NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How low will it go I wonder? Just a quick look at Amazon has 3090's slightly under msrp.

There are a fuckton of these cards out there and with crypto crashing, Nvidia / AMD are going to have a hell of time selling competing with all of those extra cards coming back. Plus they want to clear out inventory to make room for the new cards. Karma is a bitch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How low will it go I wonder? Just a quick look at Amazon has 3090's slightly under msrp.

There are a fuckton of these cards out there and with crypto crashing, Nvidia / AMD are going to have a hell of time selling competing with all of those extra cards coming back. Plus they want to clear out inventory to make room for the new cards. Karma is a bitch.
Was a sale on the 3060 this past weekend listed on reddit for $249 free shipping. Pretty soon, unless its just a computer you dont care about - there should be no reason for people to not have at 20x0 at worst or a 30x0 series card.

Granted the 3060 isnt "that" powerful. Im just insinuating that the bottom rung of PC gamers should upgrade their shit this generation.

Daidraco

Also, the "rumor" which could be fake as fuck - we just dont know. But the 4090 series (not the TI) is going to retail from Nvidia itself for $2999. Thats before EVGA and whoever else adds on their shit.

I mean it "could" be just as simple that they're listing it this high so that people DO snag up all the surplus of 30x0 series. But good god, I am NOT going to drop $3k plus on a fucking graphics card.

(edit: and fk, I didnt even think about the fact that Im going to have to get a bigger fucking power supply for that 450 watt behemoth.)

spronk

FPS noob
haven't really kept up with amazon prime day sales but this seems like a nice monitor. 4k, 144hz, g-sync, HBR3, HDR1000. Only downside is VA panel not IPS/OLED and i'm not familiar with the brand. $650 today only

www.amazon.com/dp/B0947K1VRX/

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

TL:DW - Apparently nVidia and retailer supported, so not just retailers trying to move inventory, huge price reductions happening.

Malakriss

Seen 3080s for $800, some premium members only 3070 Ti $450 offerings, etc

• 1Mother of God

spronk

FPS noob
just an interesting mini documentary from gamers nexus. these are the guys who denied a free PC to a streamer because they were too small and the entire business collapsed the next week, but really the business was in unrecoverable territory before that

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I found the real reason for their downfall.

LTT Pillows.

1657678003413.png

• 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Also, update on my LG C1 fuckery. A certified HDMI cable did the trick. No more glitches, static, or black screen issues.

There's too many of you guys to tag, but thanks for the pointers.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm currently using a 1080Ti, should I upgrade my pc with a 3060 or a 3070 or that will not change much ?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I'm currently using a 1080Ti, should I upgrade my pc with a 3060 or a 3070 or that will not change much ?
No, the 3060 doesn't even match a 2070, the 3060 is shit and the 3060 Ti should've been the baseline 3060 model.

The first card that would be an upgrade for a 1080 Ti would probably be a 3070 Ti. See for yourself:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Post the deals!
Here's an interesting one. Open box, LHR 3080 for less than $500 on eBay with no takers? What the fuck is up with this?

**EDIT** Seller has 0 rating. I think that is the issue at hand.

Daidraco

I brought up the 3060 earlier for people that are still using something like my work computers 970 as a gaming card. As Neranja Neranja pointed out - its a rough equivalent of what was at the time the top end card, and even today is still a pretty damn good card. The only caveat being that if people are still using a 970 for example, then their monitor is most like a 60fps monitor and going too far up into the 30x0 series is going to be largely wasted.

I still see threads on reddit about people being happy to be getting off of on board graphics, so a nice card for only 250 bucks is a steal.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

i have a 1080ti too and am waiting for the 4090 to upgrade. The main advantage of going to a 30xx, any, for you at this point is it adds RTX which the 10xx does not support. Do I really give a shit about RTX? Well, I don't even game on my PC (now I do on steam deck) so no, I don't really care that much. I think the 30xx line also supports DLSS which IS a big change but I don't know enough about it, but basically games can render at far lower resolutions but "look" better.

There is no doubt RTX is "better", but it basically makes reflections, mirrors, water, etc look more real. Does that really matter to me? not really lol, but you definitely see the difference

DLSS:

I think theres a new variant of DLSS, FSR (maybe AMDs?) so not sure how that plays into things either.

• 1Like