NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Quite a bit but I expect that to come down pretty fast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'll probably wait until we see DDR5 kits with better rated timings to jump in on this platform, but I hate my 9700K as a daily driver and plan to retire it to being a PC for my TV, and I will be very interested in picking up a 12600K or a 12700K.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
If you need a new computer, go for it. If you have something in the last 2-3 years, wait for the next refresh and higher binned DDR5 to see if it has a significant uplift.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Picked up the z690 Aorus Extreme and the corsair block for my 12900k. Now I just need to sell off my 5950x set up, going to miss my 3800CL14.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Xexx Xexx you in on this early?
Remember I don't game as much as I fiddle. I generally have more fun putting systems together than playing games in them. The hard part is offloading them when you're done since nowadays people only want pre-built rubbish for cards or cheap PCs with good gpus. I put 7k in my water setup and I'll be lucky if I get 5500 from that.

Right now I have everything for the new setup but ram. I hesitated and decided to wait on gskill but they haven't put any of the good ram out yet.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Remember I don't game as much as I fiddle. I generally have more fun putting systems together than playing games in them. The hard part is offloading them when you're done since nowadays people only want pre-built rubbish for cards or cheap PCs with good gpus. I put 7k in my water setup and I'll be lucky if I get 5500 from that.

Right now I have everything for the new setup but ram. I hesitated and decided to wait on gskill but they haven't put any of the good ram out yet.
Open a webstore?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Open a webstore?
Haven't given it any thought, was mostly listing on eBay and Facebook. I suppose I could look into it and the logistics of it all. If I could somehow get a line on low end gpus direct then it wouldn't sound so annoying. Otherwise I'd have to go back to scalping methods to get gpus and even that isn't a given. The ones hard-core at scalping spend 3-4k a month on it's and such alone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Wonder if it was targeted or just random

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Wonder if it was targeted or just random

William Gibson in 'Neuromancer' said:
Crouching on the brown temperfoam slab that was both floor and bed, Case took Shin's .22 from his pocket and put it on top of the cooler. Then he took off his jacket. The coffin's terminal was molded into one concave wall, opposite a panel listing house rules in seven languages. Case took the pink handset from its cradle and punched a Hongkong number from memory. He let it ring five times, then hung up. His buyer for the three megabytes of hot RAM in the Hitachi wasn't taking calls.
It's just more proof that we're hurtling towards the cyberpunk dystopia we warned ourselves about.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
three megabytes
back to the future 121 gigawatts GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone have any idea why a PC would suddenly go into "slow motion" for a few seconds while playing games or playing video? It's not that the FPS drops, it's that the whole thing slows way down for a few seconds. Video literally goes into slow motion (tried many different players including VLC and MPC-HC/BE with madVR). Games do the same thing, even old and easy to run games like Terraria. When this happens, I can alt tab to something like HWMonitor or Task manager to see what might be taxing the system but there's never any high CPU processes running or high temps or anything like that.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Does anyone have any idea why a PC would suddenly go into "slow motion" for a few seconds while playing games or playing video? It's not that the FPS drops, it's that the whole thing slows way down for a few seconds. Video literally goes into slow motion (tried many different players including VLC and MPC-HC/BE with madVR). Games do the same thing, even old and easy to run games like Terraria. When this happens, I can alt tab to something like HWMonitor or Task manager to see what might be taxing the system but there's never any high CPU processes running or high temps or anything like that.
Might be some kind of Nvidia or windows DVR type stuff turned on?

Break

Might be some kind of Nvidia or windows DVR type stuff turned on?
Not that I know of, never really used those features anyway, I mostly play blu ray rips etc. Might just have to reinstall windows 10. I did just uninstall like 10 crap apps I never use like nzxt CAM and a bunch of other stuff, will see if that helped and if not maybe reinstall.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Have a browser open? I know certain websites will absolutely destroy performance even on a 5800XT/3080ti when I am gaming.

Break

Have a browser open? I know certain websites will absolutely destroy performance even on a 5800XT/3080ti when I am gaming.
Almost always yeah, but it does it with no other apps running, that's one of the first things I tried. I'm just at a loss what could possibly cause it. Like I could understand a background app causing a game's FPS to drop from 100 down to 20 for a bit, but normally the actual game should keep ticking at the same speed generally speaking. You should still be able to fire the same number of arrows so to speak, albiet at a lower FPS. Whatever is happening it's like it's causing the whole CPU to go into slow motion like a really old PC where you un-turbo the 386 down to 286 speeds so everything is slow motion.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

If youtube or a browser is open close it. Make sure hardware acceleration is off on browser. Can also make sure the fps on Nvidia panel is accurate.