I did not queue for the 3080s on EVGAs website. But I did for the 3060s and 3070s... Fuckkkkk lol. Oh well, the 3060ti is really solid so far.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I am talking about Xexx. Were I a three dimensional solid of alcohol, I might make a joke about Mist trying to make everything about himself, but alas, I am not that.

Trying to get by on a 1060TI makes me wonder if instead of trying to buy from latest generation, just buy whatever costs $XXX, where XXX is what I think a GPU "should" cost. Is this feasible or has supply gotten so bad that cheap previous gen doesn't even exist anymore?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I am talking about Xexx. Were I a three dimensional solid of alcohol, I might make a joke about Mist trying to make everything about himself, but alas, I am not that.

Trying to get by on a 1060TI makes me wonder if instead of trying to buy from latest generation, just buy whatever costs $XXX, where XXX is what I think a GPU "should" cost. Is this feasible or has supply gotten so bad that cheap previous gen doesn't even exist anymore?
The prices are all high. US govt gave people thousands and thousands of dollars whether you were employed or not. Unemployed people got more money than they’ve ever made in their life. Everything is more expensive, with some areas like graphics cards and used cars ridiculously so. It’s bleeding into other sectors too as the labor shortage has forced companies to raise wages for low end employees, offer OT bonuses, flat % raises, sign on bonuses, etc. They’re passing that on to consumers.

I went to buy a refrigerator today and they raised the price 20%, out of nowhere. Fortunately the old stickers were still on it so I got it at yesterday’s price, but they were peeling them off and replacing when they realized it hadn’t been updated yet. Expect 20-30%+ cost increases on everything over the next months and year. Permanent increases.

The previous gen is only cheap when compared to current.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

No, seems you’re mistaken, In todays current economy finding a gpu at msrp alone is a unicorn, so find it at msrp and mention it potentially being a lot is silly. Bitch and whine at the market all you want but I know from experience that thirsty gamers would be trying to hack his evga account to send it to themselves. So I stand by my comment of not being able to tell if serious or not. People may not agree with the current trend of msrp on cards but remember to some people msrp is what’s on eBay.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No, seems you’re mistaken, In todays current economy finding a gpu at msrp alone is a unicorn, so find it at msrp and mention it potentially being a lot is silly. Bitch and whine at the market all you want but I know from experience that thirsty gamers would be trying to hack his evga account to send it to themselves. So I stand by my comment of not being able to tell if serious or not. People may not agree with the current trend of msrp on cards but remember to some people msrp is what’s on eBay.
You're arguing supply and demand, I'm arguing ethics. So, yeah, kinda seems like you're part of the problem.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The prices are all high. US govt gave people thousands and thousands of dollars whether you were employed or not. Unemployed people got more money than they’ve ever made in their life. Everything is more expensive, with some areas like graphics cards and used cars ridiculously so. It’s bleeding into other sectors too as the labor shortage has forced companies to raise wages for low end employees, offer OT bonuses, flat % raises, sign on bonuses, etc. They’re passing that on to consumers.

I went to buy a refrigerator today and they raised the price 20%, out of nowhere. Fortunately the old stickers were still on it so I got it at yesterday’s price, but they were peeling them off and replacing when they realized it hadn’t been updated yet. Expect 20-30%+ cost increases on everything over the next months and year. Permanent increases.

The previous gen is only cheap when compared to current.
So, that's done, right? When's this shit all coming crashing down?

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Depends on where you source the GPU - ALLLLLLLLLLLLL AMD AIB GPUs are inflated - All Zotac GPUs are inflated - However thats kind of where it stops - EVGA prices are normal, FEs normal, ASUS kinda gets dumb especially Strix models - GPU prices are generally high now yes but not inflated.

Pcpartpicker - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qtTp7X - this is cost of my current system minus ram and ssd's without factoring in all the water cooling parts. The LDU as a GPU was costly but im quite ok with it since i havent hit 40c on it yet. It runs must lower temp wise than the 3090 FE i had on the EKWB SE block. Not to mention i got it free since someone bought it just to get my 3090 in the SE block. So it depends how you see it, $5400 may seem like a lot which it is, but when would you need to upgrade again? 8k gaming is so far away even tmsc hitting 1-2nm in 4-6 years wont make that a reality. However i upgrade yearly if not a couple times a year mainly bc i build as a hobby and resell my systems at cost just to build something else. Yeah i did "resell" cards at one point but that was back when 200 over cost was "omfg you should die scalper!" was considered alot and bestbuy bypass wasnt a thing - those days are long gone now.
GPU chiplets might make it a reality sooner than you imagine with AMD essentially doubling a 6900xt in a generation. I'm not sure if the scaling is known yet but nothing but the power envelope stopping them from going 4x in a generation by just doing a quad of chiplets.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, that's done, right? When's this shit all coming crashing down?
Until we get leadership in America that gives a fuck?

We're already forecasting out to 2022 and this shit isn't slowing down, only ramping up. China is using it against us as well. Randomly shutting down ports for a week here, week there, etc.

Now, I don't work in computer hardware, but I work in transportation that deals directly with China and freight forwarders.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You're arguing supply and demand, I'm arguing ethics. So, yeah, kinda seems like you're part of the problem.
You’re a bit of an idiot to even mention that, where have you been the past 8 months? Everyone in this thread knows I was selling gpus and quite content with it and not like I was the only one in the thread that did it. Fact remains a 3080 at msrp is a unicorn, also last I saw evga raised prices of all cards by $20 just today or yesterday. Bitcoin may be down a bit but Eth went back up along with the value of said cards. It will be a while before shit changes, just wait to see how bad and thirsty people get this holiday season.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
GPU chiplets might make it a reality sooner than you imagine with AMD essentially doubling a 6900xt in a generation. I'm not sure if the scaling is known yet but nothing but the power envelope stopping them from going 4x in a generation by just doing a quad of chiplets.
That is interesting but if they did that suddenly they’d leave money on the table, and does it seem like any of these manufacturers plan on leaving even a penny in someone’s pockets? 😂
Every time I see a 6700XT that cost over $800 in reminded of how much board partners scalp consumers before the card gets in the hands of anyone else.