NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Both of those are a waste. WTF do you need 24 gigs of Vram for? Why pay for some shit you will NEVER use unless youre a dev.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Oh I have a 3090 already lol, I got it from BBY a year ago or whatever.

I was just shocked seeing the pricetags on this shit being ~500$ higher than what I paid for a 3090. Fucking dark times out there in the GPU world still I guess heh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

I was just shocked seeing the pricetags on this shit being ~500$ higher than what I paid for a 3090. Fucking dark times out there in the GPU world still I guess heh.
LOL my kid paid $800 for a fucking 3060ti which is what, a $400-$450 msrp? Dark times indeed.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
LOL my kid paid $800 for a fucking 3060ti which is what, a $400-$450 msrp? Dark times indeed.

Yea what the fuck lol

I wonder how long these prices hold? Like I can't imagine people are lining up outside Microcenter to pay 1800$ for a 3080ti, so does this shit just sit on the shelves now?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yea what the fuck lol

I wonder how long these prices hold? Like I can't imagine people are lining up outside Microcenter to pay 1800$ for a 3080ti, so does this shit just sit on the shelves now?
Someone will pay it, sure, but people lining up to pay ~$2k for a video card? Probably not. As you can see newegg has them still in stock for those insane prices or some dumb worthless bundle. And scalpers cant scalp them for more lol.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I remember when people thought I was insane to be paying almost $900 for a 6700XT about a year ago...

Fadaar

That guy

$1500 club high five

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Aight boys, help me find a Sata female to psu adapter for this damn AIO. I can only seem to find the male adapters. I need the opposite of this.

vivaldi_lqOIw7AqHH.png

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Something like this?
Or that adapter and a female to female sata?

Edit cheaper:

Your post isn't loading for some reason. Can you send me a DM?

I need a direct PSU to Sata female power cable. The AIO has a male sata cable for power.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Your post isn't loading for some reason. Can you send me a DM?

I need a direct PSU to Sata female power cable. The AIO has a male sata cable for power.
This didn't come with your PSU?

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I just thought I would have a look and then said, nah. I will wait until Intel Arc hits in Q2 and see what that does to prices. $1500 for a 6800xt? GFYs BB and Amazon. Amazon I get, because shitheels can sell anything for anything but BB selling the same card for the same price? I guess that's just the MSRP now; if you can't beat the scalpers join them. Mean, launch 6800xt is down there lonely at $649, 3080 at $699. What could have been. /tear
BB_video_cards_3-3a.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Both of those are a waste. WTF do you need 24 gigs of Vram for? Why pay for some shit you will NEVER use unless youre a dev.

minecraft RTX mode in 8k dual screen VR

ultra high 16k rez AA upsampled nude model textures for Elden Ring

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Well im glad there is a use for it other than dev shit because gaming aint it, lol.
4K games with large textures can use more than 12GB rather easily now, and nvidia doesn't have an option between 12 and 24.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah, I just thought I would have a look and then said, nah. I will wait until Intel Arc hits in Q2 and see what that does to prices. $1500 for a 6800xt? GFYs BB and Amazon. Amazon I get, because shitheels can sell anything for anything but BB selling the same card for the same price? I guess that's just the MSRP now; if you can't beat the scalpers join them. Mean, launch 6800xt is down there lonely at $649, 3080 at $699. What could have been. /tearView attachment 401314
I don’t think that’s the retailers setting that price, it’s the “partners” that are taking the base chipset, adding $5 worth of fans and lights, and marking the price up 50%.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I don’t think that’s the retailers setting that price, it’s the “partners” that are taking the base chipset, adding $5 worth of fans and lights, and marking the price up 50%.
Tariffs are a huge part of that. The chips are made in Taiwan and excluded from tariffs. The more of the board and board components that's assembled in China, the bigger the tariff. So if the chip goes on a Chinese PCB with Chinese cooler and fans, you're getting boned. This is a big part of why the ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI stuff is so fucking high.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user