NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

spronk

FPS noob
Just make sure to take a pen thingie to detect counterfit bills and don't let anyone follow you home

ebay sold 140 gigabyte 3080s directly on ebay, they sold out in under 2 mins

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Just make sure to take a pen thingie to detect counterfit bills and don't let anyone follow you home

When I was selling my cards last week there was a dude who was insisting on a cash deal, then earlier today I saw a sign at McDonalds saying they won't accept $50s anymore because someone is making counterfeits. 100% the guy was trying to buy the card with counterfeit cash.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I always arrive slightly late and scope the person out. I also conceal carry. Pretty much everything we've sold has been old kids clothes or toys so it's usually suburban moms.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nvidia no longer selling through their store. Third party retailers only

I'm all done, switching to AMD

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just wondering how many of the people in this thread are thanking AMD and consoles specifically for these 30x cards?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
just buy a ps5

you don't need to update video drivers every 3 days

AcademicOptimisticAxolotl-max-1mb.gif

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've never owned an AMD card but now I'm interested in what they can do for performance per watt.

• 3Repost
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've never owned an AMD card but now I'm interested in what they can do for performance per watt.
You’re going to be so god damn comfortable next summer babe.

• 12Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 15 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not even buying a ps5 until a year out. I've found in the last year I've played my ps4 once a week with my kids

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Just wondering how many of the people in this thread are thanking AMD and consoles specifically for these 30x cards?
It's just that Nvidia didn't want to shell out double the money for TSMC 7nm, and are now funding Samsung's new 8nm node. The high end, professional, and "full" Nvidia Ampere (GA100) is made with the TSMC 7nm node, while the gaming plebs are getting 8nm Samsung.

So maybe if you were nice this year Santa Nvidia is bringing you a 3080 SUPER with TSMC 7nm and both higher clocks and lower power consumption.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It's just that Nvidia didn't want to shell out double the money for TSMC 7nm
Wasnt a matter of money, they could not buy any capacity. TSMC's capacity is 100% booked which is why they had to go to Samsung. Even AMD is supply constrained when it comes to processors, which im guessing is also why they are charging more for the 5000 series.

Its really a very precarious position for the entire world when you consider China's ambitions.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
1602365043204.png

No worries guyz, this launch is just like any other gfx card release11!!!!111

Fucking Jensen

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user