NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My 3060ti is sagging a bit, and it's probably something I should address. Recommendations for braces? I have a Fractal Meshify C chassis.
Many sub $10 options on amazon. Bought one for like $6 before i realized my torrent comes with one now.

Id ship spare to ya, but itd likely cost just as much as a new one from Bezos.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Does this affect using an LG OLED or other TV with actual HDR as your display?
Yes.

There's two things that Windows 11 improves.

The desktop looks better in HDR, the standard UI colors, like folders and icons, are not all muted when you switch on HDR like they are in Windows 10.

It can add AutoHDR to many DirectX games, even ones not designed for HDR.

In Windows 10 you basically have to keep switching back and forth between HDR mode when you go to play an HDR enabled game like Forza Horizon 5 or Halo, but then all your apps and other games will look all muted because of the gamut mapping, so you have to turn HDR off.

In Windows 11 you can turn AutoHDR on and just leave it, nearly everything will use the full HDR gamut.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yes.

There's two things that Windows 11 improves.

The desktop looks better in HDR, the standard UI colors, like folders and icons, are not all muted when you switch on HDR like they are in Windows 10.

It can add AutoHDR to many DirectX games, even ones not designed for HDR.

In Windows 10 you basically have to keep switching back and forth between HDR mode when you go to play an HDR enabled game like Forza Horizon 5 or Halo, but then all your apps and other games will look all muted because of the gamut mapping, so you have to turn HDR off.

In Windows 11 you can turn AutoHDR on and just leave it, nearly everything will use the full HDR gamut.
Cracks me up that Windows is filled with dialog boxes that go all the way back to Windows 3.1. They should look at cutting out all the garbage instead of trying to emulate MacOS.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Have an MSI RX 6800 lying around now. Selling for 700 if anyone interested. Don't want to deal with Ebay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Cracks me up that Windows is filled with dialog boxes that go all the way back to Windows 3.1. They should look at cutting out all the garbage instead of trying to emulate MacOS.
It's funny but they will never be able to get rid of mmsys.cpl. netcpl.cpl, ncpa.cpl, and powercfg.cpl are difficult as well.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's no reason to run both, they both eliminate tearing and v-sync is a huge performance hit.

Make sure to check your refresh rate.
Read the linked post.

V-Sync in the drivers is different from V-Sync ingame.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider

These are up too.

Yes, they're overpriced but they're still cheap compared to basically everything else in that range and generally better.

EDIT: I take that back, this one is actually a pretty good price for what you get.
Went ahead and pulled the trigger on one of these, appreciate the heads up! Although now I guess I gotta like...build a computer :O I'm still rocking a 1080 (not Ti) from my last build in 2017, what seems like an eternity ago. Sure I had an SSD, but now they've got nvmes? And sure I had ram, but now they've got RGBs? Goodness me so many letters to figure out. Off to the Computer thread for me!

spronk

FPS noob
one of those pc builders that sponsors streamers shut down, it all started a week ago when they ran a giveaway of a PC on their twitch stream, the winner turned out to be a tiny streamer and the CEO said she didn't have enough followers to qualify to win. it turned into a huge shit storm, turned out the company was building shit PCs and now a week later they fired everyone and are shutting down lol

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users