NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I made it to the Newegg Place Order button with an EVGA XC3 Ultra but then their site crashed. Oh well, never even saw the FE on BB's site available once.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh well, no loss. At least the Painters showed up on time to remind me that I'm already spending $6k this week.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I was able to add the EVGA XC to my cart in BestBuy about 20 times but it never let me check out. Got to the shipping page once, but then nothing.

Yeah, it let me add that one but instant checkout with apple pay it told me to fuck off and they were out of stock. I wish people stopped buying from scalpers so release days were actually fun instead of the same disappointment every time. It's basically a given and not even really disappointing anymore really, just pointless.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thank you for visiting Newegg.com. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience but we are currently experiencing problems on our server. Please try again at a later time.
If you have any questions, please visit our FAQs or simply contact us and our helpful staff will alleviate any concerns you may have.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
EVGA's site hasn't been reachable since 5 min before launch. I doubt anything has happened there.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I made it to the Newegg Place Order button with an EVGA XC3 Ultra but then their site crashed. Oh well, never even saw the FE on BB's site available once.

I was able to get it fully processed through the app but it was actually sold out. I'm guessing their site just can't keep up and you never even actually got it to your cart.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Seems I got 2 MSI GeForce RTX 3080 VENTUS 3X OC coming from different stores. Will probably return one unless I could make a buck or two reselling the second one.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This isn’t a real launch, just Nvidia paper launching to get out ahead of AMD

• 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Seems I got 2 MSI GeForce RTX 3080 VENTUS 3X OC coming from different stores. Will probably return one unless I could make a buck or two reselling the second one.

Pretty sure you can make good money off reselling these considering how few people that want one were able to get one today.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

If you got two. You got a free card! Sell that bitch!

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This isn’t a real launch, just Nvidia paper launching to get out ahead of AMD

This plays well for the next NVDA quarterly earnings call - "Our new cards sold out worldwide within 5 minutes!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This plays well for the next NVDA quarterly earnings call - "Our new cards sold out worldwide within 5 minutes!"

That kind of stuff is so dumb. CMON does that with their kickstarters. They set the funding at $100k knowing it will reach that within 10 seconds of launch so they can add a 'fully funded in ten seconds' stamp to their page.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This. I wish we knew the actual numbers of cards shipped to retailers.
Likely in the hundreds as the other two threads I’m in have almost zero percent success either. The reddit/4chan rumours of Amazon, Best Buy etc only having a few hundred (total across entire country) appear true to me.

Fuck Nvidia