NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Then move it to the tech forum where it would belong?

A specific thread for alerts, drops, and hardware deals in the tech forum wouldn't be a bad idea. I'd even sticky it.

But then I'd have to click more than once to see all this goodness

That Sounds Miserable 90 Day Fiance The Other Way GIF by TLC

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That one is fine. This one is probably slightly better:

This one is nice for the price:

(Amazon's motherboard prices are all kinds of fucked up because most of them are coming from 3rd party sellers.)

Thanks, just went with the WiFi version of the Asus model b/c I don't have a wired drop in the office and am tired of the little dongle.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Ugh I’ve been holding strong on waiting to upgrade for Raptor Lake in Q3 but the price on the 12700k is so tempting.

Wish I knew what the state of DDR5 would be in Q3. I like to do one big upgrade and sit on my parts for years as opposed to upgrading things every other.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Ugh I’ve been holding strong on waiting to upgrade for Raptor Lake in Q3 but the price on the 12700k is so tempting.

Wish I knew what the state of DDR5 would be in Q3. I like to do one big upgrade and sit on my parts for years as opposed to upgrading things every other.
Well, if you can get the DDR4 motherboard and CPU cheap enough, you can think of it as a way to get one last ride out of your top-end DDR4.

DDR5 is relatively easy to grab suddenly within the past week, and the price isn't that bad if you want the cheap stuff:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

With new gens of processors on the horizon, DDR5 starting to come into its "own", etc. I don't see any reason to not just wait until around the holiday season.

But, even if you go balls to the wall on a current gen system, something like a 12700k is going to last you quite a while. I got 10 years out of a 3570k and it was only in that last year or two that it really started to show its age. You'd easily be able to get 5 years out of a good DDR4 system.

• 1Like

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
So you can get a 12700K for 364$ now.

Based on my experience so far, I'd strongly suggest anyone that has anything less than a 9900K or a 3800X and has the spare money to buy one and get one of the cheaper DDR4 motherboards and go for it. This chip is absolutely insane for the price.
I've always wondered which holds me back in tarkov more, my 1080ti, 16gb ram, or ..... fuck me my computer is older than I thought. I5 6600k

Kiki

Log Wizard
Ram is the easist to fix but if you need everything, might as well buy a custom or prebuilt and fix it all in one go.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If you are just 1080p gaming it’s fairly cheap to build up something nice with a 12700k or 12600k. Look into HWSWAP on Reddit for a cheaper local Gpu and get the rest at retail. Likewise I’m sure there a bunch of people who just constantly build and sell rigs on it like I do.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you are just 1080p gaming it’s fairly cheap to build up something nice with a 12700k or 12600k. Look into HWSWAP on Reddit for a cheaper local Gpu and get the rest at retail. Likewise I’m sure there a bunch of people who just constantly build and sell rigs on it like I do.
I always forget about HWSWAP and just checked it out tonight for shits and giggles and ended up picking up an Astro A40 TR headset + mixamp for $60. Lol

spronk

FPS noob
i wouldn't expect production of anything that has silicon on board to get better for the next 4 years. if you want something, don't hesitate and snag it the second it is available

• 1Rustled

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

This is actually in-stock and not a terrible price for that card all things considered. Certainly one of the better options for 4K gaming.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Best Buy drop prioritized TotalTech members - looks like most everything has sold out before opening to the public but the 3080Ti is still showing a how do I buy this button… not sure how long the hold lasts for members though.