NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SmartSelect_20220214-130128_Gmail.jpg

I finally get someone to sell me a card then i won the lotto? Fuck. Not sure if it's worth buying and trying to get a small profit to cover time and hassle to ship, or use the mobo for anything. I'm assuming i can swap a new cpu into the same socket i have now and not moving to ddr5 yet.

Not much time but does anyone want me to snag it for them?

Sludig

Pass. 11th gen Intel was a trashfire.
I plan to do new build come raptor lake, but now that my cpu is weak link at 7 years old, would like to upgrade it if i can. Will a 12700k fit the same socket? Just new cpu cooler, or could i even salvage that with care.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I plan to do new build come raptor lake, but now that my cpu is weak link at 7 years old, would like to upgrade it if i can. Will a 12700k fit the same socket? Just new cpu cooler, or could i even salvage that with care.
Nothing 12th or 13th gen is going to fit in that Z590 board.

Sludig

I'm still confused as to what you're asking.
Forgetting my new egg shuffle, i have an old 6600(k?) Cpu. I'm interested in the cpu you've listed a few times. Are those compatible on the same mobo my 6600 is likely in.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Forgetting my new egg shuffle, i have an old 6600(k?) Cpu. I'm interested in the cpu you've listed a few times. Are those compatible on the same mobo my 6600 is likely in.
No not even slightly.

No Intel chipset+socket type combo has survived more than 2 CPU generations. Some didn't even get to 2.

spronk

FPS noob
34" qd-oleds coming soon for $1300 from alienware/dell

i guess qd-oled uses blue lasers which means it should theoretically be brighter and more vibrant. wonder how the burn in issues would be, but i think it'll take testers a few months to really figure it out

• 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's a lot of things on the spec sheet for that monitor that give me some pause.

The contrast is great because it can do near true black, but it does not get very bright, which is probably how they avoid the burn-in.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There's a lot of things on the spec sheet for that monitor that give me some pause.

The contrast is great because it can do near true black, but it does not get very bright, which is probably how they avoid the burn-in.
But that marketing picture looks bright. Why would they lie?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
34" qd-oleds coming soon for $1300 from alienware/dell

i guess qd-oled uses blue lasers which means it should theoretically be brighter and more vibrant. wonder how the burn in issues would be, but i think it'll take testers a few months to really figure it out

I've played a lot of games on my 803 series OLED philips, it has 120hz, no burn in whatsover.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

I'd post pictures of how Dune looks on a well calibrated OLED, but I wouldn't be able to share the original quality on the interweb anyway.

The whole burnin shit is overdone, it seems to come from people that either neglect their screens (turning it off entirely when it needs to refresh its display instead), or people that had faulty products.

I binged like 60 hours of dying light in 7 days, it didn't burn anything. If you don't allow the monitor to refresh itself after a 10+ hour play session, you are going to have a bad time I am sure.

Also it seems the (early gen) OLEDs don't like to stand in bright light. This wouldn't be a problem for Mist Mist though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, most normal monitors are blindingly bright at anything above 40% brightness, so it might actually be fine.

Basically, from what I'm gathering, the regular pixels can only get to 250 nits, but the local dimming QLED pixel layer can boost that brightness up to 1000.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I’m not concerned with burn in really. I’ve seen the new generation oled tests that get slight burn in after the same image is up for like 6 months straight. I don’t do anything near that kind of abuse, I wouldn’t expect a new oled to ever get burn in for me.

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah I’m not concerned with burn in really. I’ve seen the new generation oled tests that get slight burn in after the same image is up for like 6 months straight. I don’t do anything near that kind of abuse, I wouldn’t expect a new oled to ever get burn in for me.

i didn't watch it but didn't LTTs oled burn in test say OLEDs kinda suck as pc monitors? I have my 65 C1 attached to my PC but i only ever use it to watch movies/TV, never as a "real" PC screen

My previous office TV was a 2017 B7 LG OLED and it got burn in after around 25k hours (5 years of 8-10 hours a day). For me thats pretty fucking great and I don't mind switching TVs every 5-6 years, but OLED burn in does happen eventually. Hopefully even longer on new TVs, but curious how QD-OLED will be.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is why its always dumb as fuck to be on the leading edge with electronics like this. You play like 10X more if not even 100x if you only wait like a year or two. The tech is better advanced by then with all the bugs worked out.

Shit I remember in the early 2Ks I saw a 80" lcd for like $20K at some electronics store next to our lunch Chinese place we went to. We were all like holy shit that thing is fucking bad ass. Now I saw a 80" LCD at costco for $1200 which is prob 100x better in every way than that $20K lcd we saw.