NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What is the difference between a genuine scalper and a bot?

For me, an electronics scalper who isn't using automation isn't genuine, they're clueless bads.
"Amateurs talk about opportunities, but Professionals study about automation"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Watching the Linus 8k video really puts into perspective how far behind consoles actually are

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
isn't that Linus' video, he is playing games on a 8K OLED TV with a 3090. doesn't seem "worth it" but it seems ok

Lenas

Trump's Staff
15% better in 4k gaming but what's the % delta in 8k? Unplayable to playable? That's like infinity % difference. BUY NOW.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t think I’ll be able to afford or care about 8k gaming in my lifetime. 1440p itself looks great, 4K 120hz will melt my boner off I’m sure.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The fence was too far away from the TV for Tuco to make anything out

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The fence was too far away from the TV for Tuco to make anything out
That's a big question (distance to TV) but I'd be willing to sit 2 feet from a 55" 8k TV if game devs made a UI that would support that. I'm already at a disadvantage in some games right in front of my 34" ultra-wide when playing games that anchor critical UI elements to the bottom / sides.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I definitely want to check it out some day, just can’t ever see myself owning it. Too old to bother, too young to care!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
8K gaming is a gimmick that provides negligible benefit for a vastly larger performance hit. The proximity you need to be to the screen to see the difference pretty much guarantees that it will be a horrible viewing angle.

This isn't like high framerates where a lot of it is subjective and the science isn't well fleshed out. Visual acuity is well understood and there's only so much detail that the human eye can see unless they're part eagle or channeling Legolas seeing the hobbits being taken to Isengard.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I definitely want to check it out some day, just can’t ever see myself owning it. Too old to bother, too young to care!
how fucking old are you? Moore's law is going to march right past 8k gaming in a few years.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
8K gaming is a gimmick that provides negligible benefit for a vastly larger performance hit. The proximity you need to be to the screen to see the difference pretty much guarantees that it will be a horrible viewing angle.
Have you seen 8k gaming in person?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
sorry, I meant in person. Like when Best buy or whatever electronics store has a 3090 on display with an 8k TV I want to go check it out.

Ya, I'd love to see that also. Though I doubt I will ever purchase something like this.