1636254359927.png

• 12Worf
  • 2Galaxy Brain
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 15 users

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
got any independent benches not done by intel

There are plenty of reviews up on sites like Tom's Hardware showing Alder Lake has definitively retaken the performance crown, and sometimes by a significant margin. AMD still wins on power efficiency, but with your 1300w psu that shouldn't really be your concern. AMD is claiming 15% performance uptick with their Zen 3 with v cache or whatever as well, but those aren't out yet. Zen 4 is probably not that far on the horizon either. Bottom line is that you spent an exorbitant sum on the cream of the crop of the prior generation right before a huge generational leap in performance.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
There are plenty of reviews up on sites like Tom's Hardware showing Alder Lake has definitively retaken the performance crown, and sometimes by a significant margin. AMD still wins on power efficiency, but with your 1300w psu that shouldn't really be your concern. AMD is claiming 15% performance uptick with their Zen 3 with v cache or whatever as well, but those aren't out yet. Zen 4 is probably not that far on the horizon either. Bottom line is that you spent an exorbitant sum on the cream of the crop of the prior generation right before a huge generational leap in performance.

Forget the generational leap. He spent a lot of money unnecessarily, AND was told he was doing so.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I opened up my z690 Aorus and saw a usb drive inside and literally died wondering why no other boards have put their dam drivers on them. Maybe others have before but i know none of the previous MSI or Gigabyte boards ive owned had them on drives instead of a dumb CD. Perhaps they just dont give you usb drives until you spend $900 on a board.
cd costs like .01c to make and distribute and you cya by saying "yes i provided outdated system drivers"...

when everyone will just go online anyway to get drivers when they do an install.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm not going to let a whippersnapper like spronk tell me my apples ain't what they oughtta be.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

So you agree the PSU in question is safe from next generation chipsets in terms of necessary replacement, and thereby is safe from future -- future proofed. Meanwhile 3090 alder lake setups will in fact threaten 1,000 watt PSUs in some circumstances. Glad we're on the same page.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
So you agree the PSU in question is safe from next generation chipsets in terms of necessary replacement, and thereby is safe from future -- future proofed. Glad we're on the same page.

No, the power supply is probably even less future proof than the rest of your outdated system since ATX12VO is coming and will probably be mandated due to climate change or something soon enough