NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Pay $200 and not be able to buy what you were hoping for. It's like I can see the future.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
the other big must own tech item, pokemon elite trainer card box sets, are also now locked behind the $200 sub :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Do they actually have a list of items behind this sub?
Curious about this as well. I actually have a few TVs that will need mounting after moving in a couple of months - that sub might actually be worth it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
after sitting on the marketplace for 2 weeks.............

yeeesh

its tough to get a card without getting a complete piece of shit rig. The IBUYPOWER prebuilt are atrocious for the money and use terrible parts. "settling" for a piece of shit rig just to get a capable graphics card at a far price is quite the pickle.

And by fair price I mean 1,440. I won't pay anymore for a GPU than that

Last edited:

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Microcenter's 1500 dollars for a 6800XT is bullshit. I don't care if that is what scalpers are charging for them.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
microcenter's gouge is disgusting. they charge scalp on both AMD and Nvidia for in-store buys. the actual in-store buys are scalp prices across both makes.

it makes absolutely 0 sense to charge scalp rates on instore buys. Its just plain faggotry.

For example their competitor IBUYPOWER isn't charging scalp rates. inflated rates, yes, but firmly away from scalp rates. microcenter is in lockstep with scalper rates. its disappointing considering how much community support and reviews they get.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
microcenter's gouge is disgusting. they charge scalp on both AMD and Nvidia for in-store buys. the actual in-store buys are scalp prices across both makes.

it makes absolutely 0 sense to charge scalp rates on instore buys. Its just plain faggotry.

For example their competitor IBUYPOWER isn't charging scalp rates. inflated rates, yes, but firmly away from scalp rates. microcenter is in lockstep with scalper rates. its disappointing considering how much community support and reviews they get.

JUST went thru this with Microcenter. They give zero fucks. Commission for the sales reps does not help at all.

I went to build a PC and I am spending well over 2K on parts, and was going to have them build it. Went to get a video card? None were under $1600 bucks or whatever. I tried to get the manager to just LOOK at AMD's site for the 6900XT with a MSRP of $999. No go. They wanted $2000 bucks for a bullshit Asrock 6900XT. His response was "Not the same card manufacturer". Ok cool.

Went to Newegg...couldn't find the part match, and it wasn't in stock at the time. Couple of their rules for price match. They wouldn't even try to save me 300-400 bucks on what would be close to a $4000 total purchase.

They lost $250 on a build (I got un-lazy and built it myself), and a sale of a video card at $1500 bucks, because they wouldn't even TRY and save me a few hundred bucks. I then was a dick, and sat there for an hour pulling up every part they could price match, and nickeled and dimed them for almost $200 bucks.

Fuck Microcenter.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I then was a dick, and sat there for an hour pulling up every part they could price match, and nickeled and dimed them for almost $200 bucks.

You sure showed them by spending only $3,800.00!

Rofl

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You sure showed them by spending only $3,800.00!

Rofl

*sigh*

They lost $250 on a build (I got un-lazy and built it myself), and a sale of a video card at $1500 bucks, because they wouldn't even TRY and save me a few hundred bucks.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
It's early. Or was. Lol

So 2250?

Either way you should have walked. Give your dollars to someone willing too work with you instead of someone fleecing you

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

it makes absolutely 0 sense to charge scalp rates on instore buys.
Supply and demand?