NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Oh I’m good to go bro. I’m gonna wreck this release. Manchildren will pay PRIMO for these new cards.

i left all the discords so will be a pita to get the skus ahead of releas especially Amazon.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
i left all the discords so will be a pita to get the skus ahead of releas especially Amazon.
Sucks for you. I can’t imagine having to rely on discord channels for that info. Oof..

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So where is the best place to get in a queue or something for a 3070 to buy at MSRP?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So where is the best place to get in a queue or something for a 3070 to buy at MSRP?
Shoot for a 3080 and pray things return to sanity in 3-4 years or assume it's your last card until the collapse of society.

Otherwise no useful answer, been looking for a card off and on all year. With work i can't camp best buy and I won't bot our buy an entire prebuilt. Not yet anyways.

New egg shuffle is a long shot but at least it's a fairly easy to do weekday lottery. Just got to make sure to meet the time window to bid or check out if you win

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shoot for a 3080 and pray things return to sanity in 3-4 years or assume it's your last card until the collapse of society.

Otherwise no useful answer, been looking for a card off and on all year. With work i can't camp best buy and I won't bot our buy an entire prebuilt. Not yet anyways.

New egg shuffle is a long shot but at least it's a fairly easy to do weekday lottery. Just got to make sure to meet the time window to bid or check out if you win
Ehhh, Antonline bundles are not bad, and it's EVGA bundles, so the cheapest price you'll pay for cards. You get a power supply, maybe a processor, mouse/keyboard. I don't mind it, and they drop their bundles quite often.

As mentioned Newegg shuffle isn't bad either. I'm lucky and have won it a couple of different times. Best Buy's drop is usually Thursday mornings, 8am-9am PST. If you can carve out 10 minutes around that time you might have a chance to get something.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

How to I queue for a 3080 then god damn?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
How to I queue for a 3080 then god damn?

AMD Direct imo.

6700xt isnt a bad card, 6800 is solid.

Took me 2 tries to get a 6700xt, tried a 3rd time for a 6800, then quit messing w/ it.

That was 3 months ago.

Crone

Trying out a new setup where I moved my computer into the guest room along with my 55" OLED. Putting my 6900XT to work on this 4k display and it's no surprise that it looks fucking better than the screens I was using. Trying to figure out some of the desk to recliner logistics still, but I think it'll work out pretty well. Have to learn that nothing is stationary with the peripherals anymore. I move my keyboard all the time, the mouse gets moved all the time and so I have to figure out that process where shit doesn't get tangled all the time.

3080Ti comes in this Friday, if not earlier from UPS. Gaming at 4k is going to really benefit from DLSS I think. Looking forward to it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Trying out a new setup where I moved my computer into the guest room along with my 55" OLED. Putting my 6900XT to work on this 4k display and it's no surprise that it looks fucking better than the screens I was using. Trying to figure out some of the desk to recliner logistics still, but I think it'll work out pretty well. Have to learn that nothing is stationary with the peripherals anymore. I move my keyboard all the time, the mouse gets moved all the time and so I have to figure out that process where shit doesn't get tangled all the time.

3080Ti comes in this Friday, if not earlier from UPS. Gaming at 4k is going to really benefit from DLSS I think. Looking forward to it.
I tried this but I decided to just get a better 1440p monitor. HDR gaming still doesn't really work for PCs so it was better to just get a monitor with very high refresh rate and very high color saturation.

Crone

I tried this but I decided to just get a better 1440p monitor. HDR gaming still doesn't really work for PCs so it was better to just get a monitor with very high refresh rate and very high color saturation.
I have a 34" UW 1440p, 120hz VA panel, 27" 1440p 75hz IPS panel, and then 27" 1440p 144hz TN panel. If this doesn't work out I'll probably go back to some combination of the 2. I really like ultrawide for gaming and work.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have a 34" UW 1440p, 120hz VA panel, 27" 1440p 75hz IPS panel, and then 27" 1440p 144hz TN panel. If this doesn't work out I'll probably go back to some combination of the 2. I really like ultrawide for gaming and work.
A lot of the monitors people use are shitty. When I saw how nice stuff looked on my Samsung QLED QN90A, I went searching for better monitors. I was amazed at how much better monitors have gotten in just the past 2 years, even modern IPS vs 2-year-old IPS, and also vs the Dell S2716DG (TN panel) that I bought 5 years ago.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users