Got something right about marriage
The human eye can't detect more than 43 frames per second

• 3Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
8K gaming is a gimmick that provides negligible benefit for a vastly larger performance hit. The proximity you need to be to the screen to see the difference pretty much guarantees that it will be a horrible viewing angle.

This isn't like high framerates where a lot of it is subjective and the science isn't well fleshed out. Visual acuity is well understood and there's only so much detail that the human eye can see unless they're part eagle or channeling Legolas seeing the hobbits being taken to Isengard.

Yeah I can’t wait til 16k either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Have you seen basic math in person?
Is this the part where you link Be the Expert: 8K TV | Wholesale Distributor | Petra Industries. ?

Because it's got nothing on
EfiXF0BUEAEjvi6.jpg

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
how fucking old are you? Moore's law is going to march right past 8k gaming in a few years.

40. I just can’t imagine caring about 8k. I’m not going to be 45-50 and get an 80” gaming screen that I sit five feet from to take advantage of the 8k.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The human eye can't detect more than 43 frames per second
Not sure if satire but the air force actually tested this out. They took pilots and would flash images of various jets on a screen in front of them. iirc around 240hz or so was the upper limit that the best ones could accurately identify the jets being shown.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
40. I just can’t imagine caring about 8k. I’m not going to be 45-50 and get an 80” gaming screen that I sit five feet from to take advantage of the 8k.

I seriously am starting to feel like advances in technology are lost on me a bit. I made a face palm joke earlier about how wives couldn’t tell the difference between VHS and DVD but I’m seriously getting to that point where I’m like: wow this looks about the same to me or at least same enough that I’m not spending money to fucking worry about it. Just age I guess.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at too, but I think I'll still reap the benefits of 8k gaming in a few years. Right now I'm using a Dell Alienware AW3418DW 34" (Actual size 34.14") 1900R WQHD 3440 x 1440 4ms 120Hz Overclocked NVIDIA G-SYNC HDMI DisplayPort 4xUSB 3.0 IPS LED Backlit Curved Gaming Monitor - Newegg.com and my biggest complaint is that it's too small physically. I can definitely see an improved 8kish ultrawide version coming out in a few years that's 50-100% larger in area and the gaming industry to move toward supporting a wider viewing FOV than what we have now. Basically something closer to
s-l640.jpg

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at too, but I think I'll still reap the benefits of 8k gaming in a few years. Right now I'm using a Dell Alienware AW3418DW 34" (Actual size 34.14") 1900R WQHD 3440 x 1440 4ms 120Hz Overclocked NVIDIA G-SYNC HDMI DisplayPort 4xUSB 3.0 IPS LED Backlit Curved Gaming Monitor - Newegg.com and my biggest complaint is that it's too small physically. I can definitely see an improved 8kish ultrawide version coming out in a few years that's 50-100% larger in area and the gaming industry to move toward supporting a wider viewing FOV than what we have now. Basically something closer to
s-l640.jpg

See I would have gladly had that in my living room when I was 22.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Just scored an EVGA FTW3 Ultra on the EVGA site. Put the wrong shipping address in through Paypal though so I'll prob have to cancel LOL

1600898340665.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Paypal doesn’t store your address?
It has my old address in there. I don't know why the hell it populates - I've deleted it completely out of my Paypal profile. And after the order is placed there's no way of changing it. I loath Paypal - it's the only way to win these checkout races though.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It has my old address in there. I don't know why the hell it populates - I've deleted it completely out of my Paypal profile. And after the order is placed there's no way of changing it. I loath Paypal - it's the only way to win these checkout races though.

Apple Pay is the only way I’ve been able to win. It’s seriously a 2 second process. Add to cart, thumbprint, done. Has all your payment and address in it already.