NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If you qualify for one of their discounts, (educational, military, first responder, etc) you can get the New G9 for $1650.

View attachment 384028

Hard to buy this when C1 48 is so much better. If you can fit this then no reason to not get the C1.

For those of you who still haven't experienced an OLED, you're missing out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
If you have a screen that is nearly exclusively for forums, Discord, etc then a vertical monitor is amazing. If you play any type of video on it, then it gets a little weird, but not totally unusable. if you are thinking of getting a 2nd monitor anyway, maybe just get one that can rotate, and you can try it out, and if you don't like it can just put it back horizontal?
This basically mirrors my opinion. If you watch video on it, then just leave it horizontal. For me a vertical monitor is more something of a third monitor, or maybe a second monitor to an ultrawide. It really does have to be a text only monitor

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Hard to buy this when C1 48 is so much better. If you can fit this then no reason to not get the C1.

For those of you who still haven't experienced an OLED, you're missing out.
I know the C1 is bomb, but this is a fantastic work monitor for me, the curve is great. Can use the left side as a 2nd monitor for my work laptop and the right side is my personal PC. As McDonald's says, i'm lovin it

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Third monitor doesn't really work for me since that's essentially my work laptop. Even with an 80 inch desk, not sure where I would put that.

spronk

FPS noob
42 LG C2s coming next year, announcement at CES but its a poorly kept secret. 120hz VRR/gsync

and yeah the G9 Neo is cool but the ultra wide is just a bit too goofy I think for many people. The 48 C1 is ~1k so the 42 C2 should be $700-800 I think, even cheaper on sale. I'm super happy with my Alienware 34 IPS gSync but if it dies i'll replace with a 42 C2, then ill have a C2 main and a C1 65 for movies/games next to it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Third monitor doesn't really work for me since that's essentially my work laptop. Even with an 80 inch desk, not sure where I would put that.

This is the setup I've landed on as optimal for work/games. Vertical monitor is pretty fucking nice to dump teams/slack/discord in to for text scrolling. Ultrawide is enough screen real-estate for terminals, text editors, etc. Top is for web portal bullshit/jira/confluence/twitch.

Need to replace the ultrawide eventually though, as it's a cheapo VA panel and it looks like shit in games.

20211123_155149.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ignorance is bliss. My 34" UW VA Panel looks great!! The 42" C2 is gonna take the cake though. No reason not to game on that bad boy.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

This is the setup I've landed on as optimal for work/games. Vertical monitor is pretty fucking nice to dump teams/slack/discord in to for text scrolling. Ultrawide is enough screen real-estate for terminals, text editors, etc. Top is for web portal bullshit/jira/confluence/twitch.

Need to replace the ultrawide eventually though, as it's a cheapo VA panel and it looks like shit in games.

View attachment 384071

It's Star Trek II, gotta think 3D sir!

Wife just put one of these on her desk, loves it.

1637712105386.png

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah i can see myself downsizing to the 42inch C2 - well depends on feature set because im totally happy with my 48 - the 42 is just a bit smaller, id want a 38inch UW w/ 144hz refresh @ 1000 nits and VRR.

spronk

FPS noob
seems like another good PC albeit expensive. sadly it doesnt have a 1200W PSU

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not sure you can use it unless you have 1200PSU, perhaps find one with a 6700XT and a 1600PSU?

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
seems like another good PC albeit expensive. sadly it doesnt have a 1200W PSU

Does this have a $300 Windows 10 Home key included?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So fucking glad I pulled the trigger on my 6700 XT. I got a ton of shit for $800 on a video card, but in Joe Biden's America that was a steal.

• 1Worf

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
6700XT for $800 is alot in my book since the 6800XT rederence is 649.

AMD queue is pretty much same time every week.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So fucking glad I pulled the trigger on my 6700 XT. I got a ton of shit for $800 on a video card, but in Joe Biden's America that was a steal.
You realize the 25% Trump tariffs are still in place on GPUs, right? The GPU exclusion expired in early January 2021.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You're a fuckin' retard.

But not wrong, also doesn't help card manufacturers know they can sell these cards at higher prices. For Nvidia they've got the entire base blind on RT and DLSS that's adopted on sooooo few games that its irrelevant but they can't help but factor it into their gpu purchase.

Fastest air Cooled card is the 3090 Suprim, Fastest water Cooled card is the LDU. LDU stomps on Suprim, but because people say "but but rays needs to be traced!", suckers fall in line.

To this day I've not turned on DLSS or RT. In fact the first thing I turn off or lower in settings is shadows.