NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
More than anything I'd like to just smack you for the 1300w PSU. And maybe the money on the rainbow shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
MB and PSU are the obvious overspends.

The Corsair fans are also absurd, but I don't know what the LianLi fans are going for these days.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
"You want the extra power for the eventual 3090, next gen anyway. 1,000w could cap". In my head im thinking no way AMD chipset is going to cap at 1,000w. It was selight of hand since he had control of the terminal and was taking the order.
Yeah, he really got you there. At 90% load of an 5950X plus Nvidia 3090 comes total to around 650W, so a 850W PSU would've be enough for nice 80% load on full throttle.

In my opinion you should've bought a cheaper X470 board if you didn't want a fan on the motherboard. The 5900X would be cheaper, but only buy the 5950X if you are not only gaming and need the cores for things like rendering, encoding, or maybe compiling. A 5600X now, plus upgrading later to the next Ryzen with 3D cache coming in 2022 would've been better.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, he really got you there. At 90% load of an 5950X plus Nvidia 3090 comes total to around 650W, so a 850W PSU would've be enough for nice 80% load on full throttle.

In my opinion you should've bought a cheaper X470 board if you didn't want a fan on the motherboard. The 5900X would be cheaper, but only buy the 5950X if you are not only gaming and need the cores for things like rendering, encoding, or maybe compiling. A 5600X now, plus upgrading later to the next Ryzen with 3D cache coming in 2022 would've been better.

It got reactions from the checkout line including the cashier. I'm feeling the ballstomp from the 1,300 PSU today.

Is there any use for it at all? SLI? Maybe quietness since it'd be under a fraction of load. I know with future Intel chipsets maybe you could see near 1000w draw if the trend continues from the recent offerings.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
More than anything I'd like to just smack you for the 1300w PSU. And maybe the money on the rainbow shit.
Really? I want to kick him in the balls for spending $139 on Windows 10 HOME Edition. ROFL.

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 9 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think it's just the Microcenter offerings aren't that great.

1634850257120.png

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Nah, man. You really need Windows Server. It loads Minesweeper 5% faster.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Are those keys legit or just volume keys that won't re-activate if you ever have to reinstall?

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Are those keys legit or just volume keys that won't re-activate if you ever have to reinstall?
I got $10 keys off reddit and have had zero issues reactivating. All my keys are tied to the respective user of the computers in the house (wife/kids/me) MS account however.

spronk

FPS noob
i guess black people like car rims and white people like overpriced pc parts

asians are degenerate gamblers?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The biggest kicks to the nuts were

3900x Matisse ----> 5950x
MSI X570 Tomahawk ----> Asus ROG Dark Hero
850w Seasonic -----> 1,300w EVGA

Pretty senseless overkill. I wanted no motherboard fan and a few other offerings of the Dark Hero, pushed it over the edge in the moment.

What happened was I got locked out of my Microcenter account while in the store because it's sensitive to just 2 failed password attempts-- and requires a support ticket created to unlock again, which wasn't happening. I just drove a fucking hour to get there. And the sales rep had some problems at one of the terminals so on the walk over to a new terminal he was already building energy since now he got to interject on every single part and took control of the interaction as if it's a build from scratch. Which it was from scratch, since I got locked out of my account.

"Not much difference on the 3900x in gaming, but Steam loaded faster for me with the 5950x. It was noticeable, there's no loading pause at all". Ehhhhhhh OK, sold.

The PSU had to be worked up from 1,000w and I still don't know how we got to 1,300w. It had to do with the efficiency ratings. The 1000w wasn't the rating I wanted to keep from the 850w. So he whipped out the 1,300 and said X dollars more. Followed by killer pauses and freezing of hands. "Take a look". IDK. Try looking again. Oh I guess since I can't get the 1,000w I'm looking for. "You want the extra power for the eventual 3090, next gen anyway. 1,000w could cap". In my head im thinking no way AMD chipset is going to cap at 1,000w. It was sleight of hand since he had control of the terminal and was taking the order.

View attachment 378255

You probably spent an extra 1200 bucks IMO. That PSU, MB and even that proc. And obviously the 250 build fee. There a reason you wanted the ML Corsair fans? Can get similar Corsair RGB fans for almost half that price. I guess it's too late if they started the build. Worth a try to call them and return some of those items for cheaper "you can't tell the difference" parts unless you're a Disney animator. Pics when you get the machine home.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
MB and PSU are the obvious overspends.

The Corsair fans are also absurd, but I don't know what the LianLi fans are going for these days.

Those are the "best" Corsair fans. Kinda like buying a 400 dollar toaster. You still just browning bread. Pushing some air.

That ASSociate talkin to his co workers in the back about spending your money...

jurassic-park-spared-no-expense.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users